Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
Lefties are cool as gently caress.
gently caress the Police.
Righthanded people did 911. (true story look it up)
Goku is lefthanded.
View Results

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i drive 100% of the time with just my left hand at 1 o'clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I rodulate with my left hand, but perform complicated logarithmic functions with my middle hand.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I used to drive with only my left hand gripped at 12 o’clock when I had my old Toyota truck. Steering wheels were different 20-30 years ago.

Now that I’ve got a 2017 Nissan, I drive with my left hand at 7 o’clock because the grips are at 7 and 5 o’clock, and also because the radio and phone/bluetooth buttons are on that side of the steering wheel. It comfortably owns.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

Now that I’ve got a 2017 Nissan

sorry about your car op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i drive 100% of the time with just my left hand at 1 o'clock

left hand almost always at 9 oclock. right hand at 3 or resting. left hand sometimes at 6 (highway cruising)

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Peggy Edson posted:

sorry about your car op

No issues with it whatsoever going on 40k miles. Maintenance for life from the dealer and I haven’t spent a single penny or ounce of my own labor on maintenance since January 2018. I know about the issues with the CVTs, but I did extensive research and asked around before buying and used my former company’s purchase of several Nissans with CVTs to see how they held up. Those things rarely got serviced but were never in the shop and ran like champs. One 2017 van had almost 200k miles on it with minimal maintenance and still ran like new.

And I’m a car guy who’s always done my own work on the vehicles I own. It was the best deal for me and I stand by it :shrug:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Comrades, only left-handed leftists will be allowed in our commune. It will be...the MOST LEFT anyone has ever lived.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

flubber nuts posted:

I rodulate with my left hand, but perform complicated logarithmic functions with my middle hand.

and how's your ski-boxing game these days, President Beeblebrox? Better than before the procedure?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I’m kind of glad being lefty as being in a right hand man’s world has effectively forced me into ambidextrousity which is mostly useless but not bad if I hurt one arm or the other.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Any sickos out there that use their left food to drive?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Chinatown posted:

Nah, it usually just sits in the fridge until I throw it away

Serious answer: Yes, because I use a clutch

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

left foot on the brake sometimes yeah. also clutch

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
10 and 2 or just 10 with the right resting

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

old man style

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nothing wrong with driving defensively op but I sometimes bring lefty over to noon or maybe even one o’clock.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Just 2 and resting superior arm on door, flaunting it

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Only lunatics use a left-handed mouse. Everything else is fair game.

Ice Stryder
Feb 8, 2005
Forget not the name of God

Dazerbeams posted:

Only lunatics use a left-handed mouse. Everything else is fair game.

I've never thought in my most deluded of fever dreams to use a left-handed mouse.

We lefties are always having to adjust and adapt to this sick right-handed world around us.

My old job refused to purchase left-handed sheers for me to trim carpet seams. I was the only one that trimmed carpet seams. My boss was my father - his jealousy of my correct handedness knew no bounds.

Ice Stryder
Feb 8, 2005
Forget not the name of God
Accidental double post

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

During my left-handedness understanding journey I have learned that the left-handed do not have retractable, hollow fangs that are used to suck blood from the right-handed in order to fuel their immortality. You all apparently aren't even immortal.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I use the mouse with my left hand but leave the buttons righty, so I kinda hold it at an angle. Seems like a more natural arm/wrist angle than holding it straight on, to be honest.

Doesn't work so great when the mouse has side buttons though.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
I play tennis better left handed except for serving, would try and use it as a jedi mind trick against opponents.

Unfortunenly they would just cheat and call balls OUT that were clearly IN so I never made the tennis team.

I was also pretty mid.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mirage posted:

I use the mouse with my left hand but leave the buttons righty, so I kinda hold it at an angle. Seems like a more natural arm/wrist angle than holding it straight on, to be honest.

Doesn't work so great when the mouse has side buttons though.

I use a mouse with my left hand but leave the buttons righty because it feels weird & wrong if I change them. :shrug:

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Smugworth posted:

During my left-handedness understanding journey I have learned that the left-handed do not have retractable, hollow fangs that are used to suck blood from the right-handed in order to fuel their immortality. You all apparently aren't even immortal.

Just because nobody wants to suck your blood and people wither in your presence doesn't mean that this isn't true.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Beer Gay So What posted:

I play tennis better left handed except for serving, would try and use it as a jedi mind trick against opponents.

Unfortunenly they would just cheat and call balls OUT that were clearly IN so I never made the tennis team.

I was also pretty mid.

Being a lefty is easy mode against right handed opponents because righties are too basic to adapt to any sort of challenge to their worldview. Unfortunately they always fall back to cheating as is their wont.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Time to admit my greatest lefty betrayal. During my time in army, when shooting the C9 (belt fed machine gun), I got sick of having burning hot spent casings hop out of the right side of the gun and onto my neck, so I switched to shooting right handed.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I actually bat left handed for some reason. Batting right handed feels weird and weak to do for some reason. Same thing with golfing. Trying to do it right handed feels all twisted and like I'm going to corkscrew myself somehow.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Arthritis is settling in the third knuckle of my left index finger and it sucks poo poo. It’s not debilitating or anything, but I find I can’t completely close my fist anymore without a slight tinge there.

Arthritis sucks.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Toxic Mental posted:

I actually bat left handed for some reason.

I watch baseball quite a lot, and throwing righty & batting lefty is very common. Hell, I do it too.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

batting lefty puts you a couple of steps closer to first base, iirc; more broadly, left-side dominance confers a small but distinct advantage to players of a few different baseball positions. source: am left-handed, have a book about left-handedness that touched on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Mr Burns said playing a left handed batter against a right handed pitcher is the smart play.