Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

disposablewords posted:

Whoopsie-doodle! ...I will confess, I've only been half paying attention anyway because I still want to get to this myself sooner rather than later, so I didn't even notice. But a somewhat soft voice chatting amicably over the sound of bolter fire and exploding cultists is surprisingly relaxing.

ASMR - Audio of Space Marines Rending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

chill vids to show me what passes for fury among your misbegotten kind to

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Grey Hunter posted:

ASMR - Audio of Space Marines Rending.

:golfclap:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The final battle begins, and we learn who is reall behind this plot!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
NGL, I was so glad that after half an hour you finally realized the objectives on the side were what you needed to do :p

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Victory - but at a cost.

Thanks for watching - hopefully you've enjoyed this, I think it's a fun and competent take on the genre, which can be unusual for 40K games!

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Congrats! The game has some interesting gimmicks that help vary up the XCOM formula, which is otherwise also decently executed.

Poor Vakir. But she was an Inquisitor, which means going out in a very painful and/or dumb way. Her epitaph will be, "Well, at least she was useful."

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

disposablewords posted:

Congrats! The game has some interesting gimmicks that help vary up the XCOM formula, which is otherwise also decently executed.

Poor Vakir. But she was an Inquisitor, which means going out in a very painful and/or dumb way. Her epitaph will be, "Well, at least she was useful."
IŽd say that she went out with far more honor and gravitas than the vast majority of Inquisitors in Warhammer 40K lore.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Look, she's an Inquisitor, I gotta at least razz her some.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly, given her absolute devotion to the task and how she's clearly getting worse as time goes on, this was kind of an inevitable fate, unfortunate for her. It feels like she had no real intention of surviving the situation, frankly.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sylphosaurus posted:

IŽd say that she went out with far more honor and gravitas than the vast majority of Inquisitors in Warhammer 40K lore.

Most of them live long enough to become the villain. Dying uselessly puts you in the top 50%, dying in a useful way is definitely top-10% material.

glocknar
May 17, 2017

The Lone Badger posted:

Most of them live long enough to become the villain. Dying uselessly puts you in the top 50%, dying in a useful way is definitely top-10% material.

Honestly, I'm having trouble thinking of any that HAVE died in a useful way that we know of in lore. That means dying usefully on camera must have catapulted her straight through Nurgle's garden, out the other side, and right before the Big E simply because of how unlikely it seems to be :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Keldulas posted:

Honestly, given her absolute devotion to the task and how she's clearly getting worse as time goes on, this was kind of an inevitable fate, unfortunate for her. It feels like she had no real intention of surviving the situation, frankly.

I kinda like the subversion of the usual subversion they did, yeah
Like, you're expecting her to fall/get possessed/have been a traitor the whole time, like every inquisitor in every other WH40K story that features inquisitors in any capacity.
So when she actually *isn't* and goes out like a champ despite leaning SO HARD into the "I can totally do twisted xeno chaos magic, I'm 100% sure of this just trust me, you useless bolter on legs !" thing for half the game, it's a genuine twist.