Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

going to try another feedback thread. please leave feedback here. i am going to request that we try to be somewhat less chatty just so that if i get too busy to look at the forums for a few days there aren't like 2k unread posts. i guess if it does get like that then i will temporarily close the thread until i or another mod has time to pay attention.

this is the thread where you can give feedback to lobster shirt only, unofficially, no other mods or admins need to read the thread. UNOFFICIAL.

anyway i have some feedback for cspam. the following things are not crimes in my book:

1. threadshitting
2. zero content posts
3. trolling (that is not breaking other rules)
4. posting in a thread to say that you dont like it

lobster shirt has issued a correction as of 03:52 on Aug 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

🖕

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

going to be reporting these posts for threadshitting, zero content posts, and trolling, which are illegal again

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

going to be reporting these posts for threadshitting, zero content posts, and trolling, which are illegal again
🖕

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Feedback: Don't close the feedback thread even if you're not around. Some thoughts from SAD on the topic:

Corambis posted:

Requiring posters to save up their thoughts until a mod happens to be in the mood to solicit feedback just creates a barrier to contributing and effectively prevents more casual users from responding at all.

IGgy IGsen posted:

People shooting the poo poo in a feedback thread probably means things are fine. I'd rather have that than regular drama. Even if it's not on topic, technically, I'd still view it as positive feedback.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

if the mods as a group are regularly around less often than the actual posters, get better mods

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
no more gimmicks

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

RealityWarCriminal posted:

no, more gimmicks!

agreed

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Feedback: Don't close the feedback thread even if you're not around. Some thoughts from SAD on the topic:

taking this feedback under consideration. it's really just if this turns into a chat thread, i don't mind not looking at it for a few days if it means returning to a readable number of posts. but i will think about this!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
when people post that such and such thread "is bad now", they should come prepared with receipts and be prepared to debate every poster that it is in fact "bad now"

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!
dont 4get 2 sticky

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
My feedback is that this:

lobster shirt posted:

i am going to request that we try to be somewhat less chatty just so that if i get too busy to look at the forums for a few days there aren't like 2k unread posts.

Is why people don't like this:

lobster shirt posted:

1. threadshitting
2. zero content posts
3. trolling (that is not breaking other rules)
4. posting in a thread to say that you dont like it

So this:

lobster shirt posted:

i guess if it does get like that then i will temporarily close the thread until i or another mod has time to pay attention.

Is hypocritical poo poo.

In conclusion, idk, maybe moderate things? 🖕

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I guess everyone else loves cspam being a shithole with glennsters hootin and hollerin making 50 blank post threads and chain probing users at random and slurs. Cool site.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

I guess everyone else loves cspam being a shithole with glennsters hootin and hollerin making 50 blank post threads and chain probing users at random and slurs. Cool site.

i know i do

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pingui posted:

So this:

Is hypocritical poo poo.

i think libster bitch is doing fine

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
If users feel the need to save up thoughts for a feedback thread they should be permabanned

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Pingui posted:

So this:

Is hypocritical poo poo.

i think its okay to have somewhat higher standards for a feedback thread than for cspam, which is the politics fyad lite, in general. or perhaps i am misunderstanding you.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Pingui posted:

So this:

Is hypocritical poo poo.

dont see the connection

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i think libster bitch is doing fine

his name is libster poo poo

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
If you change my av I will say you're doing a great job

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i have many names

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

lobster shirt posted:

i think its okay to have somewhat higher standards for a feedback thread than for cspam, which is the politics fyad lite, in general. or perhaps i am misunderstanding you.

Either moderate the feedback thread with your buttons or suffer with the rest of us.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

anyway i have some feedback for cspam. the following things are not crimes in my book:

1. specific. actionable. and heartfelt, genuine threats against the lives and families of other posters

I agree

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

im going to kill you

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

taking this feedback under consideration. it's really just if this turns into a chat thread, i don't mind not looking at it for a few days if it means returning to a readable number of posts. but i will think about this!

if it gets too many posts while you are away I would just close the thread and open a new one with an op that says 'if you had any important feedback since page X repost it because the last one got too chatty and I ain't reading all that.' telling chatters not to chat never gonna work

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

im going to kill you

this you?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i would simply turn on slowmode op

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

yeah come knock on my door

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
for the whole forum. one post an hour.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Put a loving post timer on the thread, and don't let some hooting idiot fill up multiple pages of the main subforum with the same image, that blots out actual possible content.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

StratGoatCom posted:

Put a loving post timer on the thread, and don't let some hooting idiot fill up multiple pages of the main subforum with the same image, that blots out actual possible content.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

seems fine. some threads are annoying but whatever

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

StratGoatCom posted:

h**ting is a slur please don't say that

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

StratGoatCom posted:

sounds like thats an astral/app problem for allowing 40000 pixel tall images lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

StratGoatCom posted:

feedback don't do this it's lame