Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Yeah, but when is the last time you seen someone put that on a salad? I've only ever used it for cheese and cucumber sandwiches, or drizzling over a bowl of champ. I used to spread it on toast as a kid, to the rest of my family's horror. Still not as bad as beans on toast with salad cream, but that is a thing people do. Remeber that ad campaign from years back, 'Everything tastes supreme, with Heinz salad cream'? The guy putting it on pizza is something people actually do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny-lAKtIaXU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I hadn't heard if this before, and just learnt some hopefully interesting facts about it.

"Only 14% of buyers actually used [it] on salads, the old name no longer reflects its modern purpose.
‘There are consumers now who haven’t grown up with the brand in the household and just don’t know about the iconic zingy flavour or what to eat it with.’
The research suggested it was more regularly used with sandwich fillings such as tuna, ham or cheese, and as such, ‘Sandwich Cream’ would make more sense.

Salad Cream uses more vinegar than oil whilst mayonnaise is the other way round.
For example, in Heinz Salad Cream is just 22% Rapeseed Oil whilst Heinz mayonnaise is 68%.
Salad Cream also contains significantly less fat with 100g of Heinz Salad Cream yielding 23.8g of fat (1.8g of which is saturated) and mayonnaise of the same brand containing 70g of fat (5.3g of which saturates).
The minor difference in the amount of egg yolk also makes a big difference, with mayo using more than Salad Cream."

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/06/difference-salad-cream-mayonnaise-become-sandwich-cream-7610409

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Revins posted:

I like a nice balsamic vinaigrette :)

Vinegar dressings ftmfw. Creamy dressings can get hosed.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Vinegar dressings ftmfw. Creamy dressings can get hosed.

What about caesar

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Is salad cream just miracle whip?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

What about caesar

Proper Caesar isn’t creamy

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Proper Caesar isn’t creamy

Bullshit

the original recipe is creamy. You can still buy it bottled using the OG ingredients from the inventor

73023_3rd
Jul 31, 2023
instead you should have conversed using only song titles

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Is salad cream just miracle whip?

It sounds like it from that snippet but I've never heard of it until now.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'd rather have salad cream than creamed salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Canned cream salad