Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I guess when I hit 42 I can have like a Hitchhiker's Guide birthday. And 69 will be funny. 50 is a good significant year.

That's it. What else is there?

I've spent more than half my life on these forums.

e: hell yeah :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

When I turn 140 and am finally jerky I will commit the ritual of getting eaten

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

i'm starting the mellification process as we speak

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Jerkified man...:yum:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Turning 40 sucks balls. This has been hands down the worst year of my life and I wouldn't have done it if I'd known what it would be like. Turn back op.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
It's five months and six days until :(

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

credburn posted:

This is effectively the last good year. I think much of us are around the same age. Who's crossed over to the other side recently? What's it like being a useless old drain on society with wrong opinions? Who else is approaching the transition? How should one prepare for it? I've got a few hundred days to prepare and regret.

e: I already have a cane because of a sciatica flareup so I've got a head start

I'm two years past and it's horrible. You can't prepare for it. Just deny it and never celebrate your 40th birthday.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

I'm two years past and it's horrible. You can't prepare for it. Just deny it and never celebrate your 40th birthday.

10 days away from 41, and agreed.

It's all downhill and you'll find the deepest darkest throes of depression and self-hate. that new convertible, boat, or side piece will not make you feel young, again.

find a good psych and get some drugs to make you pretend to be happy again

credburn posted:

It's five months and six days until :(

You're just a goddamned baby! You non-40 year old.

(i didn't read the thread title until just now, but idgaf. one of the few perks of being over 40)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
loud wet *FFFAAARRRRTTTT*

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i take it from this thread turning 40 is more of a personal woe is me gently caress my life event than a gen-x lamentation at the state of the world thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

dee eight posted:

loud wet *FFFAAARRRRTTTT*

Yeah that's another thing I wasn't prepared for

dreezy posted:

i take it from this thread turning 40 is more of a personal woe is me gently caress my life event than a gen-x lamentation at the state of the world thing