Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
what if you want to position three jpegs equidistant in a 1MB span though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Then you have the Black-market Drug System of Measurement (BDSM) which all good drug dealers and users can convert with ease.

Grams, Ounces, Pounds, and Kilos.

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

big scary monsters posted:

what if you want to position three jpegs equidistant in a 1MB span though?

Is 1024 divisible by three? Let's check.

1 + 0 + 2 + 4 = 7

3 does not go into 7 nicely, so that's a no.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

360 degrees

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

Whereas with inches, you only need four of them to sound massive.

thats a very healthy mental attitude.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I clicked on this thread not knowing what it was about. Legit lol at calling that poo poo “customary” when it is the custom of no other countries

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like pulling out the tape measure and then letting it snap back. Just a little harmless fun.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I like pulling out the tape measure and then letting it snap back. Just a little harmless fun.

sometimes i say minus 3 feet, sometimes i say minus 3 meters while I cackle scaring the gently caress out of my coworker while the tooth of the tape measure rides the slab

i used to do that to methheads all the time 20 years ago and it was great

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

sometimes i say minus 3 feet, sometimes i say minus 3 meters while I cackle scaring the gently caress out of my coworker while the tooth of the tape measure rides the slab

i used to do that to methheads all the time 20 years ago and it was great

Hell yeah. You ever take a measurement, snap the tape back and then forget the measurement. Love that.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Dokapon Findom posted:

I clicked on this thread not knowing what it was about. Legit lol at calling that poo poo “customary” when it is the custom of no other countries

brexit britain sends their regards

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hell yeah. You ever take a measurement, snap the tape back and then forget the measurement. Love that.

I've done that, remembered the measurement, snapped the tape back, told him to do it, watched him gently caress it up, show him how to do it then get in a fight

there is a reason why all the girls who insisted on wearing face jewelry and makeup into cleanrooms, after years of being coddled, did not like me as a lead.
i told them they weren't going to like it, either, and they all decided I should be their lead.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 27, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost

Thesaurus posted:

We'd just say that the routes are one mile, 1.5 miles, a quarter mile, etc. No need to involve feet

yep. Bout a half mile down the road on your left. Can't miss it. One of two roads in that half mile.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

frumpykvetchbot posted:

brexit britain sends their regards

im not british but ive seen some clips of this guy in action. he's a huge rear end in a top hat but i gotta say, his eyebrow work is impressive, just two big nasty dark worms up there dancing around while he sputters and condescends

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

syntaxfunction posted:

I measure everything in football fields or G4 iMacs. Not just physical dimensions, all measurements.

Yeah, baby... when it comes to females, Cosmo ain't got nothin' to do with my selection.
G4 iMacs-football fields-G4 iMacs? Ha ha, only if she's 2 G4 iMacs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost

sinnesloeschen posted:

Yeah, baby... when it comes to females, Cosmo ain't got nothin' to do with my selection.
G4 iMacs-football fields-G4 iMacs? Ha ha, only if she's 2 G4 iMacs.

makes sense to me