Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
The USA Commonwealth war is entertaining but the rest is over. If you wanted to play out just that war and ignore everything else in the world that could be entertaining. Otherwise I understand calling it if you aren't having fun anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

This has been a very interesting playthrough, but I think it really highlighted the weaknesses of the game. Which is a shame for, like, continuing entertainment, but educational.

It seems like the game tries to model the inefficiencies in extracting productivity from conquered territory, but maybe not very well? Momentum seems extremely powerful, too, with the ability to rack up modifiers to the point the defender will crumble unless the attacker just continually rolls under 5 on 2d10.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yeah, seems like the game is effectively over unless you have something else you'd enjoy throwing into it. Germany has nearly as many BP's as the rest of the world put together, Japan hasn't fought a contested battle in the last year and is just marching and seizing things, the USSR is broken.

The US Midwest goes back and forth but is really the only competitive area left.

Think realistically you can call the thread and move on to the next game unless you wanna chat more on the issues/mechanics here.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

I'm fine with calling the game. Too bad no German navy action.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am fine calling th3 game if the US surrenders to the clearly superior Canadians in 1812 2: Canada strikes back

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
It seems wild that Stalingrad only gets a minus 1? But yes, farewell to this timeline.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Been a fun ride! Also shows the limitations of the game so been a good guideline as well as fun!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

does the game have a pacific war scenario? it might be fun to run a campaign that only uses that part of the map

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

Thanks for the thread, It was fun to read!
And thanks for indulging my dumb, accidentally faction crippling votes. :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

zetamind2000 posted:

does the game have a pacific war scenario? it might be fun to run a campaign that only uses that part of the map

I believe so, yes.

Also, since there were so big navies still in play that never got any action - which navies should fight eachother in mock battles? I could do something like:

Italy vs French (remnants on both sides)

Germany vs Britain

USA vs Japan (+ British survivors?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I believe so, yes.

Also, since there were so big navies still in play that never got any action - which navies should fight eachother in mock battles? I could do something like:

Italy vs French (remnants on both sides)

Germany vs Britain

USA vs Japan (+ British survivors?)

Definitely the last one at least. Maybe to help with the calculus just a tally of naval vessels by type might be useful. At this point Japan probably has 8 or so fleet carriers and I can’t imagine anyone else has more than a couple? Wouldn’t it be a shame if it rains the day of the decisive battle…