Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
I like the one where Duke dies in the movie from a car falling on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
9/11

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Chief McHeath posted:

if that gently caress Destro would stop getting in the way

Don't talk poo poo about Destro yo

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Cobra would have done a lot better if they'd ever decided they needed to kill off a bunch of characters to make room for new ones (and thus, new toys to sell)

See Transformers: The Movie where they kill the poo poo out of absolutely everybody, including offing Optimus Prime in like the first 20 minutes and having Megatron straight up end an autobot execution style while the autobot is literally wrapping his arms around Megatron's legs begging for his life.

1980s transformers is a masterwork and you will not convince me otherwise

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I remember one of the biggest fan complaints of the comic was that no one ever died; either side. It was, "No way that many weapons get fired over years and not a single person has died?" It wasn't blood lust per se, but just "Really?"

GI Joe comics eventually devolved into a toy catalogue, pimping new characters and vehicles to buy.

They eventually added "Battleforce 2000" or something, an addition of some new Joes to the team that had all their own cool vehicles. About 6 characters if I recall. Their dumbass vehicles could all combine for no obvious reason, essentially rendering them immobile in the battlefield.

The toys for them did not sell well, and readers of the comics complained it was just stupid.

So they did it, they finally offed some Joes. All of Battleforce was wiped out in a single issue. It was funny/stupid as heck.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

The Stroker Ace posted:

Hell yeah, and he decided to stay behind with some other Joes to help rebuild that world.

As an adult I found out they left all those Joes in that reality because they canceled their toys to make room for new ones, which is far more clever than just murdering everyone like the Transformers movie.

You know, I'm thinking the Joes had no problem leaving this guy behind because they could see the writing on the wall with him.

He was already thinking about leaving the Joes because he was so sick of the never ending battle. Probably had they never gone over to that alternate world he would have eventually sold them all out to Cobra the moment Baronessempai noticed him.

What I'm saying is that he probably caused the downfall of the Joes in that parallel world.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the coolest action figure is this fucker

a motorcycle helicopter, i cant think of any form of transportation more dangerous

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

There was Zack Parson’s World War C about this scenario https://www.somethingawful.com/feature-articles/world-war-an/1/

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Foo Diddley posted:

oh come on, there was scarlett and the baroness and uh

um

How could you possibly forget Lady J and Covergirl and Jinx and Zarana

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GI Joe Retaliation has the US Army annihilating GI Joe and killing almost everyone at their base because Zartan is impersonating the president of the United States, that's a pretty big win.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

titties posted:

How could you possibly forget Lady J and Covergirl and Jinx and Zarana

look i did a lot of sugary breakfast cereals in the '80s okay

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Cobra should have run Serpentor as a presidential candidate with a NAGA organization backing him.

Big campaign promise is to literally crucify his political enemies if elected, due to ancient Roman emperor genetics in his DNA.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What does NAGA stand for?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
None of us or our friends had figures of female GI Joe characters growing up. We were forced to import sisters' Barbie dolls into the imaginative play which would result in stories of either shrink rays, growth rays to explain scale difference. Also, Barbie Baroness was always in disguise as a tennis player or fashion model for the plot.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

What does NAGA stand for?

No Assisting "GI Joe" Again. It's about small government and cutting funding to wasteful diversity programs like the Joes.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Internetjack posted:

I remember one of the biggest fan complaints of the comic was that no one ever died; either side. It was, "No way that many weapons get fired over years and not a single person has died?" It wasn't blood lust per se, but just "Really?"

GI Joe comics eventually devolved into a toy catalogue, pimping new characters and vehicles to buy.

They eventually added "Battleforce 2000" or something, an addition of some new Joes to the team that had all their own cool vehicles. About 6 characters if I recall. Their dumbass vehicles could all combine for no obvious reason, essentially rendering them immobile in the battlefield.

The toys for them did not sell well, and readers of the comics complained it was just stupid.

So they did it, they finally offed some Joes. All of Battleforce was wiped out in a single issue. It was funny/stupid as heck.

This phenomenon is well-documented on the Transformers Wiki

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

numberoneposter posted:

the coolest action figure is this fucker

a motorcycle helicopter, i cant think of any form of transportation more dangerous

That's from M.A.S.K. you idiot...you absolute nincompoop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Asterite34 posted:

This phenomenon is well-documented on the Transformers Wiki

No wiki understands its topic like the TFwiki.