Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Official timeout, Jawaan Taylor is in the backfield again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

all i hear is *waaaaahhhh*

I wasn't even one of the ones whining about it I made fun of Chiefs fans for complaining about refs. But if yall gonna be still talking about this...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fsif posted:

I don't know what the argument is against calling it. Remove the offensive offsides penalty entirely? Don't call it in the final two minutes?

The flag was thrown well before the play went for a touchdown; it's not like the refs knew it would be a pivotal play.

My argument is call the penalty or don't call it. Putting Toney's level of culpability (it's extremely high, he's an incompetent shmuck) to one side for the moment, going from basically never calling the penalty to obviously cracking down on it it specifically in response to Mahomes and Reid is pathetic and only makes it look like they had a point in the first play -- that the officiating is inconsistent.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MJeff posted:

My argument is call the penalty or don't call it. Putting Toney and the Chiefs to one side for the moment, going from basically never calling the penalty to obviously cracking down on it it specifically in response to Mahomes and Reid is pathetic and only makes it look like they had a point in the first play -- that the officiating is inconsistent.

What if Toney lined up another two inches forward, would you be ok with that? What about six? What if he was literally straddling the LOS? You see the problem here?

It's a penalty. They are allowed to call it and they should on extremely blatant situations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

What if Toney lined up another two inches forward, would you be ok with that? What about six? What if he was literally straddling the LOS? You see the problem here?

It's a penalty. They are allowed to call it and they should on extremely blatant situations.

Yeah and the situation in Detroit on Saturday was so extremely blatant that the broadcast was openly befuddled by it and it took like twenty minutes before somebody found a picture of a guard's helmet like an inch over the football.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anybody have a crazy football dream lately?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

Vivid images of Andey back in the orange and black

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

MJeff posted:

My argument is call the penalty or don't call it. Putting Toney's level of culpability (it's extremely high, he's an incompetent shmuck) to one side for the moment, going from basically never calling the penalty to obviously cracking down on it it specifically in response to Mahomes and Reid is pathetic and only makes it look like they had a point in the first play -- that the officiating is inconsistent.

Well yeah, and the ocean is wet. There isn't a single NFL watcher who actually thinks the refs are consistent. It's like the main thing we hate about reffing in the NFL.

However, it's not like the call was never seen before. It's been an obvious point of emphasis for the entire season, well before Toney's blatant offsides. It was called 12 times in the season before that one, mostly against OL, but twice against WRs (both Lions and Saints had a WR get an offensive offsides).

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I can see the line of scrimmage clearly when watching the game on tv, these chuckleheads should look down at it when lining up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I can see the line of scrimmage clearly when watching the game on tv, these chuckleheads should look down at it when lining up.

It's bright blue for a reason! How is this dope missing it?!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Hello yes I'm here to die on the hill labeled "Don't Call Obvious Penalties Because"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
It sucks when I get a speeding ticket for going 5 over because yeah, I was technically in the wrong but it’s super minor and they let people off with a warning all the time. When I get pulled over for going 30 over in a school zone, well.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dudes are lining up offsides because they're trying to gain an advantage, not because they don't know where to line up. They've been playing football since they were children, they know where to loving line up. They're pushing the limits of the rules, like defenders who play up to and slightly beyond what is holding or DPI knowing that most of the time they'll probably get away with it. Chiefs fans should be mad at Toney for pushing the envelope in a gotta-have-it late game situation.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Chiefs fans can have that false start back if they give the eagles their DPI back

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
My team should be allowed to break any rule and get away with it. Every penalty called is proof of a conspiracy.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

So here's a weird thing.

Colts suspended Tony Brown and Isaiah McKenzie for three games for conduct detrimental to the team but nobody knows exactly what they did. There are rumors it's because they went hunting and killed protected birds on the trip. I think it's probably because they complained about playing time but nobody knows for sure yet.

