Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Draft lottery takes place at 8pm eastern time on Tuesday the 16th

An either not rigged or rigged drawing of ping pong balls out of a machine like at a bingo parlor

So feel free to post in here if you're happy or sad, or if you're very angry, and don't remember to post the rationale for your theories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron james

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Go Spurs Go

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Wemby to Chicago is a Lock.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I hope the Mavs win somehow but failing that I hope they fall and lose their pick

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I hope the Mavs lose their pick

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
One last night to cheer for the Raptors this season.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Ghost Dog posted:

lebron james

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Charlotte doesn’t deserve it but cmon please

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Pacers #1 Spurs #2 lets go

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Let's go Blazers

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Go Pistons get the #1 you deserve it. you're not an "assy franchise" like some jerk said in the other thread. you're just kind of bad

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005
The Pacers have never had the #1 pick, have not had a top 5 in 35 years, and have steadfastly refused to tank that entire time, instead choosing to produce decades of great to middling teams with exclusively #11-13 level talent. For this Adam Silver will bestow upon them the Wemby crown.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Harden going teach Wemby everything he needs to know about Houston.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Calidus posted:

Harden going teach Wemby everything he needs to know about Houston.

"Wow Wemby great job putting all that weight on we will NOT trade you now"

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

Go Spurs Go

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

1. Houston
2. Portland
3. Charlotte
4. Chicago

I don't know why but this is the order that is speaking to me

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
My heart says Indiana.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Praying for the first pick to end up in New Orleans because it would gently caress Dallas and Zion + Wemby would be the ultimate “wait how do you do that” pairing

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There is simply no precedent for a Chicago team not landing the top pick in a 2023 major American sports draft

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

All I want is a single Wemby is that too much to ask?

Paul Zuvella posted:

1. Houston
2. Portland
3. Charlotte
4. Chicago

I don't know why but this is the order that is speaking to me

I approve of this product and/or service

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DC Murderverse posted:

Praying for the first pick to end up in New Orleans because it would gently caress Dallas and Zion + Wemby would be the ultimate “wait how do you do that” pairing

It'd work great, it'd be the ultimate "This team could win 20-70 games depending on health" lineup

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

DC Murderverse posted:

Find appropriately sized seating on the sidelines?

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Man imagine what Anfernee Simons and a top 4 pick could land you, and if you throw in Nurk, my god the dynasty awaits

[spoiler]I am legit interested to see what happens if they make Shaedon Sharpe available in a similar package however

Edit this isn't even a real criticism of Simons btw, only that the team is so far away from any semblance of contention and flipping Simons does not remotely get you close to there

rivetz fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 17, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the draft should happen the next day after the lottery. you gotta stay on your toes

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm going to be distraught if the Pistons don't get Wembanyama, but I'll step in front of a loving train if we don't at least get a top-three pick after that loving season

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

morestuff posted:

Charlotte doesn’t deserve it but cmon please

gently caress it, I think we deserve it. Give me two No. 1 picks in the city this offseason plz

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I didn't realize the lottery wasn't live. That's fishy.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

three posted:

I didn't realize the lottery wasn't live. That's fishy.

It’s always been drawn behind closed doors and it’s always been fishy

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

surf rock posted:

I'm going to be distraught if the Pistons don't get Wembanyama, but I'll step in front of a loving train if we don't at least get a top-three pick after that loving season

Jarace Walker beckons

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I just want to be clear that anything less than the number 1 overall pick for the Dallas Mavericks will be a clear indication of fraud.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
For some reason I am like 100% sure the Spurs are getting this

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Mavs tanked two games. For their crimes, they will not be allowed to keep their pick.

Ignore all these other teams tanked significantly more games.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I want either the Pelicans or OKC to win, I think San Antonio would be a fine home for him. Maybe Houston can get it together. For his safety no Portland.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
For some lucky team, mañana has finally come.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Is it me or did one of them look like he was wearing a straitjacket?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pacers gonna win it. I can feel it

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Really don’t like the overblown ESPN presentation for the draft lottery, wish that could be rolled back

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's watch the mavs get hosed by another draft lottery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The state of Indiana doesnt deserve nice things...but it would be pretty cool?