Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

ComradePyro posted:

I don't think this is a trans issue and we should not respond to hearing about a child being raped by trying to make it about trans people, speaking as a trans person.

Is there a news story about this or something I can read? All I get is "Broward School Board meeting sees heated debate over LGBTQ+ Pride", which is sort of ironic.

Sorry, I was being glib. I was comparing it to an incident elsewhere where a similar cover up got hijacked by people with an anti-trans agenda. Probably came off as a dumber post than what I intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Shrecknet posted:

I grew up in Miami/SoFla in the 80s and 90s then bounced around the state in the 2000s for college to work, and it really can't be overemphasized what a colossal difference the two areas are. Miami-Dade is a cool, hip and multicultural metro area with progressive values and all the trappings that come with modern society. But as the saying goes, "the further north you go, the further south you get." By the time you hit even Boynton Beach you're in horse-and-truck country, and the actual screeching, hooting lunatics with 50' Trump flags start showing up around Okeechobee.

In a sensible world, the Keys/Miami/maaaybe Ft Lauderdale would have balkanized into their own state, leaving the rest of Florida to rot as part of "the south."

As it stands, I have no idea how you reconcile a state so full of hateful, screeching olds (for god's sake, @catturd2 lives there) with anything resembling a society planning for the future. But I guess that's always been the way of Florida - the state is so old and so full of retirees from elsewhere that they consider any planning for the future to be a waste since it isn't their kids doing the dying.

Speaking of Catturd lol
https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1691964277874143698?t=_E_LOcZ1Pld6-6looVoKvg&s=19

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

When you've lost Catturd... well it means nothing to anyone but Musk, but still doesn't bode well.

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 19, 2023

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

If Chickenshit Charlie was another Gavin Newsome it wouldn’t have made me sick to my stomach voting for that gently caress.