Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i like my job and my coworkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Then you're the guy they all hate

Sorry

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Songbearer posted:

Then you're the guy they all hate

Sorry

nah, we're all pretty tight so far. it's quite nice.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

I’d have to fake my own death and collect the life insurance to have any quality of life.

Need some help with that?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
do I ever fantasize about quitting work and riding out as a posse? only every day of my life, pardner.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
all the time, op, but also I have a wife & kids so not really an option

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it would take me winning or inheriting an ever decreasing amount of money to do this op, yes. i think right now i'd probably take a quarter milly to try to retire forever

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
you can survive off of a 5$ taco bell meal as your sole sustenance every day

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Passive Aggreeable posted:

you can survive off of a 5$ taco bell meal as your sole sustenance every day

I require 5000 calories per day

naem
May 29, 2011

a half million in an annuity, a shack in the woods and a herd of goats

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."

pencilhands posted:

I require 5000 calories per day

its either your gains or your future as a neet

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I think typically the order is reversed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
some Pirates actually provisions against rape which means they were probably more civilized than the empires they stole from

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

My sweet spot is doing temp work in tech (pays well.) No one-job gets old, they're relieved to have you (if you're competent) and after a contract you've replenished your Self Esteem tier from Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and all is well (til in the future when not getting selected for work when you are looking for it and it weighs on your poo poo hard)

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

No op, because I have a good job with decent insurance and my wife had cancer so if I lose that insurance and her cancer comes back it’s called a “pre-existing condition” and won’t be covered op! :patriot:

:stonk:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
To answer the op, yes, but only on days that end in y

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
i am applying for disability currently and let me tell you the percentage meter they provide of how far along theyve "processed" your application is a long, multi month affair. 22% since early this year, and their guestimate is 2024.

but it's gonna be win. i got enough work credits put away to hopefully be cozy. the neet life is within sight, witness me

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

i did this once, saved up a bunch of money and decided to just travel until i ran out of money. instead of running out of money i got tired of it 4 months in and just went home and got a job 🤷‍♂️

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

They don't do this anymore under Obamacare.

At least, they're not supposed to...

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Brother Tadger posted:

Every day of my life OP. Then I put on my knee pads and get back to my shift at the dicksucking factory like everyone else

exactly this op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i do too but would retire instantly if i had 10 million $ or whatever