Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Every .2 seconds worldwide, someone's identity is stolen. Financial and personal information is only a click away for an enterprising hacker. Thankfully, security pros have a solution: Programming all apps to immediately hide whatever you have just entered on your tiny, error prone touchscreen with an asterisk or dot or some other bullshit. Experts believe this clever practice may prevent a theoretically existing amount of identity theft every year.

One flaw in this system is the password-revealing 'eyeball' button. An attacker who has physically subdued a legitimate user could reveal the user's password, assume their identity, and immediately fly to Sri Lanka and spend all of that person's remaining funds on Dogecoin. Technicians are investigating solutions to this issue, and are currently advising users of apps with this feature to only enter their passwords in a secure location after checking any possible hiding spots an intruder may be using.

Security and safety is always a top priority. Industry leaders are currently looking into even more ways to protect users, like requiring a minimum of 7 emojis in any password, passwords in iambic pentameter, or disposable blood sampling lancets.

What do YOU think? Share your thoughts below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

hmm

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

I don't entirely disagree, there is certainly a need for an industry standard in this regard. Six Sigma can be an amazing tool to refine and improve standards, but in today's world of spiraling costs, is it really a sustainable practice w/r/t this particular field?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Thats some very funny thoughts you had op

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

Hammerite posted:

Thats some very funny thoughts you had op

Honestly really relieved somebody enjoyed it, it's really been a battle lately to motivate myself. I really appreciate you.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Just have a dogshit identity

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The whole identity theft phenomenon is absolutely wild to me. Is there any other developed country on earth other than the US where you can open a bank account, get a credit card or a loan without an ID check?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Simply cum into this pony jar to authenticate yourself. Our blockchain / AI powered solution analyzes your cum to determine if its really you.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Scrotal scanning is the only way to be sure

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Scrotal scanning is the only way to be sure

GBS hates women

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Scrotal and labial scanning is the only way to be sure

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I think you should be allowed one typo per password and it's still accepted.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I merely use patented brain-computer-interface technology to create and input passwords that can never be stolen

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
totally agree with ur sarcasm op

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm too dumb for smart devices neither one of us will remember my password

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if your password is all asterisks it can never be revealed

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

run on sentience posted:

This, but with 2FA verification numbers

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Icochet posted:

Just have a dogshit identity

It's worked well for me so far

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just let everyone have your identity for free. Maybe you could make commercials about how nobody can steal your identity.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Just make it illegal to use computers for anything important

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Bad Purchase posted:

if your password is all asterisks it can never be revealed

pissword

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

run on sentience posted:

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Sometimes I need my password somewhere else so I just change the input type from 'password' to 'text' in the browser dev console to remember what it was.

Also the concept of the individual has failed, we need to embrace modernity and allow anyone to use any account.

Nice Van My Man fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 8, 2023

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

erosion posted:

Every .2 seconds worldwide, someone's identity is stolen. Financial and personal information is only a click away for an enterprising hacker. Thankfully, security pros have a solution: Programming all apps to immediately hide whatever you have just entered on your tiny, error prone touchscreen with an asterisk or dot or some other bullshit. Experts believe this clever practice may prevent a theoretically existing amount of identity theft every year.

One flaw in this system is the password-revealing 'eyeball' button. An attacker who has physically subdued a legitimate user could reveal the user's password, assume their identity, and immediately fly to Sri Lanka and spend all of that person's remaining funds on Dogecoin. Technicians are investigating solutions to this issue, and are currently advising users of apps with this feature to only enter their passwords in a secure location after checking any possible hiding spots an intruder may be using.

Security and safety is always a top priority. Industry leaders are currently looking into even more ways to protect users, like requiring a minimum of 7 emojis in any password, passwords in iambic pentameter, or disposable blood sampling lancets.

What do YOU think? Share your thoughts below.

did this happen to you, be honest, i won't make fun of you

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Leaving my identity unlocked in a public carpark in the hopes someone will steal it forever.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My amazing anti-theft car just uses rusty, peeling chome.

Go ahead, open the door.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What's yer password, OP. Let me test to see if this works.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
That's why when I make an online account I always leave the password box blank

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

yOU h4Ve t0 tyPE thiS WAY TO haVe A secuRE PA55werd, 0p

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

But you are or aren’t supposed to use the numbers in place of the letters because the hackers know the trick too and can hack it that way so just use password12312 anyway

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
everyone knows not to use hunter123 as your password, therefore it's the most secure

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Devils Affricate posted:

Just make it illegal to use computers for anything important

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i gave my identity to someone who needed it more then me im sure he'll be an astronaut or something. now if you'll excuse me. me and my silver medal and broken brain need to get inside this cremation device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZDLTM8LpP4&t=395s

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Case closed.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e5tAlelJXc

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I like when apple suggests a bullshit password so that you can't use it on anything that's not ur phone.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

bossy lady posted:

Simply cum into this pony jar to authenticate yourself. Our blockchain / AI powered solution analyzes your cum to determine if its really you.

what happens if someone steals your cum, you can't change your cum.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

This is the easiest password to memorize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

digitalist posted:

what happens if someone steals your cum, you can't change your cum.

The cum is analyzed for freshness. If the cum is outside of the freshness window you will not be authenticated and the cum will be confiscated.