Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

TNF looks like it's going to be a snooze fest

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Tommy DeVito is the greatest QB of all time

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Ravens are currently the #1 seed with the Miami loss, but it kinda doesn't change a lot - it will still probably come down to MIA @ BAL on December 31st.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hoping for a Panthers upset so the NFC South stays locked in the desert of the real (bad)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

here's the most cursed playoff picture I could generate

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

AndrewP posted:

It's awful. Well done.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

AndrewP posted:

Vomited

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

The Ravens are currently the #1 seed with the Miami loss, but it kinda doesn't change a lot - it will still probably come down to MIA @ BAL on December 31st.

The Ravens seem like a team of destiny--to lose the Superbowl.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

AndrewP posted:

Tried my hand at this. Punted on the one seeds for more chaos below

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I think by the end of week 15 you could very well have at least 2 NFC South teams in playoff position, maybe 3 idk how the tiebreakers shake out but lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Highbrow Slick posted:

I think by the end of week 15 you could very well have at least 2 NFC South teams in playoff position, maybe 3 idk how the tiebreakers shake out but lol

Its not that the NFC South is equally poo poo, its that the NFC is equally poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If you had told me six weeks ago that I would be worried about this week's Lions game I would have laughed at you. Time makes fools of us all.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Will Levis and Tommy DeVito, the surest bets to succeed at the start of the season.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

C-Euro posted:

If you had told me six weeks ago that I would be worried about this week's Lions game I would have laughed at you. Time makes fools of us all.

We are dangerously close to Sean Payton winning Coach of the Year :barf:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If this year is the price paid to ensure no SB ever has the Chiefs or Eagles again, folks I gotta say it was absolutely worth it, and this is arguably the best and funniest the league has been

Should have done it sooner tbh

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Somehow I shouldn't be surprised the 2 teams that were in the Super Bowl last year would regress a bit to the mean.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I appreciate a lot of lovely teams winning games this week and giving me hope that we can find a decent shiny new QB to ruin in Las Vegas!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bellmaker posted:

We are dangerously close to Sean Payton winning Coach of the Year :barf:

They're doing what Detroit did last year except they had the sense to get their heads out of their asses a week earlier. That could be difference in making the playoffs, and hell if they sneak in after how badly everyone was roasting them early in the season then Payton deserves it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1734589718434648084

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Will Levis and Tommy DeVito, the surest bets to succeed at the start of the season.

I always believed in Anthony RichardsonTD15.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

This is good.

And a Happy Brady Day (12/12) to everyone here!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

biceps crimes posted:

TNF looks like it's going to be a snooze fest

That's what everyone thought last week and it was actually a game

I've given up on trying to predict football, it's impossible.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Two evenly matched teams is all you can really ask for, you'd hate for TNF to be a snoozer like when a good team plays a bad one, like what happened in both games last night.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Chargers super power of making every game close, and usually a heartbreaker for them, be it against super bowl teams or my high school team, plus the weirdness of the raiders and Thursday night football and divisional match, I’m actually expecting an entertaining game. Not saying it’ll be good football but

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 12, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Yeah there’s no way TNF won’t be entertaining, the only question is how. 45-42 barnburner? 3-0 clown fiesta? Multiple pick-6s? :shrug:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No Al in the playoffs: https://theathletic.com/5131360/2023/12/12/al-michaels-nbc-playoff-broadcast-teams/

quote:

NFL broadcasts will be without Al Michaels’ classic commentary voice for this season’s playoffs, as NBC Sports made the decision that Michaels will be left off the playoff commentary team, according to a source briefed on the decision Tuesday.

NBC will broadcast three playoff games in January, with two of them being handled by Mike Tirico and Cris Collinsworth, the network’s “Sunday Night Football” team.

Noah Eagle and Todd Blackledge, who have called Big Ten games together as NBC’s top college broadcasting team, will be on the call for the first weekend of postseason games as well. Sideline reporter Kathryn Tappen will join them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No more Herbie

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1734620591418741227

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Al needs to fully embrace becoming a Twitch football betting guy

I want to see how deranged his parleys get

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If they lose to the Raiders, the Chargers probably quietly have the inside track on a top 5 pick. Who woulda thunk it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

Yeah there’s no way TNF won’t be entertaining, the only question is how. 45-42 barnburner? 3-0 clown fiesta? Multiple pick-6s? :shrug:

a team that recently won a 6-0 game vs a team that just lost a 3-0 game

it reeks of thursday night, but what do i know

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I do not understand Tommy DeVito

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Quarterback Easton Stick

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

xbilkis posted:

If they lose to the Raiders, the Chargers probably quietly have the inside track on a top 5 pick. Who woulda thunk it

It's a bit ridiculous because currently picks5-10 are all 5-8 now

Panthers are probably locked in, hard to see either the Pats or Cards winning more then 1 more game, Football team probably 1 win as well at most?

1-12 Panthers - Falcons, Packers, @Jags, Bucs
3-10 Patriots - Chiefs, @Broncos, @Bills, Jets
3-10 Cards - 49ers, @Bears, @Eagles, Seahawks
4-9 Football Team - @Rams, @Jets, 49ers, Cowboys

Then the sea of 5-8's. Bears have by far the worst SOS, so they have the best tiebreaker, but could also win 2-3 games. Titans also playing a bunch of flailing teams so could fall out. Hard to see the Raiders winning more then 1 more game.

Bears - @Browns, Cardinals, Falcons, Packers
Raiders - Chargers, @Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos
Jets - @Dolphins, Football Team, @Browns, @Pats
Giants - @Saints, @Eagles, Rams, Eagles
Titans - Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jags
Chargers - @Raiders, Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

🤌

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DeVito on the field is Johnny Football if he gave a gently caress about football.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

New Jersey is Real

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Next 4 games: @Raiders, Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs

Staley is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

He's Italian, from what I gather