Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

well poo poo now what am I supposed to do when the silicone ring blows out and I need to get a replacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1668631268073050115?s=46&t=rZSKUeck7nSOXV1R21vtWw

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Serious_Cyclone posted:

well poo poo now what am I supposed to do when the silicone ring blows out and I need to get a replacement?

probably the same thing you did before, filing for bankruptcy doesn't mean they're out of business it means they're restructuring their loans and poo poo

naem
May 29, 2011

it’s nice work if you can get it

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lol

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also it’s not even instant, still takes like an hour

It's instant if you don't observe it for an hour.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i use mine to make chili, lentil soup, and bean soup

i bet there are more soups i could make, but I’ve already got so many bases covered with those

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol it’s so cool that this is legal

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Beer Gay So What posted:

I swear if you aren't making some kind of stew or simple dish instant pots just pressure cooked the flavor out of everything, but maybe that is why honkeys loved em. RIP instantpot, I'll still use that poo poo for bland beef stews.

I do notice a difference in flavor when I use my traditional stove top pressure cooker. It has more flavor and I think they don't require as much water to work.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/KresimirV2/status/1668642437026439169?t=YMW0ZuoHWdYgHeNN24A4Fw&s=19

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The world has moved on to the Ninja Foodie.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

private equity should be illegal

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

lmfao

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

someone instant pot pill me i love having more poo poo in my kitchen pantry

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

mine sets off the burn alarm on chili which is annoying. love for rice and pulled pork tho

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

cumpantry posted:

someone instant pot pill me i love having more poo poo in my kitchen pantry

it's a pressure cooker but you can have it on the counter instead of the stove

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Turning what's basically an electric pressure cooker into InstantPot was a real marketing coup

Seeing the same thing with tabletop convection ovens being turned into air fryers

That being said the private equity firm really stripped the copper wiring out of the walls on this one as in many other such cases

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
gonna pull out my instantpot this week for burrito filling... someone got a good recipe for me? Thinking pork shoulder but :thunk:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

gonna pull out my instantpot this week for burrito filling... someone got a good recipe for me? Thinking pork shoulder but :thunk:

My brother and I made carne adovada one time, sauteed up a pork loin cut into 1" sections with an onion in the pot then dumped in a jar of red chile and half a jar of water then pressure cooked it for like 45 minutes and let it natural release

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Instant Pot should have tried to make a Pizza Pizazz alternative, but it also did pies, cakes, souffles, etc.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Bad Purchase posted:

i use mine to make chili, lentil soup, and bean soup

i bet there are more soups i could make, but I’ve already got so many bases covered with those

Same but throw in pot roast and pulled pork.

It’s great at those and maybe a couple other things. I’ve used it for squash and it’s faster but tastes a lot worse than roasting. I’ve used it for lasagna and it’s barely faster than the oven but I guess tastes just as good but you have to broil it in the oven anyway so why.

But yeah I make soup or roast at least once a week so it’s been a great purchase.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

JediTalentAgent posted:

Instant Pot should have tried to make a Pizza Pizazz alternative, but it also did pies, cakes, souffles, etc.

Got my Pizza Pizzazz in 2015, still works great

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Lol

https://i.imgur.com/8cIhFxN.mp4

Sig by Literally A Person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

GolfHole posted:

private equity should be illegal

If gutting Toys R Us didn’t do it nothing will. Soulless fucks.