Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
tuna in oil or water?
i prefer oil
i am weird and prefer water
goku
im a freak and prefer canned salmon
View Results

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m not really a tuna & mayo guy so oil is the preferred fluid op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

gently caress tuna try BEEF

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Canned beef in water

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Chief McHeath posted:

gently caress tuna try BEEF

beef in oil or beef in water tho?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Phyein posted:

Water, extra oil is excessive, theres the good oil in the fish already. Too much fat makes your poo poo smeary. And you're probably gonna mix it with mayo or some more oily poo poo anyway.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Water is the correct, and only choice.

:agreed: I grew up in a water household and when I tried oil for the first time, it had an oddly heavy texture that made it taste weird & gross.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Official sardine thread weirdo spokesperson here.

Tuna? more like TuNO* ahahahahahahahahhahahah

No but seriously the answer is tuna in water, sardines in oil but NOT soybean oil. also, EAT THE drat BONES

*there is actually a vegetarian or vegan tuna alternative called Tuno and it was gross when i tried it years ago.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 30, 2023

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
The oil is less dense than water so when you get the same weight can you’re getting more tuna, that’s just science*.

* there’s probably however many oz of tuna in the can and the additive is not part of the sale weight I have no idea how that works.

FacePox
Jun 16, 2021

Sardines are better in oil, but tuna is better in water. This is pretty undeniable...

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

to the dozen+ reporters itt: sardines is officially ON TOPIC :thanks:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
You forgot tuna in brine in the poll.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Yup. Plenty of space in GBS for two tinned/bagged fish megathreads.

:sweep:

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Tuna in oil? Tuna in water?

Let's just focus on what makes these two delicious.

So mix oil with water leave out the tuna.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I heard there was a guy in the sardine thread who drinks the juice from the can instead of just draining it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Smugworth posted:

I heard there was a guy in the sardine thread who drinks the juice from the can instead of just draining it

i wouldnt just drink it but i use it in cooking sometimes. like the oil that anchovies come in is good for making caesar salad dressing or in pasta

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Earwicker posted:

i wouldnt just drink it but i use it in cooking sometimes. like the oil that anchovies come in is good for making caesar salad dressing or in pasta

Someone told me you drink the water straight from the can and sometimes forget to eat the tuna

May 30, 2023
as america is just days away from bankruptcy the question on everybody's mind is: tuna in oil or tuna in water?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Why would they be mixing their poo poo with mayo? :stonk:

It's one of the two prime ingredients of tuna salad. Mix it up with a bit of mayo, finely diced onions, celery and season with pepper. Makes for a tasty sandwich when put on bread.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Mods are in the pocket of big sardine.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Actually sardine awareness has been stifled by big Tuna

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Mods are in the pocket of big sardine.

That's funny, I have sardines in my pocket right now

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tarkus posted:

It's one of the two prime ingredients of tuna salad. Mix it up with a bit of mayo, finely diced onions, celery and season with pepper. Makes for a tasty sandwich when put on bread.

So, something along these lines?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

CaptainSarcastic posted:

So, something along these lines?

Sure! If you like rear end Sandwiches then enjoy! I'll stick with my tuna salad sandwich though.

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

Tuna and sardines in water.

The sardines are for my cat. As is the water from the tuna.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I drink some of the tuna water and then mix a bit of the tuna water into some dry food for my cats. They love it but it's pretty salty so I try no to give them much. Also, I don't give them too much tuna since it has so much mercury.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

cake bunny posted:

Tuna and sardines in water.

The sardines are for my cat. As is the water from the tuna.

Imagine giving the superior tinned fish to your cat. That's a :lol:

I mean mine get a few tiny pieces but will I never give them dines over tuna and they prefer tuna anyway. Dumb cats.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I think they prefer water OP but I'm not a fish so I can't say for sure

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

isaboo posted:

Imagine giving the superior tinned fish to your cat. That's a :lol:

I mean mine get a few tiny pieces but will I never give them dines over tuna and they prefer tuna anyway. Dumb cats.

I love my cat and he loves sardines. I don't like humans much, and you sardine people insisting on oil or tomato or mustard in tinned sardines making it harder to find them in water is one of the reasons.

He also loves tuna, but the mercury thing keeps me from giving more than the tiniest bits to him, so I just give him some of the tuna water instead.

Oil people are cat-hating degenerates.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Tuna in bud light

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Canned fish is getting so expensive, I usually just go for the vacuum sealed smoked salmon. Tastes way better and works out to cheaper than like, sardines. I guess it's still more than basic tuna but it's also way more delicious.

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

water, i prefer to add the oil myself

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Tuna in bud light

Woke tuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I buy both.

Water is more flexible, it pairs better with crackers, rice, or other types of dressing like sesame oil, garlic sauce, salad dressings.

Oil is for dry meals like a chunk of bread for sopping or a bed of raw veggies. I already have my own quality EVOO, I don't need some canning factory's budget tier oil.

Both kinds I heavily drain tbh, I like being in control