Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
First fight just started if you are one of the 8 people who care to watch

LobsterMobster posted:

sorry to interrupt a lively and entertaining discussion, but well...

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren:

PFL 10: World Championships - Friday, November 11

We’ve made it to the fireworks factory. Well, maybe it’s just the sparkler store. Either way, it’s the PFL Championships. There are six world titles at stake tonight, so let’s jump right into the card breakdown.

The prelims start with some guys. Jesse Stirn versus Josh Blyden and Khai Wu versus Phil Caracappa. There are no notable things I can find to say about these four men.

Next up is the rubber match between Bubba “Bad Man” Jenkins and “The Long Island Killer” Chris Wade. Wade took the first meeting in 2021 by decision, and Jenkins returned the favor this year. Both men are wrestlers who fell to 2022 champ Brendan Loughnane, and both lost in the playoffs of 2023. Because they are so similar, they hate each other immensely.

Then there’s the contractually obligated Biaggio Ali Walsh Amateur Hours Showcase match. Did you know: Biaggio Ali Walsh is the grandson of Muhammed Ali?

To show how much PFL really doesn’t want either guy here, the Featherweight title bout is the Prelim Main Event as Jesus Pinedo takes on Gabriel Alves Braga. These two met at PFL 1 this year, with Braga taking a split decision. Another thing to keep an eye on is that Pinedo missed weight for his playoff bout against Bubba Jenkins. Will he hit 145.0 on the dot against Braga? Or will it be a shitshow?

To start the main card, we have a classic Big Dumb Idiot Fight as Ray “Bradda Boy” Cooper III makes his Middleweight debut against former UFC participant Derek Brunson. At 5’7”, Cooper was severely undersized as a Welterweight, but he just punched people in the face, real fuckin hard, so most of the time that didn’t matter that much. Here, he’s giving up half a foot of reach and height. Let’s hope both guys embrace how stupid this matchup is and just swang hammers at each other until someone falls over. Or, more likely, Brunson just wrestles the hell out of Cooper.

Next up, we’ve got the last non-title fight as Kayla Harrison takes on Aspen Ladd. Harrison has not fought in over a year since losing for the first time ever to Larissa Pacheco in the tournament finals. This is also just the second time she’s making the Featherweight limit, having done a trial run in Invicta in 2020. Ladd is on a one-fight win streak, submitting Karolina Sobek back in June.

We are now at the start of five straight title fights. For the Light Heavyweight title, Impa Kasanganay faces off against Josh Silveira. Impa’s riding a five fight, four finish win streak, while Josh has won three in a row, all by first round stoppage. What happens when two guys with power that know the other guy has power meet? You guessed it: Tepid Kickboxing!

In the Welterweight title bout, we finally get our required dosage of B-League Magomed, as Magomed Magomedkerimov faces “The Swedish Denzel” Sadibou Sy. Magomedkerimov hasn’t lost since he failed to capture the 2021 PFL title, winning five in a row. Sy, on a seven fight win streak of his own, took home the 2022 PFL belt and is looking to go back to back. I feel like I should have made a reference to a Denzel movie, but I’m tired. So very tired.

Larissa Pacheco is looking to become Featherweight champ with her tenth straight win as she faces Marina Mokhnatkina. Marina has won five in a row, including three finishes, while Pacheco has 7 stoppage wins in her streak, all coming inside the first round. With Amanda Nunes retired, we need Pacheco to continue the proud tradition of a hard punching Brazilian 145er. Let’s go, Larissa!

