Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Does the army want a bunch of 16 year old conscripts? Seems like they'd be a hassle to look after tbh, and I thought all the officers were going to be busy moonlighting as school teachers and dentists already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

big scary monsters posted:

Does the army want a bunch of 16 year old conscripts? Seems like they'd be a hassle to look after tbh, and I thought all the officers were going to be busy moonlighting as school teachers and dentists already.

That's like the exact sweespot of physical competence and emotional immaturity which allows you to create killbots

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
They tend to end up accidentally shooting themselves in the head twice though.
Bit of a deep cut there.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Printer chat is always fun but it is a solved issue. Buy the cheapest Brother laser b&w printer you can get hold of. Hook it up and relax

Brother laser b&w printer Is exactly what i got! :lol:

Truly the best choice.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i have a big posh xerox

my wife and i sleep in it

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Bobby Deluxe posted:

drat, and you carried it all that way for her...
I dont know how this fits into goon printer lore but it was a him and i didn't carry it anywhere i just agreed to take a look at it after we had sex.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nice.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

I found an ancient HP laser jet 4700 on FB marketplace a few years ago for a hundred quid. Best printer I ever owned- it’s reliable, fast, I get a ridiculous amount of pages from each cartridge.. Ok it’s USB or wired Ethernet only and probably dates from the early noughties but it just works.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Endjinneer posted:

They tend to end up accidentally shooting themselves in the head twice though.
Bit of a deep cut there.

I see what you did there!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I think you are just describing a ponzi scheme but if you give it a silly name you can probably get millions in VC funding.

That's basically what printers are except they disguise it by moving paper around as a sleight of hand.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

smellmycheese posted:

Printer chat is always fun but it is a solved issue. Buy the cheapest Brother laser b&w printer you can get hold of. Hook it up and relax

100%. Though I was having endless frustrations with mine not connecting to wifi, but then I remembered that Wires Exist, and since then no issues.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Last time I looked at the price of an official HP toner cart for my laser printer, it was something like £80.

So I bought a box of five no-brand compatibles on Amazon for £30. The print quality isn't as good and they don't last as long, but for £6 a pop I don't really care!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Payndz posted:

Last time I looked at the price of an official HP toner cart for my laser printer, it was something like £80.

So I bought a box of five no-brand compatibles on Amazon for £30. The print quality isn't as good and they don't last as long, but for £6 a pop I don't really care!

I've a Samsung b&w laser and have bought compatibles for under £20 which are fine.
It's the Canon inkjet that is a pain ink-wise. At least I can claim the cost of ink back as it's almost entirely used for either the flats residents' committee or for work. Have little need for colour printing for my own devices.

Lady Gaza posted:

100%. Though I was having endless frustrations with mine not connecting to wifi, but then I remembered that Wires Exist, and since then no issues.

I tried all kinds of fiddle faddle to connect my laser printer to wifi (it wasn't sold with that capability but there are various gadgets which are supposed to make it work) but never succeeded so now I am resolved to the wire and a long USB extension cable.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

big scary monsters posted:

The armed forces afaik have repeatedly stated that they do not want conscription back.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What would the armed forces know about what's good for the country? Bunch of leftist pansies.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

smellmycheese posted:

I do all my printing at work for free

E: I guess technically I get paid to print :c00l:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

work at a toilet paper factory huh

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I got a Brother colour laser a few years back and it gives me 90% less hassle than the cheapo HP Deskjet I used to struggle with, but it does still occasionally remember that it is the lowest of Satan's creatures, a printer

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
best thing i ever did was buy my ex an hp printer and then get dumped hahahaha lol whose laughing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:siren: New thread is up :siren: