Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Selling my Mocopi for relatively cheap

Used them for a bit, they work great standing and dancing, but a bit iffy on the sitting/laying. I'd love to use moSlime but I honestly have dealt with VR Jank™ for the past 8 years and don't have it in me to set that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
A reminder today is the annual day all the kids unwrap their new Quests and run right off into VRChat unattended like a screaming barbarian horde.

Merry Questmas, and stay safe in PC-only worlds or private instances when you can everyone :shepface:.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sorry I forgot to post about it beforehand, but we just put on an amazing show, including what I believe to be the first ever musical improv performance in vr.

https://www.youtube.com/live/OKMx31HeRzo?si=jYu5NadZQNf5nRsv

I'm the one in the sparkly dress

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

Sorry I forgot to post about it beforehand, but we just put on an amazing show, including what I believe to be the first ever musical improv performance in vr.

https://www.youtube.com/live/OKMx31HeRzo?si=jYu5NadZQNf5nRsv

I'm the one in the sparkly dress

Oh hey I think I met you at one of Resnauv's shows.

In other news, looks like VRChat broke 100k concurrent users last night! I think that's up over 10k from last year.
https://twitter.com/dtupper/status/1741741147255660924

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

^ oh poo poo waddup

The servers were not ready for last night. Nobody could log in after midnight EST, nobody who was already logged in could change their avatars, my extra vrc+ avatar favourites just straight up disappeared, but it was a hell of a time and I had two different booths in the official NYE world

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/VRChat/status/1747331900543279232

Happy 10th Anniversary, VRChat!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Just got back from watching a bad 80s movie with some friends in the new MST3K world

This is the only way I'm watching stuff from now on

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

flavor.flv posted:

Just got back from watching a bad 80s movie with some friends in the new MST3K world

This is the only way I'm watching stuff from now on

In the what?! :stwoon:

edit: Wow, this world is fantastic. My favourite touch is it actually slows your movement speed in The Tunnel down to the proper crawl-speed :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 5, 2024

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Right??

One more pic:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

gently caress, quote is not edit. Have a third one

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Loving VR Horse, the new VRChat Mascot as seen on the website's login screen! :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Went to look myself, noticed it's actually cycling through screenshots from a bunch of worlds. Cute.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That one in particular is a really good chill world. The horseback sequences are relaxing on their own, but the campsites are where you'll end up spending most of your time. The fire effect is really good on quest

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you've not been yet, go check out the new Sanrio crossover world. It's a VERY fun set of rhythm minigames.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm performing live improv in an anniversary show for charity I'd anyone would like to come watch and yell things at us

https://vrchat.com/home/launch?worl...lus)~region(us)

It's on twitch too: https://www.twitch.tv/bobbinthepirate

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

I'm performing live improv in an anniversary show for charity I'd anyone would like to come watch and yell things at us

https://vrchat.com/home/launch?worl...lus)~region(us)

It's on twitch too: https://www.twitch.tv/bobbinthepirate

Dang, missed this. Was a very busy weekend and I ended up not logging in Sunday!

(By the way, sent you a friend request, name is same as on here. Dear Tupper, please let us send a note with the friend request, this is a totally reasonable thing with absolutely no repercussions like spam or harassment when I think about it for more than one second.)

If I recall correctly, we can make 5 groups now, I should make an SA one.

E: also anyone else in this thread, feel free to send me a friend request, Username is Kazy

Kazy fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 6, 2024

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Really excited to hear world persistence is actively being worked on / "coming soon."

Less excited for when a bunch of world creators inevitably put it behind a paywall

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Really excited to hear world persistence is actively being worked on / "coming soon."

Wow even MORE half-finished games of 8-ball!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxyclean posted:

Less excited for when a bunch of world creators inevitably put it behind a paywall

Nah, the ones that could paywall stuff already do so behind a Patreon, and have done for years.

Croccers posted:

Wow even MORE half-finished games of 8-ball!

