Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Hmmm OP I checked the whole let's play and didn't see this "Sans" character everyone seems to talk about? Was it all a lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Two in fact!

ha, placing bets that Chapter 3 has three guest artists!

Putty posted:

Hmmm OP I checked the whole let's play and didn't see this "Sans" character everyone seems to talk about? Was it all a lie?

i was gonna make a jab at not having read the first LP but then i remembered you were, like, one of the top 10 posters of that thread. Putty :argh:

also, next update is partially done. wanted some video to go with it. it's been captured, just needs to be edited. my region has been hit with a heat wave these last fews days and maaaaan has it sapped all motivation to do anything remotely resembling work

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jadecore posted:

And Susie's... well, it's a lot more straightforward to see, since she outwardly emotes a lot more than Kris does. She certainly wants to act cool about it, but having her own room, dedicated to her likes and interests and taste in decor, is something she clearly doesn't have. There's a quiet moment where she has to drink it in, wondering how much effort Ralsei had to go through to give her a space all her own, before she lets the happiness reign, relishing in the COOL room.

There's a real sense of care and longing in them. A room of one's own, when even in your own home, that's not something you have. It just... makes me emotional, thinking about them, even if I might just read into them too much. I just wanted to put that out there for this.

yeah, this is well said, especially the Susie stuff. i read a lot of her actions and characterizations as having a pretty bad home life. i don't want to go too in depth and risk either spoilers or getting too personal, but yeah, there's a sadness to how Susie conducts herself and this scene with the rooms is a great feel good moment. it clearly means a lot to her.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

glwgameplayer posted:

Yeah, Deltarune!

So, I'm generally a pretty stoic person. Especially when it comes to media. I can watch a scene that is agonizingly painful and come away with a mild frown on my face. I don't laugh much. Getting me to feel feelings is very difficult.

Deltarune has made me smile, laugh, sniffle, and come within a few clicks of writing highly emotional fanfic. This game is really, really good at drawing emotions out of people, and it's not even close to being done yet. I think that's just a sign of its power. Also, it inspired a lot of really emotional fanfic, which varies in quality from garbage to actually incredible.

A lot of the things I have things to say about come later, so I'll keep quiet for now. But just know we're in for a wild ride friendos

Yeah. It's really telling that almost all critiques about Undertale/Deltarune is about the fandom, since the actual games are so outstandingly stellar. I really can't think of anything which does it as charmingly hilariously as Fox has done.