Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Flipperwaldt posted:

The tags have the correct spelling already somehow, the file name I might have typed in manually, idk. File names will eventually derive from the tags when finalizing.

I did figure out the reason for me having 34 files against your 33 though and it's just a mistake on my end of not removing an updated file.

Also, for the record, the .wav versions aren't even updates over the MP3s. I provided them for Rupert (or you or whoever) to be able to have a lossless version available for album mastering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

ManiacClown posted:

Also, for the record, the .wav versions aren't even updates over the MP3s. I provided them for Rupert (or you or whoever) to be able to have a lossless version available for album mastering.
That was clear. I'm just grabbing the best, most original file available to go in the archive. I don't have the expertise to do any mastering. If it mattered enough to you to post wavs for that purpose, I'd like to preserve the option that someone or some process in the future can take full benefit of that. Storage is cheap enough.

The main reason there has ever been talk about mastering in these threads was loudness differences between recordings. These days it's pretty easy to just have software calculate and set a non-destructive replaygain value tag that will instruct most music players to automatically adjust their playback volume on a per track basis.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
Not really related to the thread, but last night, I did another one of those insomnia induced volca-guitar-bass jams I've been doing randomly since September, so I guess technically it's Christmas music?

https://soundcloud.com/the_door_is_scary/12-24-2023a

Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKFkPAVqdvA

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 25, 2023

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Thanks again, everyone. It wouldn't be the same without winding down to everyone's submissions after Christmas each year.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

The album cover reminded me I needed to get Disco Elysium in the Steam winter sale. I've been playing it for the last few days. It's wonderfully weird.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

I've implemented the track order compiled by ManiacClown. The temporary link is down. New and updated links for this year are the following:

Downloads
2023 on Google Drive
2009-2023 on Google Drive
◍ BitTorrent:
 ▷ Torrents per year duplicating my Google Drive

Playlists
Fawf
 ▷ 2022 - 2023

Flipperwaldt
 ▷ 2023 on SoundCloud (27/33 tracks): here

The torrents are for convenience's sake, but due to my paltry home internet connection not for speed. Consider seeding, in case I get hit by a bus or something.

Thanks to all organizing and contributing and even just the votes for the album art. Hope to see you all healthy and well in a wonderful 2024!

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 30, 2023

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Honestly my favorite way to listen to these is on YouTube. Is anyone planning to reupload the album there?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Flipperwaldt posted:

I've implemented the track order compiled by ManiacClown. The temporary link is down. New and updated links for this year are the following:

Downloads
2023 on Google Drive
2009-2023 on Google Drive
◍ BitTorrent:
 ▷ Torrents per year duplicating my Google Drive

Playlists
Fawf
 ▷ 2022

Flipperwaldt
 ▷ 2023 on SoundCloud (27/33 tracks): here

The torrents are for convenience's sake, but due to my paltry home internet connection not for speed. Consider seeding, in case I get hit by a bus or something.

Thanks to all organizing and contributing and even just the votes for the album art. Hope to see you all healthy and well in a wonderful 2024!

Thank you so much for having these all hosted, it's truly appreciated!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Yeah sorry that is indeed genuinely 2022 on YouTube, which I found out about in this year's thread, hence its inclusion. I guess the story there is that last year there were executive decisions to be made that I kept avoiding and there wasn't an official link until late February, so no playlist order to upload these to YouTube either. You obviously can't expect people to hold on to that Christmas boner until then and hope they volunteer in March to pick up the pieces. Many thanks to Fawf for following up in November, as indeed for the other YouTube uploads in the last few years.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Honestly my favorite way to listen to these is on YouTube. Is anyone planning to reupload the album there?

I'll get them up there for you

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Flipperwaldt posted:

Yeah sorry that is indeed genuinely 2022 on YouTube, which I found out about in this year's thread, hence its inclusion. I guess the story there is that last year there were executive decisions to be made that I kept avoiding and there wasn't an official link until late February, so no playlist order to upload these to YouTube either. You obviously can't expect people to hold on to that Christmas boner until then and hope they volunteer in March to pick up the pieces. Many thanks to Fawf for following up in November, as indeed for the other YouTube uploads in the last few years.

It's no trouble! I'm happy to contribute to this project in whatever capacity I'm able. Speaking of which:

:siren:This year's album is now also on YouTube!:siren:

e: ah just saw this lol ^^^

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Thank you. I was going to do it, but then I realized I don't have the tools/don't remember how to do it. :negative:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Fawf posted:

It's no trouble! I'm happy to contribute to this project in whatever capacity I'm able. Speaking of which:

i hadn't even gotten it started so thank you!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

:blessed:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Fawf posted:

Hell yeah thanks!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I can't wait to unleash this year's album on my friends at our White Elephant party next Saturday.

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023
The fact I threw together a total piece of poo poo past the cut off date, and got included in the album, is amazing.

Cheers Goons!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Piss And Shittium posted:

The fact I threw together a total piece of poo poo past the cut off date, and got included in the album, is amazing.

Cheers Goons!

Every song is special and makes these threads a little more fun. Can't wait for next year's album.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I'm gonna start procrastinating on next year's song right now.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Happy Nine Consecutive Years Of Me Playing This At Full Blast Into The Neighborhood At The Stroke Of Midnight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h93CNVoRik4

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Happy Nine Consecutive Years Of Me Playing This At Full Blast Into The Neighborhood At The Stroke Of Midnight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h93CNVoRik4

A masterpiece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I've already begun writing Trees and Trees for next year. This will be a Gavrilo Princip and the Leon Czolgosz All-Stars joint because I'll need people for the "TNT" and "Oi!" equivalents.