Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i use a microsoft arc and its so upsetting i find myself starring into the sun without realizing it hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

flubber nuts posted:

i use a microsoft arc and its so upsetting i find myself starring into the sun without realizing it hth

What's 'to the sun' is it like a pod cast or something

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Just buy a new mouse annually they're like zero dollars (rounded to the nearest thousand)

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

500excf type r posted:

What's 'to the sun' is it like a pod cast or something

sorry for typo, id imagine its from brain damage due to staring in a lovely podcast.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
SteelSeries Sensei 10, baby.

2 side buttons on each side, decent size, ambi-dexterous. First one I had lasted about 3 years when the scroll wheel went wonky. I took it apart and replaced the axle with a loving toothpick, and it lasted a couple more years. Bought another one.

But also, the Razer TRON mouse, same 2 buttons each, ambi, cool lights (lol), and it was smaller than your average mouse.

Logitech G910 keyboard. I'm on my second, and the right shift key is starting to jack up. I like the 14(?) programmable keys. But, it's not really a mechanical keyboard. Are there any good mechs out there that have that many extra keys / media / memory, etc?

-

I also thought this would be about the OP trying to chase and grab a mouse in the house, but this works too

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Dec 28, 2023

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Logitech G5 was the tits, I used optical 5 button Microsoft explorer mice from like 1999-2007 and then used a G5 and loved the weight system and now I buy Chinese G5 clones on Amazon for 15 bucks every two or three years and fill it with lead fishing weights to make it as heavy as possible

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

500excf type r posted:

Logitech G5 was the tits, I used optical 5 button Microsoft explorer mice from like 1999-2007 and then used a G5 and loved the weight system and now I buy Chinese G5 clones on Amazon for 15 bucks every two or three years and fill it with lead fishing weights to make it as heavy as possible

WE GOT WEIGHTS IN THE MICE!!!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Dick Fontaine posted:

that mouse exists and everyone is always hating on it

Best mouse ever made. When I switch to a Windows machine I have to use a Logitech G600 to even come close to the Magic Mouse's functionality, which it still falls critically short of.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Crazypoops posted:

Buy a crate of 5$ mouses and never worry about a mouse again

how do they get them into the crate?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

cumpantry posted:

how do they get them into the crate?

They're born there

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"How to clean your Mouse balls"

- Glenn from Sales, 1991

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

as long as I have at least 3 thumb buttons, I’m good. more is fine, but never less. Never!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Buce posted:

as long as I have at least 3 thumb buttons, I’m good. more is fine, but never less. Never!

What do you do with them

Is this for gaming

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bon Jovi joke

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

yes it is for elite gaming

also back/forward handy for internet

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Jelly posted:

My work is very intensive on mice and I used to go through at least one a year, mostly because the wheels give out.

I got super tired of all these tiny mice and switched to the Logitech MX Master and the aircraft carrier it uses as its thumb pad is made of vibranium or something because it is impossible to wear down or gunk up. The wheel is also indestructible. I've had this mouse for over three years and I'm in an absolute state of disbelief at its durability.

I've owned most of the other high end mice mentioned in this thread, and this one's easily the winner. Seriously, almost everything about it is perfect. I guess it could be a problem if you're into MMOs and need one of those mice with 17 buttons for hotkeys, but other than that, this thing is as good as it gets.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
A back and forward handy you say :confuoot:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Devils Affricate posted:

I've owned most of the other high end mice mentioned in this thread, and this one's easily the winner. Seriously, almost everything about it is perfect. I guess it could be a problem if you're into MMOs and need one of those mice with 17 buttons for hotkeys, but other than that, this thing is as good as it gets.

I'll probably get an MX Master at some point, but for the past few years I've been really fond of the M720 Triathlon. Can flip between 3 devices, has more buttons than I need, and the flywheel scrollwheel is fantastic. The quality control probably is better on the MX Master, but the worst I've had out of 4 or so M720s is one where the flywheel is prone to moving when I use the mouse, which is a minor hassle.

The reason I own at least 4 of them is not attrition, it's that one lives with my main desktop, one with my secondary desktop, one with my work laptop, and one is for travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I thought this thread would be about bathing or possibly oiling a mouse. Like the animal. I have to say, pretty disappointing that it's not.