Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The Leftovers was a great show, you should watch that op

loving mAX RICHTER. was listening to max richter today. and gently caress buttons!!! HELLO???

Did you read the Tom Whatshissface book the leftovers, OP? I did. It was pretty good. Better than the show cuz there was no seasons 2 or 3 in the book. He also wrote Election. Perotta. That's it. Tom Perotta. He wrote the novel The Leftovers and Election now a major motion picture starring ferris bueller who murders irish citizens with no repercussions and reese chin and also he wrote the novel for HBO Original Series Miss Fletcher the show My Wife Likes With That Chick on HBO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sounds like you have a terminal case of brain aids op

:gas:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ops fridge is stacked bottom to top with pepperoni pizza lunchables and Capri Suns, prove me wrong

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

Ops fridge is stacked bottom to top with pepperoni pizza lunchables and Capri Suns, prove me wrong

i can't

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smugworth posted:

Lol nope I run salmon chicken ground beef lots of Asian and Mexican foods, and half full of fresh veggies. It's just cooked items that gag me out.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

kntfkr posted:

loving mAX RICHTER. was listening to max richter today. and gently caress buttons!!! HELLO???

Did you read the Tom Whatshissface book the leftovers, OP? I did. It was pretty good. Better than the show cuz there was no seasons 2 or 3 in the book. He also wrote Election. Perotta. That's it. Tom Perotta. He wrote the novel The Leftovers and Election now a major motion picture starring ferris bueller who murders irish citizens with no repercussions and reese chin and also he wrote the novel for HBO Original Series Miss Fletcher the show My Wife Likes With That Chick on HBO

Are you the posting manifestation of cocaine?

Leftover chinese, pizza (unless it was frozen) and mexican food is amazing. Leftover sandwiches can be pretty gross, and reheating most non-tomato based pasta sauces is an absolute nightmare.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 30, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Jelly posted:

Are you the posting manifestation of cocaine?

Chinese Corn Liquor but close!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eating some cold (room temp) pizza right now OP!!!!! SUCK IT!!!! :blastu:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That reminds me, last night I ate some week old egg-sausage-potato scramble with some refried beans

:smuggo:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

that's too old smugwort

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

I didn’t read it but I did listen to the audiobook version of The Leftovers and the narrator was very good and nailed the tone perfectly. This was after I had seen the show so it was fun to compare and contrast. Anyway that’s my story about The Leftovers, hope you found enjoyment and value in my comments.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Clearly you have a mild form of brain worms and if you actually cared you probably need therapy.. lol bitch can't eat left over Chinese food or chili or lasagna lol get the gently caress out 🤣

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm gonna order a pizza and place it directly in the fridge so I can eat it cold for dinner 🍽️

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wendigee posted:

Clearly you have a mild form of brain worms and if you actually cared you probably need therapy.. lol bitch can't eat left over Chinese food or chili or lasagna lol get the gently caress out 🤣

get his rear end

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I call em “sloppy seconds” op

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Wendigee posted:

lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
op this is for you

there's a local restaurant theater I go to that most people will just leave their plates of food on their tables after the movie is over and walk out, and the staff will come in and dumpster everything once the credits have finished rolling. I'll go around before they do that and load up take-home containers with anything that hasn't been eaten. I know some homeless folks and people who don't have much that will take it, who know where it's from from and don't give a poo poo. they were psyched to get one of those large containers crammed full of free buffalo wings/tenders, mozzerella sticks, onion rings, waffle fries, tacos, nachos, pizza etc. anything other folks don't take I'll eat. 2 minutes in the microwave will nuke anything bad in the food, been doing it for 12 years and never gotten sick from it. sometimes the place has specials like a mushroom swiss melt burger or lobster macaroni and those are always good. went to see the force awakens to a packed house and left there with half a fridge full's worth of leftover food from a single showing, about 40 pounds of stuff. a lot of times at that place people order an entire meal, don't even touch it, and then it goes right in the trash. went to see a movie once and there was some huge birthday party that left 8 entire untouched pizzas behind. the waste is insane

I was incredibly poor and destitute from crippling medical expenses for a long time and that beat the pickiness and squeamishness right outta me forever, on top of my girlfriend at the time losing her poo poo at seeing the wastefulness of americans, made me decide to start doing that, and I still do it. even though I've gotten things back on track I still eat anything that I've got that's not gone bad. if it's moldy tho that's no good, since if you can see mold on something, it's usually already all over or through the rest of the thing, just not visible.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
My wife won’t eat leftovers and it drives me crazy. No leftovers no rear end. Constantly throwing away food as she just won’t eat the same meal two nights in a row or rear end. “I’m tired of that.” like we’ve been eating it all week also she doesn’t lick my rear end in a top hat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
yeah we shouldnt let this incredible self-own of a thread die just yet :twisted:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
i only eat leftovers cold except for pasta. it's hosed up but i won't stop. i will never reheat

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

After reading this thread I've been able to ingest Chinese food on its 2nd day, eat some leftover pizza lubch on day 2, and I repurposed some taco meat in a tortilla and made a burrito.

Thanks SA I needed unbiased chastising to help me break this.

Called it Scared Straight Leftover Edition

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

MonkeyHate posted:

My wife won’t eat leftovers and it drives me crazy. No leftovers no rear end. Constantly throwing away food as she just won’t eat the same meal two nights in a row or rear end. “I’m tired of that.” like we’ve been eating it all week also she doesn’t lick my rear end in a top hat.

Bro i will eat your rear end and savor it like that guy in the Matrix eats his steak. I will chow your butt hole like it's a State Fair watermelon-eating competition. But food that was made more than one hour and forty minutes ago? Bro that poo poo is. loving GROSS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
glad the GoFundMe was successful to get da OP a "microwave" that takes leftovers and converts them into delicious hot foods.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There's a lotta food that's better the second night... stews/soups/casseroles/anything where the flavors can blend and focus.

I can't eat other people's leftovers, mostly. Like, I'll finish your fries but I'm not gonna eat the other half of your burger.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Das Boo posted:

There's a lotta food that's better the second night... stews/soups/casseroles/anything where the flavors can blend and focus.

I can't eat other people's leftovers, mostly. Like, I'll finish your fries but I'm not gonna eat the other half of your burger.

Yeah j ain't doing that. So this point I will eat some non consumed leftovers. So stuff that isnt bitten into.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is it a germophobe or OCD thing or what

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i bit into the soup.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
OP, you are why the terrorists hate us.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
My brother and sister-in-law intentionally over-ordered with the caterer for their wedding. They specifically wanted leftovers and take-home boxes for any guests that wanted them.

Once dinner/celebration was done the caterers just boxed up meals and handed them out as people left as the reception died down. Sliced-up marinated tri-tip, shrimp,(amazingly not overcooked and not rubbery) rice, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, etc.

I walked out of there with 4 boxes of food. A couple pounds each. One went to mom and dad that left early in the evening, two to two neighbors that helped/hired for serving. And I of course kept one for myself. It was about two days of delicious leftovers.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I used to make a black bean chili that was best as a leftover. The key step being to freeze it after cooking. If you didn't the beans would be too tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

cumpantry posted:

i bit into the soup.

That was an aspic