Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Title says it all: What was the one Cobra plot that you think almost beat the Joes and managed to take over the world?

Do you feel that if Cobra tried a second time with the same plan but a different execution they could have succeeded.

I mean, that episode where they melted all the money should have done it.

Come to think of it, was a single win all Cobra really needed to more or less declare total victory? Once you get just one world domination plan operating successfully, it seems like you just sit back and put your feet up.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Probably the movie. Though that was technically Burgess Meredith's weird snake cult's doing more than just Cobra.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
There was also the Operation: Dragonfire which was a five-parter where Cobra dominates for 4 1/2 episodes before G.I.Joe pulls some mystical bullshit out to win.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Cobra Commander was basically Donald Trump in that he could have won easily except he’s so goddamned stupid and narcissistic that he’s his own worst enemy.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
When Cobra Commander had Duke on his knees in front of him, with a gun at the back of his head and said "Alright Joe! Let's see if you guess as well as you foil my plans! I'm thinking of a number between zero and one million, if you guess correctly I'll let you and all the rest of the G.I. Joe's go.. But if you guess wrong then I'll personally execute you and every one of you f****** scum." and then Duke guessed 4000 and that was right so he had to let them all go.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

buddy cobras war with gi joe was already won when the funding for gi joe vastly outscaled with time the funding for social services for the countries funding gi joe

gi joe is playing checkers while cobra is playing 3d loving chess

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

if that gently caress Destro would stop getting in the way

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Convincing Joe that Cobra didn't exist

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Didn't the comics have a storyline where Destro or whoever set off some nukes in the ocean to create a new landmass, and then had his goons rush over and claim the new island as a property of Cobra? And the Joes were all ready to go over and kick their asses until they were told that Cobra Commander had managed to, in the course of like a day, have his army of lawyers get the place recognized as a sovereign nation by the UN and legally GI Joe couldn't operate in their territory. So all they could do is stand there with their dicks in their hands while Cobra Commander laughed it up and set up his evil fortress like fifty miles off the US coast.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Probably that one lovely episode of Community.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I think technically that multi-part art where Cobra "makes" Serptentor could be classified as a Cobra win? I mean...it worked! The Joes didn't stop the birth/cloning/creation of Serpentor.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
there was a story in which the joes get a triple agent ?? into Cobra hq or something and i recall being convinced that the agent really was working for cobra and that the commander's plan would finally work for once and i was excited because cobra's toys were cooler. but of course the joe was working for the Good Guys all along and i got faked because im stupid

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Asterite34 posted:

Didn't the comics have a storyline where Destro or whoever set off some nukes in the ocean to create a new landmass, and then had his goons rush over and claim the new island as a property of Cobra? And the Joes were all ready to go over and kick their asses until they were told that Cobra Commander had managed to, in the course of like a day, have his army of lawyers get the place recognized as a sovereign nation by the UN and legally GI Joe couldn't operate in their territory. So all they could do is stand there with their dicks in their hands while Cobra Commander laughed it up and set up his evil fortress like fifty miles off the US coast.

This owns, and is the correct answer.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Asterite34 posted:

the origin story of america

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Asterite34 posted:

Oh, so that's where Man of Steel for their story idea.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Jan 6, 2021

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Thinking to start a CYOA culminating in Cobra beating off GI Joe

Vibe check?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Asterite34 posted:

I was going to post this. Cobra had their own sovereign country-island, and Joes couldn't do poo poo.

worthlessacct51023
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin
just keep rackin up the hours and free swag #:tipshat:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
When they stole the pork chop sandwiches.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Asterite34 posted:

Cobra Commander is as American as apple pie.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Remember the alternate reality two part episode where a bunch of Joes went to a reality where Cobra won and one of the Joes found his own corpse and dog tags in a cave and freaked out? That was heavy stuff when I was like 5 years old.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

GI Joe was a real sausage fest.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Cobra would have done a lot better if they'd ever decided they needed to kill off a bunch of characters to make room for new ones (and thus, new toys to sell)

See Transformers: The Movie where they kill the poo poo out of absolutely everybody, including offing Optimus Prime in like the first 20 minutes and having Megatron straight up end an autobot execution style while the autobot is literally wrapping his arms around Megatron's legs begging for his life.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

If you wanna see girls in the army go watch MTV Movie & TV awards "Best Fight"-nominated film G.I. Jane

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

numberoneposter posted:

oh come on, there was scarlett and the baroness and uh

um

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

who could shoot at more bad guys and never ever kill them, the A-Team or GI Joe?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Stroker Ace posted:

Remember the alternate reality two part episode where a bunch of Joes went to a reality where Cobra won and one of the Joes found his own corpse and dog tags in a cave and freaked out? That was heavy stuff when I was like 5 years old.

Didn't one of the guys who found his own corpse also make out with the Baroness that episode?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sentinel Red posted:

Cobra Commander is as American as apple pie.

isnt he a used car salesman

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

who could shoot at more bad guys and never ever kill them, the A-Team or GI Joe?

What? The A Team doesn't miss. They have exclusive bullets that they shoot behind enemies that launch them into the air while flipping forwards.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Didn't one of the guys who found his own corpse also make out with the Baroness that episode?

I think so: his alternate reality self was in love with the baroness.

I think he's the same one who got poisoned by the dobsonfly looking insect, too.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Hell yeah, and he decided to stay behind with some other Joes to help rebuild that world.

As an adult I found out they left all those Joes in that reality because they canceled their toys to make room for new ones, which is far more clever than just murdering everyone like the Transformers movie.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The Stroker Ace posted:

Hell yeah, and he decided to stay behind with some other Joes to help rebuild that world.

As an adult I found out they left all those Joes in that reality because they canceled their toys to make room for new ones, which is far more clever than just murdering everyone like the Transformers movie.

I don't think the two or three Joes that get left behind even had speaking roles before that 2-parter. Pretty convenient the nobodies get to stay behind!

But yes, that one ALSO freaked little Bouvenstein the gently caress-out.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

isnt he a used car salesman

I think so, yeah. Just some used car salesman who snapped and wanted to stick it to The Man via, as someone put it "Amway elevated to the level of fascist cult"

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Episode 21, op

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Asterite34 posted:

I think so, yeah. Just some used car salesman who snapped and wanted to stick it to The Man via, as someone put it "Amway elevated to the level of fascist cult"

so, Amway

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Does anyone have the Dale Gribble "i didn't serve in your government" meme handy?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Who loving cares. It is military propaganda and you fell for it.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I don't think I really paid much attention to the stories because I was like 7 and just wanted to see the cartoon men shoot at each other. I don't remember any particular storyline in any event.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Pew pew pew pew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

OP this is a cruel and unnecessary thread. It might be funny to you, but Rock n Roll actually has legitimate PTSD from that time he slaughtered all those Iraqi children and made blood chalices from their blackened skulls