Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
tuna in oil or water?
i prefer oil
i am weird and prefer water
goku
im a freak and prefer canned salmon
View Results

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

sometimes you feel like you aren't getting your daily recommended amount of mercury, so you turn to canned tuna...

but which one is best? its the great debate of our time, tuna in oil or tuna in water? u may have noticed that tinned fish is now a social media viral thing so it's time so finally solve this

personally i prefer canned tuna in olive oil. tuna in water is rude and makes a mockery of the tuna, like, we pulled u out of the water to put u back in water? hosed up.

what do u think? oil or water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
This is an intriguing question for the ages and I look forward to the opinions of our diverse population.

Being uneducated in this matter, I remain on the fence, but have traditionally done water because the texture is more agreeable.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I used to prefer tuna in oil, but switched to water, partly so I could feed it to cats. It just felt wrong to give cats tuna in oil, and I think they didn't like it, anyway.

At this point I almost never eat tuna, anyway. Sardines are the superior canned fishies.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

It's easy with tuna oil since it always comes in capsules and fills your daily beta carotine intake. Tuna water on the other fin... if you're left devoid tuna water, then something went wrong along the way.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Water for sure

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I have moved past this meager decisions, and now only concern myself with which substance my 'Dines are canned* :smugbert:

*Oil, naturally.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Yellowfin or albacore in oil only, fish only belong in water when they're alive. Horrible, mushy BS.

Unless it's those flavor packet tunas. One of those and a bag of microwave long grain rice is my lunch a lot of days. I'm going to transform into a thermometer, God I love tuna.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Water, extra oil is excessive, theres the good oil in the fish already. Too much fat makes your poo poo smeary. And you're probably gonna mix it with mayo or some more oily poo poo anyway.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Phyein posted:

Water, extra oil is excessive, theres the good oil in the fish already. Too much fat makes your poo poo smeary. And you're probably gonna mix it with mayo or some more oily poo poo anyway.

Why would they be mixing their poo poo with mayo? :stonk:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Good canned tuna (such as belly) in good oil. All you need to do is ad some capers, onions, pepper and her good to go.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Is it still ok to put mayo on the bread too?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
"tuna in oil vs. tuna in water" - greatest thread in he history of forums, locked by a moderator after 23,239 pages of heated debate

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Oil flavors canned tuna. Water does not.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Where's the option for tuna in brine? That's my go-to above the other two.

But it sounds like OP would say that's disrespectful to the fish.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

water op. generally only go to tuna when i'm tryna get a grip of protein. oil just gets in the way

now sardines, those gotta be in oil. no question

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
tuna in net with dolphin

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i do not like canned tuna, op. i only eat tuna in the form of sashimi or steaks.

i do eat canned sardines and i like them in oil or tomato sauce.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The correct answer is salmon. Or sardines.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
tuna straight out of the sea

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Tuna swims in water not oil. Dummmmbassezzzz

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like my canned tuna in water. But I like my tuna to drown in an oil slick OP.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lol at the sardine morons poking their heads in this thread. WE GET IT YOU KNOW SARDINES EXIST. Anyway the answer is sardines in water suck so I'm going to go with oil. Also they kind of have to be either Riga or King Oscar everything else is whatever. The correct answer is oysters or mussels.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the sea is 98% olive oil anyway

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

Lol at the sardine morons poking their heads in this thread. WE GET IT YOU KNOW SARDINES EXIST. Anyway the answer is sardines in water suck so I'm going to go with oil. Also they kind of have to be either Riga or King Oscar everything else is whatever. The correct answer is oysters or mussels.

No, the correct answer is still sardines.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

sardines in mustard :mmmhmm:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Should be in the garbage because tuna sucks!!!!!

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
tuna in oil lends itself better to tuna salad and is fine as a snack by itself

tuna in water has a weird rear end texture

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

cat food in oil or cat food in water? i will eat actual tuna, thanks

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
How is this a debate?
Tuna belongs in oil, period.
Let the unbelievers drown in the disgusting water they so much prefer for whatever heretical reason, when the time has come for holy war i will stand ready, and oiled.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Water is the correct, and only choice.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
can we all agree that tuna in mayo is for subhuman filth

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Tuna packet in water plus miracle whip + hard boiled eggs plus horseradish plus mustard plus pickle relish.

On bread.

You need the zip o the whip

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Yellowfin in oil for eating with hot sauce, albacore in water for eating with mayo, preferably on toast. Brown tuna in the dumpster.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

No, the correct answer is still sardines.

Is any thread safe from invasion by the ‘dines crew? Yesterday I was reading a great discussion about what gaming headset to pick when you people turn up, recommending we should shove sardines in our ears.

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Oil, of course. In a big doorstep of a sandwich.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Is any thread safe from invasion by the ‘dines crew? Yesterday I was reading a great discussion about what gaming headset to pick when you people turn up, recommending we should shove sardines in our ears.

seconding this recommendation

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I prefer it in water but once it's drained there isn't too much of a difference in the taste and texture.

Tuna in brine tho :whitewater:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

haddock

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
I like the Wild Planet one that comes in its own oil, but just enough that you don't have to discard any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
One time I, I did that thing with the tuna and the avocado, where you split the avocado in two and then put the tuna in the crater of the avocado half, and eat it so I ate it.

Because I had read in magazines that it makes you super healthy and is delicious.

And it was just okay. Even though I like avocado and tuna just fine.