Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
this show is nuts

i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SHISHKABOB posted:

this show is nuts

i love it

To be specific, this post was partway through the episode Nanami's Egg and after the part where some like 50s song is playing during her montage with the egg being happy. I almost fell out of my chair.

I love the car thing. The cars sticking out of the ground in the arena. It reminds me of various places in the dark souls games where there's like fields of swords. I think that imagery is in a lot of other places too. Berserk maybe? Don't Griffith and guts have a fight in a field of swords?

The flash backs of the uh pink haired guy were funny in a way too, because of the ridiculous little blinking pointing hand going "hey look at this SYMBOLISM" and stuff. Sort of in the same realm as when the student council is having their meetings and some crap is happening that they are like halfway interacting with. A baseball game in one for instance. I don't know exactly what it MEANS but it's funny in and of itself that they are so in your face about it.

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 18, 2024

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

SHISHKABOB posted:

To be specific, this post was partway through the episode Nanami's Egg and after the part where some like 50s song is playing during her montage with the egg being happy. I almost fell out of my chair.

I love the car thing. The cars sticking out of the ground in the arena. It reminds me of various places in the dark souls games where there's like fields of swords. I think that imagery is in a lot of other places too. Berserk maybe? Don't Griffith and guts have a fight in a field of swords?

The flash backs of the uh pink haired guy were funny in a way too, because of the ridiculous little blinking pointing hand going "hey look at this SYMBOLISM" and stuff. Sort of in the same realm as when the student council is having their meetings and some crap is happening that they are like halfway interacting with. A baseball game in one for instance. I don't know exactly what it MEANS but it's funny in and of itself that they are so in your face about it.

I love the egg episode so much, Nanami is the best character in the whole show. The fantastic mix between shitpost and genuine pathos is so good. I feel like the big field of swords touchpoint in anime is Unlimited Blade Works but I'm sure there's others.

The show is definitely loving with the audience a little but I think all of that stuff has at least some meaning. Maybe not all the student council gags but the pointing hands are super interesting to me and there's a lot I can read into them, and all the Nanami episodes are so important to the broader themes of the show. But also they are definitely at least a little bit just the show loving with us, which is very fun