In the co-main event, we’ve got BIG BEEF’UM BOI ACTION! Renan Ferreira faces off against Denis Goltsov. Ferreira has won two in a row, while Goltsov has won five straight, his last loss coming in 2021. But really, the story here is both guys are mildly cursed. Goltsov’s Tapology page is full of fight cancellations, withdrawals, and rebookings. He’s 10-2 in PFL, and has had 9 other fights fall apart. As for Ferreira, his curse has taken the form of Weird poo poo Going On. Renan is 5-1 in PFL with 3 No Contests. The first one came in 2021 against Fabricio Werdum. Ferreira was originally declared the victor by ground and pound TKO, but video review showed he actually tapped to Werdum’s triangle choke prior to escaping (And he only escaped because Werdum thought he had just won) and beginning the punching. Next up, Renan lost a decision to Klidson Abreu in 2022, but that was overturned when Klidson failed a test for an unspecified banned substance. Then Ferreira dropped another decision to Rizvan Kuniev in 2023, but Kuniev tested positive for the following anabolic steroids: drostanolone, metenelone, boldenone, and 19-norandrosterone. So this fight actually taking place and the result not getting changed after the fact is going to be a tough loving journey, a real hard row to hoe.

We are finally at the main event, the Lightweight title bout between “Cassius” Clay Collard and “The Canadian Gangster” Olivier Aubin-Mercier. Collard has won all three of his 2023 PFL bouts by punching, punching, just endlessly punching people. His strategy to counter anything done by his opponent is to punch them, many times. OAM has won 9 in a row, including taking home the 2022 170 lb title over Stevie Ray. He has not tasted defeat since 2019. This should be an exceptional card, because OAM will try to not get punched, but buddy, if you think you ain’t getting punched while in a fight against Clay Collard, you’ve got another thing coming. That other thing? You guessed it, punches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
pour one out for chris wade and bubba jenkins, having to wait till next year for their definitive rubber match because wade missed weight

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

congratulations to 2024 PFL tournament champion logan storley

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was a decent scrap

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I don’t know what this is but I’m drunk and need something to watch when I get home so let’s gooooo.

Didn’t read the whole op, is there gonna be any ladder matches or anything?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CarlCX posted:

congratulations to 2024 PFL tournament champion logan storley

he's gonna have to beat a lot of magomeds for that to happen

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Sandman McMahon posted:

I don’t know what this is but I’m drunk and need something to watch when I get home so let’s gooooo.

Didn’t read the whole op, is there gonna be any ladder matches or anything?

What if, instead of high-stakes acrobatic maneuvers off of a ladder, you had: People clinching for 25 minutes

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

CarlCX posted:

What if, instead of high-stakes acrobatic maneuvers off of a ladder, you had: People clinching for 25 minutes

If they’re comically large or have funny haircuts that’s probably good enough for me

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Second fight was less good than the first, but we did get some nice blood

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

drat, face plant KO

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bit quick stoppage but not gonna hate it.

really good left to start it off

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

derek brunson

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hate this sport

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gently caress you derek brunson!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

They paid money for Derek Brunson. They convinced investors Derek Brunson was worth it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

They paid money for Derek Brunson. They convinced investors Derek Brunson was worth it.

they told the saudis they got randleman

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Time for 5 title fights. In a row!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So a possibility of 125 minutes of PFL "action"

Feel like this is against the Geneva Convention somehow

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

mmm, tepid.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I appreciate Magomed's honesty of saying his plan is to grind Sy out for 25 minutes. Why bother looking for a finish?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

So a possibility of 125 minutes of PFL "action"

Feel like this is against the Geneva Convention somehow

i am ready to confess

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

I appreciate Magomed's honesty of saying his plan is to grind Sy out for 25 minutes. Why bother looking for a finish?

Well that didn't go according to plan

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

well now i look like an rear end in a top hat

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LobsterMobster posted:

What a liar!

But I appreciate it so we don't see 3 more rounds

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Pacheco time!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

Pacheco time!

lobmob, why was there so much pacheco time

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

lobmob, why was there so much pacheco time

i dont know, carl

I DONT KNOW

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wow a finish

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

Wow a finish

is that legal????

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The full main card had a potential total of 31 rounds;155 minutes

We got to witness 24 complete rounds and just around 120 minutes in total

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

You didn't watch that show, you survived it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CarlCX posted:

You didn't watch that show, you survived it.

i need a raise.