Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Stiev Awt posted:

Just remembered I liked Ahmed Johnson.

we found the one Ahmed Johnson fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

something i liked about him was that he seemed like a bubble man due to all his pads and the fat hanging out between the different parts of the pads. i didn't think of it as fat back then. i just thought he was interesting. even to this day i bet people think back and don't remember him as anything but an extremely jacked muscle freak because of all those pads and strings tied around his arms. and he was very muscular but he was also a cool cool michelin man. i guess my point is, he had only gained 70 pounds by the time he went to wcw and was extremely fat and still very cool, rather than 200 pounds like it might have seemed or did in my head until i looked back upon history

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Cavauro posted:

something i liked about him was that he seemed like a bubble man due to all his pads and the fat hanging out between the different parts of the pads. i didn't think of it as fat back then. i just thought he was interesting. even to this day i bet people think back and don't remember him as anything but an extremely jacked muscle freak because of all those pads and strings tied around his arms. and he was very muscular but he was also a cool cool michelin man. i guess my point is, he had only gained 70 pounds by the time he went to wcw and was extremely fat and still very cool, rather than 200 pounds like it might have seemed or did in my head until i looked back upon history

I remember Ron Simmons coming back from injury to shoot on Ahmed and destroy his WWF career. Made me realize at the time how much of a badass Ron Simmons was.

Also I’ll never get over Bob Holly’s “oh poo poo” reaction to having to work against Haku.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I went to a house show in like 95ish that included The Ringmaster Steve Austin main evented by Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart and I remember none of that, the only thing I recall (very clearly) was Ahmed Johnson. Not sure I'd ever seen a black person before and then all of a sudden, wham, giant glistening god

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol the ringmaster classic vince

----------------

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

I went to a house show in like 95ish that included The Ringmaster Steve Austin main evented by Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart and I remember none of that, the only thing I recall (very clearly) was Ahmed Johnson. Not sure I'd ever seen a black person before and then all of a sudden, wham, giant glistening god

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I mean look at him. WOAH!

----------------

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0-gLJbqWo

Ahmed was already out of the WWF by the time I started watching, but I had War Zone, so this was all I had to go on.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmhJgtwhqoI

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I just posted in the big WCW thread in PSP for the first time since 2015, and a look at my posting history reveals a solid 1/3 of my posts were about Glacier...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Always been a fan of KaiEnTai. When you needed someone to squash, they were there. When jobbers were needed to fill time, they were there. And they were great every time.

Steve Blackman never really got over and I think it's because he was a few years ahead of the MMA thing breaking through. Which is weird because Ken Shamrock worked for like a minute. Kind of a proto-Angle.

Wasn't a WCW guy at all, but for some reason I liked how puffy Buff Bagwell was. And his dumb hat.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
when I was a kid I really liked Papa Shango and thought he was so cool but apparently everyone else really hated the gimmick and that’s why he only lasted a year

put a big guy in skull makeup and little kid me was 100% sold. this still applies to adult me.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ghosthorse posted:

when I was a kid I really liked Papa Shango and thought he was so cool but apparently everyone else really hated the gimmick and that’s why he only lasted a year

put a big guy in skull makeup and little kid me was 100% sold. this still applies to adult me.

cursing the ultimate warrior to puke up green vomit ftw

----------------

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

FilthyImp posted:

Steve Blackman never really got over and I think it's because he was a few years ahead of the MMA thing breaking through. Which is weird because Ken Shamrock worked for like a minute. Kind of a proto-Angle.

Kind of the same thing with Glacier I think aside from the dumb gimmick they stuck him with. If he'd started a few years later maybe he'd have been WCW's answer to Blackman instead of a Subzero ripoff. Shamrock worked because he'd already wrestled in Japan too for a bit with the UWF so he knew how to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

Yujiro Takahashi always looks like he's on hardcore SSRIs and its a vibe

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)