Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

unsticky some of the threads

the political cartoons thread and the Ukraine discussion thread are wildly popular already, and the Kellies ended more than a month ago. and the Debate Me thread is a resounding failure

it's easy to miss the feedback thread buried in a half-dozen other stickies

Done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

hell yeah, your check is in the mail

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

gurragadon posted:

Turning off avatars really helps with preventing making quick judgements about posters. I turned them off years ago when I realized that I would see someone's avatar, gang tag or whatever and immediately try to attack what they were saying in my mind before I even finished the post. Turn them off in D&D, a side note is that I never noticed how distracting avatars are before I turned them off.

Also, global events have conspired to make this feedback thread empty. I have to once again recommend just letting this one go on for a week.

I don't need to turn off avatars, I've been able read posts for what they are instead of the poster for years, but I also think that's why there's so many goons outside d&d who hate this forum. They refuse to give their posting enemies any ground to stand on and our debate club gives them some ground for the sake of good debate. It's not really something d&d can fully control, it's a goon culture issue.

As for d&d itself, the only real feedback I can give is one I've been giving for some years now: We need a different method in picking mods. The traditional method isn't working anymore, we keep getting these gently caress-ups who get themselves demodded. Part of the problem is also the admins want more admins and they've shown they're willing to speedrun d&d mods into admin positions, but bad admins wouldn't get there in the first place if we had a better way to promote mods.

Freakazoid_ fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 26, 2023

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Thank you for the feedback, everyone. If you missed the thread's window, my PMs remain open for anything you'd like me to know. May your discussion and debate be fruitful.