Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just buy a nice classic Opinel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

They look like if erectile disfunction was a knife

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
This rusty grapefruit spoon was good enough for my granpappy and it’s good enough for me

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Flavahbeast posted:

everquest cosplay

Ah I remember when Ykeshas were a big deal.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

my halfling rogue always used a kukri in neverwinter nights. get two and dual wield.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I'm thinking bout ordering a new chef+paring knife set for the kitchen. Dunno yet if I'll actually buy something. Knife Review youtube is a good way to burn an afternoon, lemme tell ya

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
One reason: You're likely to have no idea how to use it and will slice your thigh open.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

If I wanted to cut all my fingers off the first time I swing at something I'm sure I could find something cheaper to do it with.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Internetjack posted:

One reason: You're likely to have no idea how to use it and will slice your thigh open.

Don't listen to this crap, OP. If you give in to fear you'll never have any weaponry around the house for your child to play with.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
If you did, you might become cool.

If you become cool, people might invite you to parties.

If you go to parties you have to leave your kukri at home.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Internetjack posted:

Buddy I’m the inventor of the Butterfly Tornado knife technique (DO NOT STEAL), I lnow what I’m doing

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
*Loud*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AHQudSasbA

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Konar posted:

For when you need to switch to melee against a deer

Sometimes, elite deer have armor and melee works 50% more effectively.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

OP, I actually have a ka-bar becker kukri that I use when I go back country and it works really well. It's a little smaller than a standard kukri so it's pretty well-balanced easier to do detailed work with, but it can still chop branches and small trees like a hatchet. It was a good investment.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Buy it cause it's badass. Also buy a Ram-dao

naem
May 29, 2011

a dedicated knife and hatchet are superior to a khukrri imo

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
We need to bring back the budk thread for optimum knifechat

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
imagine the last thing some knave hears before feeling the cold bite of your steel is "I'm kookoo for kukris!!!!" :allears:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Get a katana, it's a superior blade folded a hundredfold and could probably slice through like 3 kukris

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
1. You want to

2. I can't remember the song

3. Do it anyway

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Get a parang.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

This is easy.

1. Increased striking power from the leverage in the 'bent' blade design
2. Puts fear into the hearts of your enemies
3. Brutal 1, off-hand

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Rapiers offer a greater damage die

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

don't limit yourself to one discipline, op

get the kukri but also a rope dart or maybe one of those meteor hammer things from the cover of liquid swords

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I steal some of the silverware every time I eat at this place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Prof. Crocodile posted:

OP, I actually have a ka-bar becker kukri that I use when I go back country and it works really well. It's a little smaller than a standard kukri so it's pretty well-balanced easier to do detailed work with, but it can still chop branches and small trees like a hatchet. It was a good investment.

I have a BK7!