Not that I believe it but that would have to be the weirdest suspension ever right

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

Joe Flacco is leading the Browns to a super bowl

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cavauro posted:

Yeah, the Chiefs won the super bowl again on a game-winning play from Kadarius Toney

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Codependent Poster posted:

So here's a weird thing.

Colts suspended Tony Brown and Isaiah McKenzie for three games for conduct detrimental to the team but nobody knows exactly what they did. There are rumors it's because they went hunting and killed protected birds on the trip. I think it's probably because they complained about playing time but nobody knows for sure yet.

https://twitter.com/NateAtkins_/status/1737531623447417228?s=20
Real :tinfoil: vibes going on.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Must've had a truck full of dead bald eagles

The Bears ex DC was the getaway driver :tinfoil:

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 20, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/JCTSports/status/1737571092808581147?s=20

Views:
Actually admitting that your offense relies on DPI :flag: is :chloe:.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Hello yes I'm here to die on the hill labeled "Don't Call Obvious Penalties Because"

I'm usually on your side but this went against my team so therefore swallow your whistles like the NBA thanks in advance

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

like the whole lockers?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

sharknado slashfic posted:

Not that I believe it but that would have to be the weirdest suspension ever right

idk, homeboy seems to care about wildlife. I could see him horking a rail, hearing they shot a bird, and ordering them suspended

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

like the whole lockers?

Well yeah, they're full of dead birds

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:
https://twitter.com/JCTSports/status/1737571092808581147?s=20

Views:
Actually admitting that your offense relies on DPI :flag: is :chloe:.

As much as he sucks teams rely on the DPI late game and WRs across the league will exaggerate contact during the last few heaves in a 2 minute drill

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

An elite dpi WR is a thing of beauty as long as he's on your team

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I understand that everybody does it, but saying the quiet part out loud like that seems like a great way for you to never get a DPI again.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Under throw Dpi into tush push is elite playcalling

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Please close this thread as we're on Week 16, BrownThunder.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My favorite thing about the Toney offsides touchdown is that he had quit on the play. The only reason he was standing alone on his side of the field is because he was in the midst of tantrum because he didn’t get the ball.

I wanted the Chiefs to win but drat I’m glad he didn’t get rewarded for that poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chiefs fans should be mad at Toney for pushing the envelope in a gotta-have-it late game situation.

I suspect you won't find a surfeit of Chiefs fans who are not mad at Kadarius Toney. Just ones that are mad at two things.

It was a penalty, the whole thing looks bad and very goddamned stupid for whining, everyone gets to make fun of it for that. Fair game. I'm just waiting for the point where we get to make fun of different things.

e: ha, reading the wrong week.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 21, 2023

T-Square
May 14, 2009

MJeff posted:

It's bright blue for a reason! How is this dope missing it?!

I forgot what game/broadcast it was but like a week or two ago they had the line of scrimmage white on the broadcast. It took me like five minutes into the game to realize where it was when it was finally like right next to 5 yard lines and stood out, and you really had to look for it for the entire game

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Doltos posted:

As much as he sucks teams rely on the DPI late game and WRs across the league will exaggerate contact during the last few heaves in a 2 minute drill

Not Eberflus, he relies on the loving idiot to grab the ball that falls into his hands. It actually works out worse.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

MJeff posted:

I understand that everybody does it, but saying the quiet part out loud like that seems like a great way for you to never get a DPI again.

There was a game last week where the color guy was saying the strategy should be to try to draw a DPI. I think everyone just kinda knows/expects it these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kawalimus posted:

Those are ok except the Ross's and the blue type snow goose which are cool and I dont see why youd target that. Thats the only part I dont understand. I had a hunter come up to me in an eastern shore county and ask me if the duck he killed was rare(was a eurasian wigeon so yes) and was super happy. Like why was that necessary?? But I dont mind hunting per se

We both know those eastern shore folk are special. I like Chesapeake city, the big rear end Bridge lording over the town is a neat vibe.