Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Where are the rear end nanobots that just crawl through your dirty bowel and take little Polaroids? This camera on a stick technology is pretty lol

There’s a pill-sized camera you can swallow that will take pictures all the way through. You’ll still need to cleanse though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Management posted:

There’s a pill-sized camera you can swallow that will take pictures all the way through. You’ll still need to cleanse though.

give me the cleanse and the good drugs later with the robot camera rear end snake plz

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I'm looking forward to this again next month. I'm 60, and both of my parents had colon cancer, so I am in the "High Risk" category...

Great fun!

The prep they give me is supposedly lemon flavor. Kind of like lemon-flavored furniture polish, maybe.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Genesplicer posted:

I'm looking forward to this again next month. I'm 60, and both of my parents had colon cancer, so I am in the "High Risk" category...

Great fun!

The prep they give me is supposedly lemon flavor. Kind of like lemon-flavored furniture polish, maybe.

Have a jug sitting on my counter currently with a packet of lemon flavoring attached. My first time, so this should be fun.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I didn't really mind the taste. What really ground my gears was the shits

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Azrial posted:

Have a jug sitting on my counter currently with a packet of lemon flavoring attached. My first time, so this should be fun.

pro-tip. Do not stray more than 6 feet (2M) from your toilet.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
That stuff, hoo boy, gives you the shits. Don't make plans

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Bad Purchase posted:

lol were they playing torn while you got your rear end in a top hat torn?

The irony wasn't lost on me. The doctor was a tender and considerate anal invader though, no tearing.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8qhrURrQbI

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The Management posted:

I was just thinking about a cool little 360 orb camera you could swallow. That kicks rear end it actually exists!

E: What if they just use lasers to blow away your turds like cancer cells?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

E: What if they just use lasers to blow away your turds like cancer cells?

They tried that. The turds are converted into a gas, and the fartpressure is so great that it blasts the laser across the room.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Don't trust a fart!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Poison seems like the worst possible flavour when you want people to drink a full gallon of the stuff.

It's just laxative and electrolytes. I expected it to taste like terrible knock off Gatorade. But no, they decided to make it bitter. Like poison. Gah. This is terrible.

idk if your dr told you but you can use mixers. i usually mix the gallon of prep into a gallon of cool aid and drink two gallons.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
While I was waiting for them to finish prepping the OR for me I remember the guy in the room next to me frantically pressing the nurse buzzer because he had a last minute rear end blast coming. He was already hooked up to the IV and everything so he couldn’t run to the bathroom fast enough on his own. I felt bad but also lol’d because he was :f5: that buzzer with a fierceness.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

redshirt posted:

lol this guy cleanses.

I had a super easy time of it too. Learned a lot as well for the next MMA weigh in.

weigh in and the match, how would you react in a fight if your opponent started violently making GBS threads themselves?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lucky Guy posted:

weigh in and the match, how would you react in a fight if your opponent started violently making GBS threads themselves?

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Torquemada posted:

Mine didn't even really taste that bad, like salty lemonade maybe? Also no chance of mistakes, you drink the recommended amount and about 30 seconds later it comes out your rear end under high pressure. I also got a pat on the back for having an exceptionally clean colon. Also, the camera up the rear end sometimes has a little cauterization loop on it, so they can whip out any minor polyps as they go, which is pretty efficient.

A+ drug experience too, with a mix of midazolam and fentanyl they were playing Natalie Imbruglia in the theatre and I got to sing along and look at the inside of my own rear end at the same time.

I had four polyps cut off. I find out in 2 weeks if they were anything bad, I guess. Get to go back in 3-5 years.

Those are the drugs I got too. I found the drugs disappointing. People are dropping dead all over the place over fentanyl, and I didn't feel a thing. My back was a little sore from my degenerative disk disease when I went in, and it stayed the same amount of sore the whole time. For all I could tell I got placebos. I guess I have the "don't get addicted to narcotics" genes instead of the "see the face of god" genes. :mad:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I had one last week. It was actually my second attempt, they prescribed me pills because I couldn't get through the liquid prep without vomiting. The sad thing is it was the smaller prep I didn't even have to drink a gallon. Still couldn't do it. The pills apparently worked fine. They used propofol for the sedative and I barely felt like I had been out and I don't remember anything about the procedure. All I know is I checked out fine. They said to recheck in 5 years. I'm only 34 but my older brother got diagnosed with adenocarcinoma (he's doing well after undergoing treatment) so the doctor recommended I get one. All in all pretty unpleasant experience but it can literally save your life if you have a polyp that could become cancerous removed so I guess it's worth it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I. M. Gei posted:

so it tastes like the cucumber lime gatorade?

What the gently caress gently caress you

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Peggy Edson posted:

Is your doctor a 60+ white man op? If so then he's stuck in every medical practice from the 1970s. Get a doctor under 40 and maybe you wouldn't have needed to drink a gallon of poison lol

Next OP post: tips for applying leeches? These things are driving me crazy!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I thought the pics they give you after were pretty cool. Nice to know what the ol’ poop chute looks like from the inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Genesplicer posted:

Great fun!

:same:

Both parents had high risk, early, :airquote: unusual :airquote:* colon cancer, so I get to have a stranger take pictures inside my rear end in a top hat every two years for the rest of my life :thumbsup:

The prep is the worst part. I try to fixate on whatever extravagant meal I plan on getting after the procedure. Of course :lol: the procedure fucks me up and all I want is bar food when I wake up

*:airquote: unusual :airquote: as in if they actually lived the lifestyle they told the doctor, it would be very strange. Both of my parents have drank like fishes (dad was a heavy smoker as well) and eaten lovely processed food their entire lives.