Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I have an absolute disdain for leftovers to the point where I can't even look at them without gagging. It does make it annoying when I have perfectly good leftovers and I literally cannot think of even eating them. I'd rather let them rot or just throw them right away then actually eat them.?

Like I just gag thinking of a leftover burrito or leftover sandwich in the congealed nastiness. I keep seeing people on tiktok and poo poo reinventing their leftovers into new meals and it utterly discussed the gently caress out of me. Especially when you have like a burrito or something like that that has a clear bite marks in it that's where it really gets me gagging.

I just don't ask for a box of restaurants anymore and it makes me feel bad that I'm throwing the food away but I know for a fact I just won't loving eat it.

My wife brought home leftover Chinese food a few nights ago and I looked at it for 3 seconds and couldn't loving do it.

Does anyone else suffer from the same psychological phenomenon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Nope

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
No leftovers rule, though I agree on already bitten burritos

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Try being hungry

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mr.Acula posted:

Try being hungry

I'm always hungry!!!! But I can't do it man like I feel like an utter piece of poo poo when I throw food away but holy poo poo my gag reflex causes such a recoil.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
you don't have a condition or anything, you are just picky and didn't get that humiliated out of you properly, like it rightfully should have been.

if this is true OP, it is not some cute character flaw that makes you more interesting, it's just weak and pathetic

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what about pizza. if you order a pizza and put half in the fridge, surely you'd eat it the next day?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wuss

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Lasagna is best reheated the next day :hai:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dont usually have leftovers but i do have a stash of frozen burritos i made a few weeks ago in case im lazy and/or drunk OP.

only leftovers i eat are chinese takeout and pizza pie. maybe some baked ziti if i order that from the local italian spot too.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I'll discuss the gently caress out of you too, just as soon as I take this box of restaurants home!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Revins posted:

Lasagna is best reheated the next day :hai:

Curry is even better.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lame rear end poo poo for coddled nancies

Don't waste food

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm always hungry!!!! But I can't do it man like I feel like an utter piece of poo poo when I throw food away but holy poo poo my gag reflex causes such a recoil.

Try being broke and hungry then. Start buying more video games so you cant afford enough food.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I've reduced my food wasted by just cooking two portions at any time. Lasagna i just make a small one.
But ughhhh how do you do it how do you eat the sandwich with the mayo all congealed and the acid from the mustard reacting to it over night. Hjjjjj

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Generally if I make a sandwich I eat the whole thing, idk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mayo is already congealed out of the jar OP

its mayo OP

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The whole point of Chinese food is the leftovers OP. Sounds like you're missing the point.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kntfkr posted:

The whole point of Chinese food is the leftovers OP. Sounds like you're missing the point.

Imagine ordering a single meals worth of Chinese food like a fukkin clown

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just eat all the food in front of you in one sitting OP.

Maybe you just don't know how to reheat food so it's not poo poo OP?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
you're not leaving the table until you clean your plate OP

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

verbal enema posted:

Imagine ordering a single meals worth of Chinese food like a fukkin clown

Like maybe on an airplane? Otherwise, don't make a lick of sense.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Lame rear end poo poo for coddled nancies

Don't waste food

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Half a pizza in the fridge? Might eat a piece the next day for lunch. The rest gets consumed by my partner or zzytrash

It's not that I haven't tried, I've reheated the leftovers and as soon as I smell it I just start gagging. Gagging to the point where I literally feel like I'm going to vomit even just looking at it. Like I looked at leftover spaghetti a few days ago and I was losing my mind..

Sometimes when I look at the garbage I start gagging too. I'm not sure why this is but it's the same thing if I see food garbage it just makes me lose my stomach.

It's not like it's always been like this

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Is just the concept of eating stuff that's been in the fridge overnight that revolts you or is it their texture/taste? I almost get the same way about frozen leftovers, but eventually I found a way to reheat them a lot of them so they don't suck or stink.

Otherwise, get a toaster oven or airfryer or something, daymn. Most leftovers look, taste and smell far, FAR better when reheated in an oven than in a microwave.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
what you need is a good downward spiral of depression.

