Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

DaysBefore posted:

Not really feeling this SAD thread. Don't expect much good posting from it. Maybe Retardo Vox will show up and I can have something to not read at least

im very confused by all the people going BUT WHAT BAOUT 9/11 JOKES????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you dont think that a mod is going to ban someone for posting a 9/11 clip at some point?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol cool

Cuttlefush posted:

you dont think that a mod is going to ban someone for posting a 9/11 clip at some point?

the problem nobody wants to talk about in that sad thread is that our moderators and admins are tremendously stubborn idiots and will not back down on it if they make a bad call

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

starbarry is a moron and you don't need to take anything he posts seriously

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

mawarannahr maybe don't pre-emptively defend al-saqr doing a hosed up thing you imagined. do you not realize how this primes people to believe al-saqr would do this or already has? he has a big enough target on him. this is a very lovely thing to do.

Yeah I didn't want to say it there considering what happened last time Al-Saqr got brought up in SAD. But, well, considering that, maybe a different example would have been better.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

remember how we argued for years against the word filter because mods are incapable of understanding context? tankbuster is still probed because mods are incapable of understanding context

surely this time it will be different

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

docbeard posted:

Yeah I didn't want to say it there considering what happened last time Al-Saqr got brought up in SAD. But, well, considering that, maybe a different example would have been better.
maybe. it is sincerely what I had in mind because it's something I worry might happen. a lot of people wanted him banned for posting something that was also against the rules. i think forgiveness is a virtue and zero tolerance rules can be stupid.

totally different trivial example, there can be contexts where posting the Lenin mausoleum or holy relics would not be out of place and should not merit a permaban.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Oct 30, 2023

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Al-Saqr is totally going to get banned again

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Soiled Meat

mawarannahr posted:

maybe. it is sincerely what I had in mind because it's something I worry might happen. a lot of people wanted him banned for posting something that was also against the rules. i think forgiveness is a virtue and zero tolerance rules can be stupid.

The Secret rear end thinking

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

It just got added to another

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

Yeah, I think your heart was in the right place, I just think a different approach is better.

quote:

totally different trivial example, there can be contexts where posting the Lenin mausoleum or holy relics would not be out of place and should not merit a permaban.

Lord have mercy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al! posted:

ya no need for double slow mode -_-

same with the malding thread

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they are loving linked too

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

mawarannahr posted:

maybe. it is sincerely what I had in mind because it's something I worry might happen.

i figured just... you gotta consider what that does when you post it in SAD. it doesn't matter how correct your example is or what you personally think there. you need to post defensively or at least with a good sense of how other people are going to interpret you or you end up posting some schweinhund poo poo

docbeard posted:

Lord have mercy

well, he's right. and you bet your rear end a mod would ban someone posting dead lenin. you've witnessed them do stupider poo poo.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

aw frig aw dang it posted:

starbarry is a moron and you don't need to take anything he posts seriously

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Slow mode is the new forums cancer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it was a little funny at first but now its just annoying. i am asking nicely and politely to please turn it off

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
so wait a tweet you embed can just have poo poo tacked onto it if the tweeter tweets more? is that right? that's funny as gently caress

gonna start a bait twitter account and try to entire my enemies into quoting it

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic
the only thing that get’s embedded is the tweet you link and, if it’s a reply, the tweet it’s replying to

did elon add editing?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Speng you're submitting a ban+30 on that, or can I chain the idf lover

speng31b
May 8, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

i queued the b30

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

so wait a tweet you embed can just have poo poo tacked onto it if the tweeter tweets more? is that right? that's funny as gently caress

nah people are just saying if you post a tweet and later on someone hidden under show all replies posts gore later, you should be permabanned too. they are most likely ex politics posters litigating their general grudge against politics posters

e: couldnt post this because of slowmode (turn it off)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

nah, people are just arguing about what happens if someone scrolls in the comments of a tweet you link and finds something gross now.

people embedding a tweet-reply and forgetting that it also embeds the thing it is replying to is a typical problem, but that's not what sad is discussing now, it's just comments.

anyways, i told you i would be destroying tweet embeds soon, i think it's close now. i've been waiting on this for some time.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

speng31b posted:

nah, people are just arguing about what happens if someone scrolls in the comments of a tweet you link and finds something gross now.

people embedding a tweet-reply and forgetting that it also embeds the thing it is replying to is a typical problem, but that's not what sad is discussing now, it's just comments.

anyways, i told you i would be destroying tweet embeds soon, i think it's close now

lmfao ok that's even better. quotelinking another SA thread is the same scenario. imagine someone suggesting you are responsible for any comments in a thread you quote link from

Herbert Stencil
Aug 25, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what kind of a loving idiot clicks an embedded tweet and scrolls down to the replies?

ban anyone who admits to doing something that stupid imo

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

but how are we supposed to crack the case on the JFK assassination without linking to the Zapruder film??? :negative:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

speng31b posted:

anyways, i told you i would be destroying tweet embeds soon, i think it's close now. i've been waiting on this for some time.

i mean the quickest way to stop all gore posting would be to simply ban posting twitter links and embeds. ive had to stop using twitter lately because some mutual will retweet to some gore before i can mute them, or just the autoplaying gore videos under every news story

take slow mode off of this thread

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Al! posted:

simply ban posting twitter links and embeds

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

i mean the quickest way to stop all gore posting would be to simply ban posting twitter links and embeds.

agreed

Al! posted:

iks can't toggle slow mode. but if you make a new thread that doesnt get immediately hosed up by garbage posting i will close this one

speng31b has issued a correction as of 20:45 on Oct 30, 2023

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al! posted:

i mean the quickest way to stop all gore posting would be to simply ban posting twitter links and embeds. ive had to stop using twitter lately because some mutual will retweet to some gore before i can mute them, or just the autoplaying gore videos under every news story

bro why do you have mutuals that are sharing gore

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
what's a mutual

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Cuttlefush posted:

what's a mutual

the twitter version of glennsters

speng31b
May 8, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

this guy needs a chain tho

Top City Homo posted:

free real estate

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mutuals that are sharing vore

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

bro why do you have mutuals that are sharing gore

ex cspam posters who dont normally post gore. probably mad about israel. if you block people they get real weird on you so you gotta mute them

speng31b posted:

iks can't toggle slow mode. but if you make a new thread that doesnt get immediately hosed up by garbage posting i will close this one

buddy out of the two of us youre the guy who is part of the cspam moderation team and the one with the buttons to keep out the garbage posters. ill do it but itll probably go the same as last time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

ill do it but itll probably go the same as last time

i will destroy bad posts in the fresh thread. time for a reset anyways

E: time for a new thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046099