Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mine doesn't. It had a Victornix that had cuckoo clocks but that's gone now and besides swords and knives are different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah like in 2005

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol who has "a mall"?

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I could've sworn coach mcguirk bought the swords at the mall but I looked up the clip and no, those were two different episodes and he bought the swords drunk watching an infomercial and went to the mall drunk just because duh. Totally unrelated incidents.

Thanks for making me rewatch some home movies I guess that poo poo holds up.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

great big cardboard tube posted:

I could've sworn coach mcguirk bought the swords at the mall but I looked up the clip and no, those were two different episodes and he bought the swords drunk watching an infomercial and went to the mall drunk just because duh. Totally unrelated incidents.

Thanks for making me rewatch some home movies I guess that poo poo holds up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEpJxyer4E

One of the funniest scenes in the entire show easily

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Yeah the nearest mall to me does have a sword store, it's also a good place to get your trump flags and American flag bandanas.

Edit: also if you need the punisher logo engraved on anything that's your place

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
My town doesn't even have a mall. Thank god.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
The death of the north american mall has rendered 90% of zombie prep plans irrelevant

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

lol yeah it did actually, I think its long since shut down. Theres a Harry Potter store now though which is potentially even lamer.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I feel bad for y'all, the Maine Mall is still kickin'! No sword store though.

There is a crystal store though, for the opposite effect.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I haven’t been there in years op so maybe

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

My mall as an s-word store but not a sword store. Was very upset when I went there.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Did you know you can 3d-print swords now? They're completely untraceable, too!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buttchocks posted:

Did you know you can 3d-print swords now? They're completely untraceable, too!

You wouldn't download a katana

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

One of the malls in my city has a military nuts store. They sell airsoft guns and assorted brainworms poo poo.

They also proudly put up a Israel flag recently.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

NoiseAnnoys posted:

lol who has "a mall"?

I have moved around a bit and have found thriving indoor malls in colder climates

Saw a sword store in a Washington State mall this month

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

I have moved around a bit and have found thriving indoor malls in colder climates

Saw a sword store in a Washington State mall this month

No joke, the Maine Mall is about as busy as I remember it in the 80's. They lost one big store which has not yet been replaced - Sears (and they had a good chunk of real estate). But otherwise just about every other spot is open, it's always busy when I go there, the food court is kickin, Spencer's is well stocked with Fart Spray, and Mrs Fields got some fresh cookies.

Dec 11, 2023
nah, every store around here sells pocket-sized pepper spray

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Ours has Dicks, Victorias Secret, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and a weekly farmer's market.

Even if there was swords I wouldn't buy one because I'm not a loving weeb. I'd much prefer to craft my weapons at the forge.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Grey Cat posted:

Even if there was swords I wouldn't buy one because I'm not a loving weeb. I'd much prefer to craft my weapons at the forge.

I saw the sword store in a West Coast state

The East Coast Mall I frequent has like 3 shooting galleries and a martial arts studio

As far as weebs go though, both had a store called Otaku House. I've never gone inside because I am also not a weeb but they apparently just sell anime wall scrolls, tshirts, and plastic statues of goku that I assume people crank it to

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
The mall I went to growing up got bulldozed a few years ago and turned into an Amazon distribution center that has never opened for business

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I got my first boner staring at the giant fake claymore thing with a big gold skull on the hilt. Now this was last week, but still

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I live near the mall from Dawn of the Dead, the original movie. It's still a pretty good mall, it has the cheapest movie theater around (4.50 for a matinee ticket) and most of the storefronts are filled. Lots of unique small businesses plus the mall standards of Hot Topic, Bath and Body Works, and Victoria's Secret.

Every year they do a Living Dead Weekend that's pretty great, I wonder how much of the year's revenue comes from this one weekend for some of these shops.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Yes, although I do live in the town of Whiterun in the province of Skyrim.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The local trebuchet dealership just closed down

Thanks, Biden

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the mall near me died a death of neglect and apathy in 2013 op

the area is better off without it

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yeah, it's still there, Yggdrassil's Gauntlet.

Swords, crystals, dreamcatchers. Old cat sitting in the window. Yggdrasil's Gauntlet has everything. Open 1-4pm, M/W/F.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Space Kablooey posted:

One of the malls in my city has a military nuts store. They sell airsoft guns and assorted brainworms poo poo.

They also proudly put up a Israel flag recently.

Wait, they sell that crap but not camo truck nuts? wtf?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
How many swords do we own?

My little brother has given me two, so I have two. I got drunk and started to sharpen the better one and haven't touched it since.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

istewart posted:

Wait, they sell that crap but not camo truck nuts? wtf?

nope but then I've never seen a truck nuts in the wild in my country, so I'd like to think we still have some standards

e: yet

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 11, 2023

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

My local sword store review posted:

So I bought the Nazgûl broadsword with the scabbard and I noticed that the belt system doesn’t even make sense or work in any positions I’ve tried on. Everything is completely wrong to how it should have been made and one of the buttons snapped off as I picked it up. Now I have to go make a custom belt just to wear it. If you’re going to charge for an actual sword make sure it’s functional to put on or don’t add a belt system so people don’t expect it not to work. Otherwise the rest of it is fine.

Look at this guy who thinks the blade of the Nazgul should be belted for a puny human haha what a fool

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

When covid lockdowns started my friend bought a sword because he thought he’d need it incase society really went down the pan and he needed to defend his home and the sword was a replica of the sword from Kill Bill lol

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Putting a Glamdring replica on layaway for the holidays

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
The mall has a Asian Gifts shop which has swords in it but I was more fascinated by a bunch of model train displays taking over several empty shops.

naem
May 29, 2011

Pimpcasso posted:

The mall I went to growing up got bulldozed a few years ago and turned into an Amazon distribution center that has never opened for business

it’s the american dream

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chrs posted:

When covid lockdowns started my friend bought a sword because he thought he’d need it incase society really went down the pan and he needed to defend his home and the sword was a replica of the sword from Kill Bill lol
most honorable hanzo steel

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Yeah like in 2005

eyah thats about the right timeframe for me too, mine was called Chesapeake Knife & Tool

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think secret sword stores are out there

i used i live in san francisco and one night i was walking around the neighborhood on a quiet residential street and one of the garages was open and literally every loving wall in the place was covered in swords. mounted on really nice racks all lit up like it was a museum or something. just in a random little garage. i lived in that neighborhood for years but it was only ever open that one time

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Coolguye posted:

the mall near me died a death of neglect and apathy in 2013 op

the area is better off without it

Should have had an Apple store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its not in a mall but we have a store called DRAGON IMPACT and its loving wild