In my time, i used to just throw one of those 3lb of ground beef tubes in the oven with salt and pepper. bam dinner and lunch, and dinner and probably lunch again. or like 5lbs of mashed potatoes.

gently caress it, mix it all together.
Eat it cold. cause you're not bitch-made.

make 24 hard boiled eggs. meals for days.

in that state you are just eating to get calories in your body so you don't feel sick and die.

e- like, I want to be really mean to you. But, I'm sorry. I know everyone has their own personal thing.
I have a handful of picky eaters in my life and it drives me insane.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 29, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Roumba posted:

Is just the concept of eating stuff that's been in the fridge overnight that revolts you or is it their texture/taste? I almost get the same way about frozen leftovers, but eventually I found a way to reheat them a lot of them so they don't suck or stink.

Otherwise, get a toaster oven or airfryer or something, daymn. Most leftovers look, taste and smell far, FAR better when reheated in an oven than in a microwave.

Yes it's just that. I have an air fryer I have a toaster it's not like I have a lack of waste to cook it it's just the texture causes me to recoil.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
maybe you are doing them wrong? or you are a four year old

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

My wife brought home leftover Chinese food a few nights ago and I looked at it for 3 seconds and couldn't loving do it.

splash some soy sauce on it, maybe some chili oil and throw it in the microwave.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

I'm glad my brain isn't broken in that particular way. Some of my family members can't eat leftovers either, but it's due to affluenza. I'd like you to watch a video on the making of pagpag and give us a trip report, but I'm worried you might not survive.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yes it's just that. I have an air fryer I have a toaster it's not like I have a lack of waste to cook it it's just the texture causes me to recoil.
Dang, that sucks. I can only suggest focus on finding some new favorite foods that feel exactly the same when reheated as they are when first cooked? Like chili or soups and stuff.
Maybe keep sauces separate from the rest of the dish so you can keep part of a meal for the next day and make fresh noodles or whatever when you start again?

Or lean hard into the OCD and keep that refrigerator/freezer ultra-clean and smelling nice to help subconsciously convince yourself that it is all fine to eat.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Turdo posted:

I'm glad my brain isn't broken in that particular way. Some of my family members can't eat leftovers either, but it's due to affluenza. I'd like you to watch a video on the making of pagpag and give us a trip report, but I'm worried you might not survive.

Thanks for reminded me pagpag exists :(

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I have an absolute disdain for leftovers to the point where I can't even look at them without gagging. It does make it annoying when I have perfectly good leftovers and I literally cannot think of even eating them. I'd rather let them rot or just throw them right away then actually eat them.?

Like I just gag thinking of a leftover burrito or leftover sandwich in the congealed nastiness. I keep seeing people on tiktok and poo poo reinventing their leftovers into new meals and it utterly discussed the gently caress out of me. Especially when you have like a burrito or something like that that has a clear bite marks in it that's where it really gets me gagging.

I just don't ask for a box of restaurants anymore and it makes me feel bad that I'm throwing the food away but I know for a fact I just won't loving eat it.

the gently caress

gyrotachometer
Jul 20, 2020

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

no

gyrotachometer
Jul 20, 2020
gas

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I used to hate leftovers but then I learned it was because my parents didn't take care of any of their cooking utensils or pots&pans and didn't wash anything properly and didn't store anything correctly in the fridge, and that it's not normal for leftovers to taste like rotten metal.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

There are things which you absolutely can't eat as leftovers because the tinctures flatten. Generally these fall in to the categories of anything with lettuce, fried potatoes, and most sammiches especially but especially ones that have been toasted. Foods with a lot of nectars and juices like soups are just fine as leftovers. I hope this information helps.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I dont do left overs either.

We should start like an exclusive club or something so these bateria eating plebs can chomp away on their dirty disease filled after-eats.

I will however still do left over pizza.

No you dont put it in the fridge (wtf?)
you leave it in the box in the oven (oven is not on for you idiots that leave ovens on for no reason)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

covidstomper58 posted:

There are things which you absolutely can't eat as leftovers because the tinctures flatten. Generally these fall in to the categories of anything with lettuce, fried potatoes, and most sammiches especially but especially ones that have been toasted. Foods with a lot of nectars and juices like soups are just fine as leftovers. I hope this information helps.

Toasted paninis are extremely good cold though