Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I stopped watching wrestling around 2006 but then sometime in 2010 I decided to see if SA had a wrestling forum and WH2k made me start watching again so thanks/gently caress you.

Back when there used to be weekly PPV syncwatches someone did an intro to puro and that's what got me into Japanese wrestling and also made Kobashi my favourite wrestler. Kobashi/Misawa from 03 is still probably my favourite match.

Xerzes posted:

Without this subforum, I definitely never would have watched short-lived Sci-Fi Channel series Cha$e, which had Ricky Ortiz in one episode. He was fun.

I think about this show all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Taffy Torpedo posted:

I stopped watching wrestling around 2006 but then sometime in 2010 I decided to see if SA had a wrestling forum and WH2k made me start watching again so thanks/gently caress you.

Back when there used to be weekly PPV syncwatches someone did an intro to puro and that's what got me into Japanese wrestling and also made Kobashi my favourite wrestler. Kobashi/Misawa from 03 is still probably my favourite match.time.

It's an absolutely bonkers match. That insane Tiger Suplex from Misawa off the ramp lives in a part of my brain, absolute murder

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Much more recent but the post scrumbrawl gdt and the bump every time you remember cm punk is fragile threads getting goldmined because the poo poo posts were such high quality are things I think about often. Lots of laughs.

Also us all cracking up and posting through it after the wet fart that was the death match explosion being some sparklers and smoke.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Fools

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Memories:

-the LOLTNA threads, because WWE was just too bad to laugh at even back then, whereas the delusions of Dixie Carter and the people working for her were regularly producing some amazingly terrible stuff

-related: I lost the hard drive it was on years ago, but the one .gif I edited that someone made of the match where Sting did the Scorpion Deathdrop on someone, and yet managed to hit the back of his head on a chair that was in the ring and lost the match. I just freeze-framed the end of it and slapped the TNA logo on it

-the "recursive image" thread, where we started with the pic of Booker T holding the Scott Hall portrait, and then just kept adding pics of other wrestlers (either holding pictures or pointing at screens) to it, until I think we ended on the final image being all the other ones on Howard Finkel's monitor, or something like that

-AJ Styles receiving an "award" from some TNA fan site just after he'd quit TNA for good, looking completely disinterested in the pic they took of him with the award (and the site griping about him wearing his ROH cap in the pic). And then I edited the classic Feast or Fired "YOUR FIRED!!" screengrab into it, at which point some goon immediately tweeted it to him and he was all "lol, oh you guys". Probably my proudest moment on here :911:

(E: with bonus TNA fanboys griping on Twitter about how the person who made that clearly didn't know their English grammar and the difference between "your" and "you're", until it was pointed out to them that the graphic was taken directly from the TNA show itself :laugh:)

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 31, 2023

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Tony Khan should've put up some posters

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Is Lovin Nick Lovin still alive

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I loved the TEW 1996 WWF vs. WCW thread, and not just because I was a player. I tried to replicate the magic, but it never worked.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
the WCW memorial thread must have existed longer than WCW at this point

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
buttz krew

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Fish Of Doom posted:

I still miss the Punchsport Pisscast. The four hour ramblings made for a great listen at the job I was working at the time.

"I call him Kevin Steen"

They've missed out on some choice hall of fame inductions

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the only proper way to spell krewe is krewe.

https://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/parades/krewes

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I joined in 2014 so I was ten years too late to hop on the SA bandwagon, but this forum is what convinced me to want to sign up and pay :10bux:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I remember when it was called Wrestlehut2k, and the slogan, "where the big boys post".

Also:

Yeah!

That one dude who wanted to live inside Mickie James(?) butt that ended the buttz krew

We can't have nice things

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Fish Of Doom posted:

I still miss the Punchsport Pisscast. The four hour ramblings made for a great listen at the job I was working at the time.

"I call him Kevin Steen"

I miss the Monumental Podcast :(

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love
I've had this avatar since my team won whichever year was the 40-man rumble, honestly forget the whatever the context between Dolph and Henry was meant to be

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Majinfoose posted:

I remember when it was called Wrestlehut2k, and the slogan, "where the big boys post".

Also:

Yeah!

That one dude who wanted to live inside Mickie James(?) butt that ended the buttz krew

We can't have nice things

I wasn't on here then, but as a nice coincidence there was someone on the DVDVR forums who got banned for similar posts about wanting to live inside Mickie James or something equally creepy. Wrestling fans are universal in their terribleness I guess.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Found a .gif someone made of that "recursive image" I'd mentioned earlier

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

speaking of gifs - Jru made some amazing ones back in the day along with I think it was WresslorMonkey. They did the one of John Cena turning into a super sayian I believe. Or Claudio fighting Cena and everyone in the matrix freaking out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WrasslorMonkey made all the crazy cool creative ones, it blew me away how good they were and how quickly they made them. The ones they hotlinked to their own website should still be available in the old gif thread, but they also have their own website with collections of them

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 1, 2023

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
sir william black

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

WrasslorMonkey made all the crazy cool creative ones, it blew me away how good they were and how quickly they made them. The ones they hotlinked to their own website should still be available in the old gif thread, but they also have their own website with collections of them

I especially enjoyed the Marvel vs Capcom gifs

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Coaaab posted:

sir william black

Oh man that brought a whole lot back i forgot

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

Oh man that brought a whole lot back i forgot

Mike Santana and Oritz used to wrestle on that playground.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Is Lovin Nick Lovin still alive

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=10766&page=4

Last match June 2021. I remember that being one of the first threads in WH2K I bookmarked just to see how that guy was doing and then it just sort of fell off so :shrug:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Sexual Cornbread

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lid posted:

the WCW memorial thread must have existed longer than WCW at this point

wcw 4549 days
wcw thread 5077 as of today

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
live watching the chris benoit murder suicide thread was wild. i was was still lurking then. hell i was reading along to the forums with smackdown or raw in the background

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

wcw 4549 days
wcw thread 5077 as of today

Jerusalem asked me if I wanted to make a new thread when he was still mod and then someone pointed out the thread had been open almost as long as WCW so we should wait a year or whatever it was to let that happen.

Sort of forgot about making a new thread.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
WH2K was the sole reason I didn't completely abandon wrestling, with the RAW/SD live and discussion threads being far more entertaining than the WWE product at the time, which was awash with Firstname Secondname dudes in bland trunks and generic / bad tattoos. This subforum was also a great place to keep up to date on puro and indie related happenings, when shows were less accessible outside of inconsistent torrent links or heavily marked up import DVDs.

Barry Scott
Jan 2, 2009
WH2K got me back into wrestling after giving up on HHH's reign of terror! I dunno if should have been on here as a young teenager, but I can echo the sentiment that this is the most welcoming and least intimidating sub forum! I feel the posting style on the other subs is a lot more aggressive

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

WH2K helped me watch a lot of indie wrestling back in the day. Thanks WH2K

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

WH2K introduced me to New Japan, for which I am eternally grateful.

It also introduced me to that guy who had a Gamergate meltdown in one of the threads, for which I am also eternally grateful because it was extremely funny.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

There have been some legendary meltdowns around here.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Chris Benoit post is an all-timer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Jerusalem posted:

Thank you for this link, these are all great :worship: