Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This is true italian football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao

https://twitter.com/meninblazers/status/1763672617414775057?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Roma are so enjoyable under De Rossi, they have had an easy schedule but it's great to see Pellegrini play well and the whole team look much better. Torino and Monza wins are legit though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I will admit I was totally wrong about De Rossi. The schedule is favorable but I thought they would fall apart in a couple games. I hope they let him continue if he wants.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Great second half from Bologna there. Really feel like they may get the last CL place

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Napoli-Merda is pretty fun. Sick volley just now by He Who Shall Remain Unspelled

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Insanely funny ending

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

kvaratskhelia

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

I will admit I was totally wrong about De Rossi. The schedule is favorable but I thought they would fall apart in a couple games. I hope they let him continue if he wants.

Ya I feel like Mou would have struggled with teams like Torino/Monza, he usually got super dirty 1-0s. Also it's fun to watch Roma players not be cunts all game, when your under Jose it seems like he asks you cry about every foul, throw in, freekick, goal kick.

On Juve, Feel like Juve are sort of crumbling...Inter, Napoli, Milan and Roma all have European games but look much better. I still think they should be shoe in for top 4 just cause they have not many games. Vlahovic didn't score but he looked very dangerous.

Also Pedri and Frenkie De Jong were both strechered off vs Bilbao. Napoli are looking good under their new manager. Osimhen and Kvicha both seem to feed off eachother. Their form is finally reminding me of last year. This could set up for a great chance for Napoli to surprisingly advance to quarter finals in a otherwise chaotic year.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Not sure how Inter got away with a win vs Bologna in the 2nd half. Somehow Inter managed rest most of their squad and get 3pts away at Bologna.

Definitely feels like one of those season where nothing will go wrong for Inter.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
seems good

https://twitter.com/meninblazers/status/1766564426033877215?s=46&t=Jl91I_6B7i5oyOtlhhpf1w

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/39705939/lecce-sack-boss-head-butts-opposition-player

One the one hand this is absolutely abysmal behavior and he absolutely should be sacked. On the other hand, lol. Lmao.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I wonder what his contract was like and if Lecce are trying to cut costs before what is looking like a big relegation fight and possible drop.

I’m glad he was canned but you have to wonder if there was a motive behind it beyond being the right thing to do.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
he headbutted a Verona player, he should be celebrated imho

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/eurofootcom/status/1767552690198851602

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Yup predicted it. I really thought him or Tuchel would get sacked if they lost UCL + then lost 1-2 more games right after. Not a sack but I am guessing its mutual.

I haven't been a fan of Sarri's tactics for a while now, hopefully someone brave like De Rossi takes over Lazio. They do have the players to play much more offensively. The japense player Kamada was brilliant last year in Frankfurt but he hasn't fit at all in Lazio's system. This team screams for a Inter type formation with both Taty + Immobile.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

De Rossi would be incredible in charge of Lazio and none of it for footy reasons

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Send Lazio to B imho

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

A goal from the heavens by Orsolini for the first one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=465XLwO58Z8

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The salamimakers one is good too. They're gonna be fun in Europe if they don't get completely taken apart over the summer.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

The salamimakers one is good too. They're gonna be fun in Europe if they don't get completely taken apart over the summer.

Well looks like Serie A might be getting the extra champions league spot next year with how well they did and how bad England did. Italy is currently number 1 in coefficient lol.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
tremendous amount of nonsense in the dying minutes of this milan derby, tremendous work everyone

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
There is no dignified way to give up the second star. The Milan players were right to magnify their own disgrace— at least it will give us a few laughs when we remember them, after they are sold to the Saudis.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Haha this sucks man

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/stopthatfooty/status/1783235442013306955

Scamacca has been on fire since Gasperini has put him in the starting 11 this year. Some absolutely ridiculous goals and strikes by him reminds me of Zlatan how he blasts goals.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i hope he fired his agent who sent him to west ham

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i hope he fired his agent who sent him to west ham

He would have been good in Prem as well but Moyes literally wants his whole team to park the bus and work defensively.

So ya he was never gonna work there.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm just glad he came back to where he was going to play. Unless Spalletti is balding even further he should be starting for Italy at the Euros at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm just glad he came back to where he was going to play. Unless Spalletti is balding even further he should be starting for Italy at the Euros at this rate.

Ya looks like it will be him , Retegui and maybe Raspadori. I just don't trust Retegui to stay fit though so thats only 2 strikers and Raspa ain't in /out striker like Scamacca.