Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
p.s. congrats to Portland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Portland swap the 3rd with the raptors 13th and they will throw in Siakam.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

surf rock posted:

Wemby is the new Zion and will spend his whole career on the shelf due to injuries

Scoot couldn't even dominate G League

Miller couldn't compete against good competition and was maybe an accessory to murder

don't mind me just trying to rationalize away my crushing despair

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Don't worry, I'm right there with you :smith:

Yayyyyy for tanking.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The Pistons should draft Grady Dick! Why not! It's only the fifth pick afterall!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

tristeham posted:

yes. congrats!

cool!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress off lottery

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
How do the spurs keep managing to find these incredibly talented foreign players. Guess it's just spurs culture.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Pacers will pick Wemby when he falls to 7th. Not worried.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FakePoet posted:

I know we joke about this every year (or "joke", if you prefer), but have they ever said why they do it this way?

I know sometimes they have to re-roll, and maybe that would be too confusing for some?

It's so they can rig the results.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

In Training posted:

It's so they can rig the results.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1658632487747174407

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
between this years NBA and NHL lotteries the Packers will absolutely wind up with Arch Manning

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Criminal Minded posted:

between this years NBA and NHL lotteries the Packers will absolutely wind up with Arch Manning

In three years?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7nPOzGeyaw

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Henchman of Santa posted:

In three years?

Yes?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm really loving sad but I shouldn't be. I'm the number one proponent of the theory NBA awards teams with lottery spots based on getting stuff from communities. the spurs got various allowances for their 500m training complex/retail area then Victor. pistons got cade after little caesars

here are upside plays for detroit

1.Cam Whitmore is there at 5 and hits his ceiling as an amazing athlete who gets his own stuff at will, rather than his maybe most probable outcome as a high energy hustle forward.

2.amen thompson falls to them and the jaden ivey + thompson combo are turbo speed uncoverable transition like memphis without the other stuff

3.Brandon Miller falls because he does some other gunplay, but that's the last gunplay for him.

4.Nick Smith and Leonard Miller after trading down and somehow getting 2 picks, both cash in on their potential and end up a star 6th man and crazy versatile 4 respectively.

5.Taylor Hendricks ends up like some other tall late bloomer ie Pasacal Siakim.
Trade down and take Bobi Hamilton who becomes the next Paul George or some other secretly 6'11 small forward

6,7,8,9.other stuff, you guys help me out

10. (actually a sad one) ant black is like 85% cade so they always have someone for his regular diet-related bone health issues. And knowing detroit's luck he would also not cut or braid his hair so that his shot would stay broken, like Cade. But this is upside posting! so let's say Detroit hires a hair theory consultant (me) and both fix their shots and we win the championship!

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 17, 2023

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spurs had the worst attendance in the whole league. So they get the #1 pick.

Bulls had the best attendance in the whole league. So they get the #∅ pick.

It just makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jvGK8Z29f4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

Imagine Jordan, but 7 5

Seven five is just too tall. He's definitely going to have health problems that cut short his career tremendously.