World Persistence is gonna be invaluable to places with a bunch of post-processing and optimization settings (Eg; club worlds), because now you can just set them once and never have to touch them ever again.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, the ones that could paywall stuff already do so behind a Patreon, and have done for years.
I feel like a handful of worlds that current offer save-via-string (Idle Home, Terrors of Nowhere) could easily go, "hey, you want auto save? give us some v-bucks. (or sub to the patreon)"

At least to me, that feels like the exact sort of convenience people might be tempted to try to charge for, because these are the exact sorts of worlds I give a poo poo about persistence for. I doubt anyones going to try to charge for "save your post processing settings" but anyone making complex enough or progression/currency based game worlds might.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Kind of disappointed in the Drum Hero world, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to calibrate like Udon Saber, and the hit detection felt really off.

e: Also something really cool that blew up is my friend's implementation of brain control in VRChat

https://twitter.com/RantiMess/status/1746704510972580061

(Rantis just did the animations, OfficialCharles is the one who develops BrainFlowsIntoVRChat)

Kazy fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 14, 2024

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That's super cool!

Reminds me a little of https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58489 which also uses Muse headbands. Tying it into VRChat seems like a super cool application.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Kazy posted:

Kind of disappointed in the Drum Hero world, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to calibrate like Udon Saber, and the hit detection felt really off.

The big thing I don't like about Drum Hero world is the sheer amount of World Tour/Band Hero poo poo charts :colbert:

Yeeaaah I know you can filter but normal folks ain't gonna know that 'Nu'-Hero charts are shithouse.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

New open beta is out, and the new SDK includes Head Chop for all us furries who want our muzzles visible :v:

Though trying it out I feel like it'd be easier to just use a constraint, it's weirdly unintuitive.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
:siren:If you are planning to buy any avatars off of Gumroad do it now. :siren:

:siren:I mean literally right NOW.:siren:

Stripe and Paypal came down hard this morning and Gumroad's been forced to eliminate adult content from being acceptable on their stores.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I've seen a bunch of Patreon people going oh gently caress we're next aren't we.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Quest 3 now has upper body tracking (plus leg estimation) and Virtual Desktop can pass those to SteamVR as Vive Tracker data.

I gave it a shot in VRChat and... it works! You can bend your body about and your legs stay put instead of moving around like they used to, and the leg estimation looks better than the default leg behaviour in VRC as well. It obviously isn't going to be good enough for someone who needs actual body tracking, but for casual use it is a big step up, I'm really impressed.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That sounds fantastic given the quest 3's pricepoint, compared to actual full body tracking. How's it handle sitting and lying down? Guessing not as well as standing.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I still need to check out the Index controller emulation for Virtual Desktop, though I imagine you'd be stuck in place while using it.

SteamVR Input 2.0 can't come soon enough, and with that hopefully Steam Link will also add hand tracking passthrough :v: Would be the only way I'd be able to do the Live Long and Prosper 🖖 thing on Desktop, since you can't splay without eating up a lot of avatar parameters.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sea Lily posted:

That sounds fantastic given the quest 3's pricepoint, compared to actual full body tracking. How's it handle sitting and lying down? Guessing not as well as standing.

I took a few screenshots earlier - leaning over sideways, leaning backwards and lying down propped up on my elbow respectively:

The lying pose is reasonably accurate, considering. Crouching consistently gave a crouching animation as well, although it didn't always guess my knee position correctly when doing things like bending over and putting my hands on my knees. Basically it's guessing your leg position based on what it thinks you're probably doing, but that does mean that poses pretty consistently look good and believable, even if they aren't actually accurate and your feet will slide around a fair bit when you start sitting and lying, as expected.

E: This was just mirroring my avatar so there's no shadows, which makes the lying pose in particular look a bit more floaty than it is.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 16, 2024

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

thanks for the testing and pics! That seems better than I expected, and definitely workable for folks without full body tracking options.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

drat it, quit making me want one, the 2 is fine, I don't need to replace it

My stick drift has gotten pretty bad though...

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/FaxVRC/status/1785433027201388787

VRChat has released a roadmap of future SDK additions. Looks like persistence will be around summer if all goes well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That's pretty exciting, the character controller update sounds interesting too, it specifically calls out "Players can stand on moving platforms." - which seems like it will be pretty handy for game worlds and puzzle/exploration worlds. I feel like i've already seen people pull it off, but it's sometimes been super janky (causing the player to spin for no reason)