Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

klosterdev posted:

I want a Swordbong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I'm considering what kind of sword I'd get.

Can a sword expert summarize the main categories?

Like there's Japanese swords, broad swords, those cool curved swords, etc.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

* Stabby
* Choppy
* Decorative

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

redshirt posted:

You're an American; get a gun sword.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

got you covered right here homie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOaEjJz-6jg

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

SWORDSTORESPREE

Jan 22, 2024
Does your Mall have Life?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Ive got the only sword I need :smuggo:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Grey Cat posted:

Ive got the only sword I need :smuggo:

The broken shaft from dark souls 1?

Gottem 👊

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The broken shaft from dark souls 1?

Gottem 👊

Doing an SL1 run through life. :(

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Grey Cat posted:

Doing an SL1 run through life. :(

Just means you’re hardcore.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

mall sells weed. mall weed i been calling it

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Does my lightsaber replica count?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I'm a cold steel sword dad

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Haverchuck posted:

I'm a cold steel sword dad

Whelp I guess some people can make mistakes in life. More swords > fatherhood.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I prefer the Warhammer store but I main Sisters so it's a crapshoot if they have what I'm looking for most times.

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

There's a grocery store and a gun shop in the mall nearest me.

It's like dawn of the dead.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I used to have two swords, a katana and some welsh one with swirly markings on it.

I threw them away the last time we did a garbage dump run, because, well, they are swords.

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004

No sword stores that I've seen around here, but there is a liquidation store that has a few swords and a bat'leth hanging on the wall. I've only ever seen it from the outside but that bat'leth has been there for a long time.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the good mall has a restoration hardware. the dirt mall has a restoration hardware outlet. this is a weird place to live

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

come to think of it, the outlet mall also has a restoration hardware. who is buying all of that overpriced garbage?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

GTD Aquitaine posted:

No sword stores that I've seen around here, but there is a liquidation store that has a few swords and a bat'leth hanging on the wall. I've only ever seen it from the outside but that bat'leth has been there for a long time.

This reminded me that there is a "Military Surplus" store in town. Maybe 40 years ago it was an actual military surplus store but it hasn't been for years. They do sell used hunting rifles and there is a wall of combat knives and swords including katanas and a bat'leth. The rest is just (brand new) camo fatigues made in China, overpriced winter jackets and overalls, overpriced hiking and combat boots(made in China), dehydrated food(made in China). So I guess their source for military surplus is the Chinese military. American flags hang everywhere.

Nothing wrong with any of that as far as being a business to make money, but the branding is just so insulting to anyone's sensibilities. I'm sure it appeals to 15 year old boys with $100 to burn though. I stopped in with my brother in law when he was visiting, like it was a tourist attraction; it was fun.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Internetjack posted:

This reminded me that there is a "Military Surplus" store in town. Maybe 40 years ago it was an actual military surplus store but it hasn't been for years. They do sell used hunting rifles and there is a wall of combat knives and swords including katanas and a bat'leth. The rest is just (brand new) camo fatigues made in China, overpriced winter jackets and overalls, overpriced hiking and combat boots(made in China), dehydrated food(made in China). So I guess their source for military surplus is the Chinese military. American flags hang everywhere.

the military surplus store where i grew up (northern california) mainly sold 1980's west german army stuff when i was a teenager, and now for some reason they seem to have a lot of finnish stuff and some british. the guys that run the store are indian. they do have amercan paratrooper boots tho. i guess it's just whatever the best deals they can get are?

they also have random us army documents like manuals for outdated jeep engines and poo poo like that

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I was just in my local Army/Navy and they had BudK branded brass knuckles in the knife case. I bought a beef stew MRE.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Extra row of tits posted:

I used to have two swords, a katana and some welsh one with swirly markings on it.

I threw them away the last time we did a garbage dump run, because, well, they are swords.

This made me visibly upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Wifi Toilet posted:

The zombie green swords brought up a thought, can you put truck nuts on a sword? Like make the end of the handle (I don't know sword words, hilt, pommel?) out of a truck nuts?

e: I guess this is kinda close, but not veiny enough

https://youtu.be/oaqhVm5ekYA?si=GZ7W2CbCT1-e0fC_