Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
This is effectively the last good year. I think much of us are around the same age. Who's crossed over to the other side recently? What's it like being a useless old drain on society with wrong opinions? Who else is approaching the transition? How should one prepare for it? I've got a few hundred days to prepare and regret.

e: I already have a cane because of a sciatica flareup so I've got a head start

credburn fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Today is my 39th birthday OP. But next year is a leap year, so I get an entire 366 before the 40th.

Got to cash in those leap years.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

When you turn 40 you get really into swagger

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I turned 43 a few days ago, and my 40s so far have been better than my 30s, assuming your body isn't falling apart already i guess.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I turned 60 last year. Some days I think you are correct. Other days I'd tell you to bite my rear end...

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Not 40 yet. Hoping my body holds up after all these years of Totino's party pizzas and mountain dew. Feeling confident.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
a 63 year old dude in my gym just came back from free climbing the salathe wall up el capitan in yosemite this past weekend for the first time. if you're afraid of 40 you're a little bitch

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Squee posted:

I turned 43 a few days ago, and my 40s so far have been better than my 30s, assuming your body isn't falling apart already i guess.

I’m a bit ahead but man I have never felt more at peace as I have as a middle aged nobody. It rules.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I just turned 44 on the 7th and I'm still digging life so while I think your anxiety is understandable OP I also think you will break the barrier and be just fine :glomp:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

ow my back!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

credburn posted:

What's it like being a useless old drain on society with wrong opinions?

Take it from me, it's not difficult transitioning from being a useless under 40 drain on society with wrong opinions into being a useless 40+ drain on society with wrong opinions.

If any younger person gives you poo poo, just call them a stupid fetus.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Do you notice yourself becoming more responsive to marketing for Porsche, or Corvette?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lmao it’s not that bad op. Stop giving a poo poo about the number and just have some fun.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

BALD AND OLD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I'm 41 and I feel p good actually

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

40 is when you can just start blasting loud farts in public cause who gives a gently caress; you either already have a partner or you were going to die alone anyways. It’s p great!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:lol: I turned 40 in October 2019. I was supposed to fly to Tokyo but there was a typhoon, so in my idiot-brain needing to do something on my 40th, I ended up rescheduling a European trip last minute.

Trip fukken sucked, but I was like 'whatever, I'll get back at them in 2020!'

Flown exactly once since then. My life has been a failure cascade since then of the utmost magnitude.

Good luck OP

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Just the other day I was just about to tell somebody that I'm in my early 40s before I realized I'm 46. So it goes by fast at least.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

credburn posted:

This is effectively the last year worth living. I think much of us are around the same age. Who's crossed over to the other side recently? What's it like being a useless old drain on society with wrong opinions? Who else is approaching the transition? How should one prepare for it? I've got a few hundred days to prepare and regret.

e: I already have a cane because of a sciatica flareup so I've got a head start

time to climb up a building and release a dove into the night.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm still in my early 20s

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

if you're afraid of 40 you're a little bitch

This is the motivational poster I need to hang up.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Also, if it really is 362 days from now and you wanted to reach maximum power level, you probably should have started your powerup sequence at least three days ago.

No time like the present to catch up!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm 58. I got married when I was 47 and had a kid at 51. The last couple of weeks I've been doing demo and then rebuilding my bathroom, taking out a shower I built twelve years ago and putting in a bathtub (leaky faucet caused some rot). I'm had some help putting in the tub but I'm doing the tile work myself. Forty wasn't even middle age.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

526 days for this guy right here

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I remember when I was a teen thinking that the 20's seemed old. Then in my 20's that 30's seemed old. Then in 30's that 40's seemed old. Currently at 51; and amazingly I still don't feel old. Healthy eating, having hobbies, getting outside for a walk/hike/bike ride, etc. Maintaining your health keeps you feeling young. Heck, I practice martial arts once a week with my teacher, and he is just over 70 and can kick my rear end.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I am 35 11/12 years old, and I vow never to be one of those dipshits who talks about it being their "seventh 29th birthday" or whatever

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

If you're afraid of 40 you're a little bitch

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

18 till i die! :2bong:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

When you turn 40, your brain becomes mush and you get a hankering to buy a brand new Harley-Davidson motorcycle, a brand new Harley-Davidson leather riding jacket, a brand new pair of Harley-Davidson leather pants, a brand new pair of Harley-Davidson leather riding gloves, a brand new pair of Harley-Davidson mirrored sunglasses, and a brand new Harley-Davidson leather skull cap. Whereupon you will only wear and ride it all to the Sturgis rally to make an appearance and then head home.

Just kidding, You can buy whatever the hell you please in your 40s, although your brain may or may not still turn into mush. I’m leaving that up to you, OP. My 43 year old brain is doing just fine (I think).

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

numberoneposter posted:

18 till i die! :2bong:

Farting till I die

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
362 days left to gently caress :smugbert:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

At 42 I just listen to “Against the Wind” or “A Pirate Looks at 40” and stare wistfully at the ocean.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Here's to a long and healthy life OP.
t. turning 33 next month

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I was a perfect specimen of health until the day I turned 40 and since then it has been a never-ending series of bodily failures and disappointments.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

istewart posted:

Do you notice yourself becoming more responsive to marketing for Porsche, or Corvette?

That's not true, I turned 40 recently and...

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Just the other day I was just about to tell somebody that I'm in my early 40s before I realized I'm 46. So it goes by fast at least.

AV/post combo.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Smugworth posted:

I'm still in my early 20s

Late twenties :toot:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I tell everyone I'm 43 because I wish I was older.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm so old that ten babies died before I became old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I was born 69 and i will die 69 dammit