Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.311cruise.com/ is more my speed :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

that explains it

I can’t really argue

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Wow drat, I totally never thought of it. We kinda grew up stable working class and my parents were young, so it was never a possible issue. If my parents died we'd probably just go live with grandma across town.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
the dicksucking factory down the road's always hiring.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Some version of this:

https://giphy.com/embed/5NchnMvshC3h3JGb33/video

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yep. not enough to gas for psycho posting or vote 1 in but howevre deeply revealing about ops inner psyche

its almost refreshing

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Milo and POTUS posted:

its almost refreshing
Op here with another universal experience. How did you first become obsessed with Tim Curry as the smog monster in Fern Gully getting you pregnant? Seems pretty normal based on a quick google search

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Fern Gully slaps and Tim Curry could belt it out

Don't be ashamed to have a crush on the smog monster

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

nice obelisk idiot posted:

How did you first become obsessed with Tim Curry as the smog monster in Fern Gully

You have my interest

nice obelisk idiot posted:

getting you pregnant?

and you have lost it

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
His name was Hexxus you morons

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

I always worried I'd have to take care of my disabled brother

Now I am

:shrug:

Not to be too personal, but is it a struggle? You're a saint for doing so, but I can't imagine.

I'm the youngest of the two of us, and we're both well into adulthood.

But, far as I can tell, it'll be my sister that takes care of my mom. I'm willing to stand up and do it, but I've always been more of the irresponsible one :/

I can almost guarantee she had no emergency plans if our parents passed in our childhood.
She left to join the military pretty much as soon as she was of age. It wasn't really a great household, though.
My parents finally split when I was like 16, and I ended up joining the military when I was 20 due to some misdeeds.

she did work at Subway for a while and I had so many free stickers on the card they used to have it was crazy. I just had to use them at other Subways, cause she was paranoid.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Only children may not have to worry about caring for siblings if their parents die, but they do get to be automatic orphans and the last of their immediate family.

I’m the only child of two only children, which means no aunts or uncles but a thousand second cousins. I think the thought of being an orphan wears on me more as an adult than as a child.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

MoonshineWilly posted:

Only children may not have to worry about caring for siblings if their parents die, but they do get to be automatic orphans and the last of their immediate family.

I’m the only child of two only children, which means no aunts or uncles but a thousand second cousins. I think the thought of being an orphan wears on me more as an adult than as a child.

That's rough, bud.

I can nominate you to be my honorary sibling, but there isn't like any benefit, my family kinda sucks. lol

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My sister is 9 years older than me so I can see why she resents my mom now.

She thinks I'm the favorite child but I felt neglected too.

I love my mom and she tried her best but just bad family circumstances.

At least if I kick the bucket my kids are taken care off, my life insurance policy goes to my sister.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Cuz we went to therapy together and signed it into writing.

I don't plan on it happening soon but I got my ducks in a row.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

We were going to live with my mom's best friend and her kids. They would do the same. It was planned and agreed on by everyone.

When my mom's friend went to jail, her kids lived with us until she got out.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Since my parents divorced when I was 10 we had redundant households anyway. :shrug:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I never thought about it, but it would have undoubtedly been suicide. If it happened later, like when we were teens, I would hand the reigns of the family over to my much more mature, non-autistic younger sister.

I mean hopefully we just would’ve had to go live with my grandparents. That would mean mandatory church attendance and no internet until the year 2002, but maybe that would’ve been better for me.

No, it would’ve sucked in every way.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
a mix between our large extended family and large inheritance would handle it

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
The extended family has been the biggest problem.

My aunt and her boyfriend think they get the house.

Neither my sister or I think we're going to inherit it but none of them are in the will, they're just free-loading until someone dies.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Jokes on them you have have money to sue

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Treecko posted:

The extended family has been the biggest problem.

My aunt and her boyfriend think they get the house.

Neither my sister or I think we're going to inherit it but none of them are in the will, they're just free-loading until someone dies.

Congrats on having rich enough relatives to leave something to someone!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
My parents live in a different country.
My sister lives in a different country.

Who knows, let's hope they snuff it and it doesn't drag out.

I guess I could wish the same for myself.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

redshirt posted:

Congrats on having rich enough relatives to leave something to someone!

Thank you? It's not gonna play out like that tho.

Just sharing my experience we all walk different paths.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Treecko posted:

Thank you? It's not gonna play out like that tho.

Just sharing my experience we all walk different paths.

I know. Just joshing with you.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I had a rock & a bat, and I was ready to smash

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i don't feel entitled to or expect any inheritance. however, my parents did end up with enough to retire very comfortably, i think mostly because my dad got some stock bonuses during his career at a private company that eventually IPO'd and soared in value. they put their whole nest egg into buying a huge mcmansion on a river in florida. they are in a high flood risk zone at low elevation on a barrier island.

and they "self-insure" because insurance premiums are too high.

that house is doomed and my siblings and i are going to inherit a FEMA site someday. again, i don't count on inheriting anything from them, but it still hurts to see that giant pile of money waiting to be reclaimed by an intracoastal waterway.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
That's a pretty weird thing to worry about, OP, unless you live in a war zone or a Charles Dickens novel. In most of the western world you wouldn't even be allowed to work a full time job before you're over the age of majority, much less expected to. Where did you grow up?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

i don't feel entitled to or expect any inheritance. however, my parents did end up with enough to retire very comfortably, i think mostly because my dad got some stock bonuses during his career at a private company that eventually IPO'd and soared in value. they put their whole nest egg into buying a huge mcmansion on a river in florida. they are in a high flood risk zone at low elevation on a barrier island.

and they "self-insure" because insurance premiums are too high.

that house is doomed and my siblings and i are going to inherit a FEMA site someday. again, i don't count on inheriting anything from them, but it still hurts to see that giant pile of money waiting to be reclaimed by an intracoastal waterway.

Convince them to move to Maine before it's too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Great post/username combo though