Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I once got into an extended argument on whether the 1986 animated Transformers movie is anime or not

If speed racer is anime, then transformers is anime. I say this as someone who has never watched an episode of the show, but what little I've seen makes me think it's low budget and made in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Star Wars stuff, usually.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
That Kodak Tri-X is better than Ilford HP5+

Yes, I've had that friendly argument with a fellow film nerd and I still insist that she's incorrect. Tri-X 4 lyfe.

Yes, this is why I went head to head with one of my oldest friends in laughter:

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 30, 2023

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Metal is children's music. I even like some metal, but it's to music what anime is to cinema.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Treecko posted:

A bird is a wyvern. 2 legs, 2 wings.

YES IT IS, TYLER. IT TOTALLY COUNTS AS ONE.

A wyvern is a bird. 2 legs, 2 wings.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I once got into an extended argument on whether the 1986 animated Transformers movie is anime or not

if it wasnt drawn in the Akihabara district its only sparkling animation

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’ve seen a bird posting on these very forums with a hefty third leg so i’m not sure these folks arguing about wyverns know a drat thing about animals

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Disco Pope posted:

Metal is children's music. I even like some metal, but it's to music what anime is to cinema.

It all sounds the same. If you put on any given metal song and tell me it's Sabaton I won't just totally believe you, I'd need serious convincing it's not

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

JustCallMeDC posted:

According to him, it doesn’t qualify as a sandwich because a sandwich needs at least one substantial piece of food. He doesn’t see cheese as this because he views cheese as only a topping, comparing it to mustard and ketchup in that you only put cheese on other food. Since it’s only cheese, it’s two naked pieces of bread with a topping in between, and says this is as much of a sandwich as a burger bun with only ketchup is a ‘burger’.

This argument happened at the work cafe btw, and we asked the chef to chime in. The chef verbatim said “it’s called, a grilled cheese SANDWICH!” But he still refused to concede.

His points would be valid if you didn’t consider 2 naked pieces of bread pressed together to be a sandwich.

Which it is.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
there are basically two freeway exits we can take to get home, a 1 minute difference between the two. my GF and i disagree on which is superior - i take the exit which takes one minute longer in order to get off the freeway sooner

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I arranged to meet someone at a train station today and we had to pick which side of the station we were going to meet up on. I suggested the north side and they went "You mean the west side, right????" I was pretty sure the tracks ran east-west and they were pretty sure they ran north-south, but in the end we agreed to just turn up and find each other.

Afterwards I checked the layout of the tracks on google maps and it turns out they actually run southwest-northeast so neither of us was completely right or wrong.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Buce posted:

im left handed and I can’t imagine using a mouse with the left hand — it physically pains me to consider it. like, how could you gently caress up being left-handed that much? Do these people try to shift their (american) cars with their left hand too???

I'm right-handed and I use a mouse with my left hand. Someone told me that they did it so that they could keep their right hand free for writing so I tried doing that, but doing anything with my right hand while using a mouse with my left feels completely unnatural & makes me feel like a cartoon octopus or something.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I’m a righty that holds my knife and fork in the wrong hands, always have and now can’t manage it in the correct way at all.

Something something Jesus something;.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Extra row of tits posted:

I’m a righty that holds my knife and fork in the wrong hands, always have and now can’t manage it in the correct way at all.

Something something Jesus something;.

I'm a righty and hold the knife in my right and fork in the left while proceeding drop food 20 times because I can't use my left hand. If I try to cut with the left it would look equally ridiculous and sad.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bossy lady posted:

Whether or not "Avatar: the last airbender" is anime.

the movie or the nicktoon?
Neither one looks like anime

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Distinguishing what is and isn't anime is stupid and western, it's literally just a shorthand Japanese term on the english word "animation". Nothing more, nothing less. drat weebs.

Phineas and Ferb is anime, there I said it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

Distinguishing what is and isn't anime is stupid and western, it's literally just a shorthand Japanese term on the english word "animation". Nothing more, nothing less. drat weebs.

Phineas and Ferb is anime, there I said it.

I like Japanimation better

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

They're all cartoons

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Flintstones was an anime??

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

redshirt posted:

Nope, an animated sitcom

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

was the Flintsones from Japan?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

There's only one good anime and it's cowboy bebop. Yes, even the one you were just thinking of. No, don't post it, it sucks rear end.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

was the Flintsones from Japan?

Well with plate tectonics, maybe? It was millions of years ago.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

redshirt posted:

Well with plate tectonics, maybe? It was millions of years ago.

Gondwanamation

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Son of Rodney posted:

There's only one good anime and it's cowboy bebop. Yes, even the one you were just thinking of. No, don't post it, it sucks rear end.

Nope :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JH4YIXfNeA&t=12s

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

If everything is anime, nothing is.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

bossy lady posted:

If everything is anime, nothing is.

My life is an anime: I died and was reincarnated as a lovely cartoon cat who posts on a long dead forum?!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

My life is an anime: I died and was reincarnated as a lovely cartoon cat who posts on a long dead forum?!

what the gently caress are you doing here?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what the gently caress are you doing here?

Getting into dumb disagreements with strangers online.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

Getting into dumb disagreements with strangers online.

you said you were supposed to be on dead forums. Go back to Friendster or Myspace

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you said you were supposed to be on dead forums. Go back to Friendster or Myspace

If this isn't the dead gay forum then I'm lost.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

bring back friendster

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Its called "X" now.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

bring back friendster

:wink:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Its called "X" now.