Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
OP I hate your loving guts but drat if you didn't just post a great suggestion.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
poosername/assword

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I'm always secretly afraid I am going to forget the password to my car and be stuck somewhere because I can't remember the password.

stephen_falken
Mar 28, 2023

by the sex ghost

erosion posted:

Every .2 seconds worldwide, someone's identity is stolen. Financial and personal information is only a click away for an enterprising hacker. Thankfully, security pros have a solution: Programming all apps to immediately hide whatever you have just entered on your tiny, error prone touchscreen with an asterisk or dot or some other bullshit. Experts believe this clever practice may prevent a theoretically existing amount of identity theft every year.

One flaw in this system is the password-revealing 'eyeball' button. An attacker who has physically subdued a legitimate user could reveal the user's password, assume their identity, and immediately fly to Sri Lanka and spend all of that person's remaining funds on Dogecoin. Technicians are investigating solutions to this issue, and are currently advising users of apps with this feature to only enter their passwords in a secure location after checking any possible hiding spots an intruder may be using.

Security and safety is always a top priority. Industry leaders are currently looking into even more ways to protect users, like requiring a minimum of 7 emojis in any password, passwords in iambic pentameter, or disposable blood sampling lancets.

What do YOU think? Share your thoughts below.

I recommend infinite-factor authentication. It's quite similar to the fake-rear end privacy-invading phone number, email and other forms of bullsh*t we're using now, except that with IFA™ you NEVER authenticate. Why? Because it's just too bad, that's why. And poor people who have to type in their own passwords instead of having a certified password and data security manager licensed by Brink's (yes there is such a thing) should really be working instead of sitting around on their asses trying to login to their own accounts on company time. It's high time the rich and powerful reassert their dominance in this increasingly egalitarian world; otherwise, we live with the animals.

When we invented cell phones 30 years ago, the oversimplified, insipid idea that people could communicate easier was quickly replaced with incentivization of disruptive technologies which could proactively monetize collaborative synergies and reintermediate the cross-media netspace with world-class bleeding-edge infrastructures. Clearly this presented next-generation opportunities for frictionless, multiply-connected distributed surveillance paradigms: actionable, visionary and ubiquitous.

It's important to remember that end users' time is worthless. Each time they must check a text message or an email account in a soon-to-be withered hope of actually completing a login costs them approximately 2 minutes. Based on an average login amount of 15 per day on average, the end users lose 182.5 hours per year on current multifactor authentication methodologies.

We can and must do better. Furthermore, we in the capitalist sector must minimize our legal responsibility footprint to its absolute minimum. Hence, offloading our security responsibilities by inconveniencing the end user is the obvious solution. With IFA™, we estimate a full 2000 hours per year of wasted effort which doesn't actually increase security at all. And THAT is what Brinks and other capitalists stand for: exploitation in the guise of security.

©2023

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Passwords are for cretins and losers. I use a passphrase . Way way cooler.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
The blood thing is super easy to fake. Getting someone's blood is easier than getting their password.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Mega64 posted:

OP I hate your loving guts but drat if you didn't just post a great suggestion.

You were great in Death Hat

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I say passwords should be one digit, only numbers between 1-2, inclusive, which randomly changes.

that way both you and the person trying to break into it have an even chance of getting in.

We should always be completely fair about these sort of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Literally A Person posted:

Passwords are for cretins and losers. I use a passphrase . Way way cooler.

gasthreadbanop123!!!