Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Yeah, industry regulations stipulate virgin oak barrels for bourbon, so the barrels are cheap af after one batch, which is why they get bought up for use with everything from Scotch and beer to maple syrup and coffee beans.

The bourbon barrel aged cherry janjerel is legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You Are A Werewolf posted:

I was at a thrift store earlier perusing the books and a Guinness Book of World Records from 2000 caught my eye. Not because I really gave a poo poo about it, but because it was such a paltry thin book with a foil cover to make it stand out. When I was a kid, I remember Guinness Books being these hefty almanacs chock full of records and facts, and the fact that this book from 2000 was around a quarter of the older books made me think they’re not the cultural thing they once were and haven’t been for some time.

Maybe they got so far up their rear end with weird new records no one cared about like “most ‘Baby Got Back’s sung in a row while spanking your bare rear end to the beat and hopping on one foot with the other leg draped around your neck”? Like, I haven’t even thought about any new records being broken since that book from 2000 was originally printed. Does anyone really care anymore?

I have a book from around that time (that I bought back then), it's pretty substantial hardcover thing. Not home right now so I can't dig it up.

Anyway no I don't think anyone cares nowadays. If you want a funny video about someone obsessed with them, check out this
https://youtu.be/0twDETh6QaI?feature=shared

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I'm still impressed by the guy who ate an airplane.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

MrQwerty posted:

I'm pretty sure your extensive research on Mr. Johnson is eligible for one

Oh.... Really...?

Well, I'd just break my own record with an upcoming post/thread I've been working on.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

Oh.... Really...?

Well, I'd just break my own record with an upcoming post/thread I've been working on.

:lol:

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Got one of these books back in 199? for Christmas. I was scarred for life when I saw the woman with the largest breasts. It wasn't the breasts, it was her face.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I mainly remember the images of the steepest street and the guy with the giant collection of Barbie dolls.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
World record holder:

Biggest small dick

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I mainly remember the images of the steepest street and the guy with the giant collection of Barbie dolls.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

:golfclap:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

fish and chips and dip posted:

I haven't given a poo poo about that since I was like 14 I think.

I think that may be a world record, have you had it officiated?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Someone should buy a whole shitload of guiness record books and then have them come and record the burning of those books and make that a new category.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Someone should buy a whole shitload of guiness record books and then have them come and record the burning of those books and make that a new category.

Guinness World Record for burning most Guinness World Records

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

redshirt posted:

Guinness World Record for burning most Guinness World Records

Thats the poo poo I'm talkin' bout bitch!!

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023
The issue with it is the fact that any stupid piece of poo poo can be a record. Someone did an easy record like they touched their nose the most times in a minute? Well just do the same but jump up and down at the same time, and you've created a new record. It was just loving stupid and required zero talent.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I went through a Guinness World Record phase AMA

For example I set the world record for standing ontop of a bureau during a party in Saco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Now I'm feeling nostalgic for being 5 years old, when bold early 90's graphic design was the HEIGHT of sophistication