Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I ended up just swapping the game to run under the PPSSPP standalone app and used it's cheat system.

And yeah the combat system in Fate Extra is abysmal, bypassing it with a cheat code definitely seems like the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I'm working on an emulation station like GUI browser for MiSTer and wanted to solicit feedback. Figured this is a good thread.

What scraper data sources and interfaces do you use when curating Meta data?

I'm considering coupling myself pretty tightly to the gamelist.xml model and parallel media folder for each core.

I'm torn between a custom scraper engine against screenscraper API or just consuming the XML and punting the scraping to other tools.

Also let me know if you went about culling larger sets of their beta/hacks/etc for scraping, or whether you went full completionist.

I'm at a cross roads where I didn't know whether to check the XML and use it to sweeten directory listings, or lean in and make it the requirement for the UI since it's meant to be a media based GUI anyway. The main core menus already provide directory browsing based on filenames and dirs

I think the main use case will be browsing local sets with media, but I won't be surprised to find out there are folks with 2500 SNES roms in their gamelist.xml

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Playnite uses IGDB and that seems to be decent.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
is there an easier way to make Cemu work portably? It's on an external drive, and every time I re-connect to a computer after disconnecting I have to manually re-set the file directories because of the drive letter changing.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Rinkles posted:

is there an easier way to make Cemu work portably? It's on an external drive, and every time I re-connect to a computer after disconnecting I have to manually re-set the file directories because of the drive letter changing.

mlc needs to be left empty when you first install it so it's created inside the Cemu folder.

For the rom path, open Settings.xml inside the Cemu folder, find <GamePaths> and change it so it only contains the folder name where the roms are in.

e.g.

<GamePaths>
<Entry>roms</Entry>

This assumes that your roms folder is also inside the Cemu folder.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sensenmann posted:

mlc needs to be left empty when you first install it so it's created inside the Cemu folder.

For the rom path, open Settings.xml inside the Cemu folder, find <GamePaths> and change it so it only contains the folder name where the roms are in.

e.g.

<GamePaths>
<Entry>roms</Entry>

This assumes that your roms folder is also inside the Cemu folder.

thanks.

the first part is already in the cemu directory, the isos aren't but i guess i can just move them since its the same drive and there's no other noteworthy wiiu emulator.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I wanted to try a dual monitor set up because Xenoblade X has a gamepad only map, but Cemu always crashes (or slows my pc to a halt) with the separate gamepad view enabled when using Vulkan. Haven't seen too many posts about this, so I'm not sure if there's something wrong on my end or it's just an infrequently used feature.

No issues with it in OpenGL, but the game looks crummy whatever downscaling option I choose, on top of all the other advantages of Vulkan.

Any suggestions? Toggling the gamepad view is workable, but less ideal and certainly less cool.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Do your monitors have different capabilities in terms of refresh rate, Gsync/freesync, resolution and HDR? You could try matching the monitor settings (reducing refresh rate to match the slower one, disabling gsync/freesync/hdr, setting the resolutions to match).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I’m pretty sure it’s not a monitor issue, because it behaves identically even with just one monitor connected.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Anybody have experience getting 8bitdo controllers to work on a Linux (Debian) system with RetroArch?

I can connect the controller via Bluetooth and the computer recognizes it as 8bitdo but none of the emulators I’ve installed recognize it as being connected. I know they’re not technically supported for Linux but I thought they were still recognizable.

I’m also a bit of a Linux noob so I’m probably missing something very basic re: mapping this stuff.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

AlternateNu posted:

Anybody have experience getting 8bitdo controllers to work on a Linux (Debian) system with RetroArch?

I can connect the controller via Bluetooth and the computer recognizes it as 8bitdo but none of the emulators I’ve installed recognize it as being connected. I know they’re not technically supported for Linux but I thought they were still recognizable.

I’m also a bit of a Linux noob so I’m probably missing something very basic re: mapping this stuff.

Probably driver-related. Controller drivers for Linux can be flaky and also very specific to certain devices.

If the controller has different modes available, try swapping from DInput to xinput or vice versa, and try wired if it supports that.

Otherwise, you may need to look into installing xpad neo or something to get the proper drivers installed.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

AlternateNu posted:

My 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ works out of the box in "B" (Android/Bluetooth-HID) mode. It's treated as a ten button gamepad, with the triggers presenting as regular buttons. No support for gyro or the home or screenshot buttons.

It also works in "X" (Windows/Xinput) mode after installing the xpadneo driver, which, unfortuantely, is out of tree and you'll have to build with DKMS. Supports analog triggers and the home button. Not sure about the screenshot button. This is probably what you need to install if you have an Ultimate controller as I don't think those have a separate native HID mode. Still no gyro (which doesn't work in this mode).

I believe there is a driver to provide Switch Pro Controller support for Linux, which should work with 8BitDos in the "Y" (Switch) mode, but I've never tried it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Yeah. It works out of the box. I'm just an idiot.

I was connecting it via BT but never actually paired the drat thing so it wasn't registering as an input device. You just don't have native camera/home button support.

I just hope its as plug+play friendly with Dolphin, PPSSPP, and PCSX2.