Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Dapper_Swindler posted:

kevin conroy and norm were big for me too.

Every time I see kevin conroy written somewhere, I think it's kevin connolly the guy from entourage for a second.

e: sniped the top of the page like a plane sniping the top of a tower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

redshirt posted:

I tried to finalize this tech deal and the guy was like "Did you see what happened today?!" and I was like "yeah sure but how does that affect our tech deal"?

I did not finalize the deal that day.

My cousin worked at a bank and she said her coworker, as the towers were still burning, started making calls to inquire how he could make money off this.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
How'd they do?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

My cousin worked at a bank and she said her coworker, as the towers were still burning, started making calls to inquire how he could make money off this.

For the record, my deal had 0 to do with it.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Yeah. I just find it interesting how some people will shut down everything else going on in a moment of world-changing events, while others cope by desperately clinging to what they normally do day to day.

I was in Tokyo when the March 11, 2011 earthquake/tsunami/nuclear meltdowns happened and everything stopped for a few days. The day after I was in a park just trying to think, the earth starts shaking pretty bad with an aftershock, and tra-la-la a guy on a jog with the full running gear passes by like any other day. I get it, but it's a strange experiential whiplash.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Get me 600 shares of Amalgamated Cruise Missiles LLC immediately.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Triikan posted:

How'd they do?

If he was smart, he would have put an American flag on ANYTHING and sold the poo poo out of it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I had a blind date that night and she cancelled and I was like "This is how the terrorists win!!"

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

redshirt posted:

I had a blind date that night and she cancelled and I was like "This is how the terrorists win!!"

What happened? She couldn't find her white cane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No. 6 posted:

What happened? She couldn't find her white cane?

I'll never know.