Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

you know how you have a mouse you like but the thumb area wears away over time and becomes slick? your thumb greases and pressures wear away the lovely rubber. now every time you grab the mouse, there's this unsettling, sweating moistness under the pad of the thumb instead of solid purchase. I've tried grip tape, thumb condoms, abrading the surface, alcohol wipes (don't use alcohol, it'll melt the rubber). Is it really too much to ask that my mouse always feel like a freshly-autoclaved tool in my hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Need to make it from a material that's durable but also hyper oilphobic so the grease from my gamer hands can just roll right off and pool up on the desk instead.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I use Dr. Finnigan's Olde Fashioned Gamer Oil (TM) on my thumbs so I have a lot of problems with my mouse become slick during heated gaming sessions. Looking forward to other goons offering solutions.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Need to make it from a material that's durable but also hyper oilphobic so the grease from my gamer hands can just roll right off and pool up on the desk instead.

this is what i've been saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some kind of potent astringent excreted by the mouse pores?

Buce fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 28, 2023

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah it sucks. Has anyone here found a workable solution?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've never had this problem op, just wanted to let you know that some of us are living free and easy without a care in the world when it comes to mouse grease

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just don’t have thumbs anymore, problem solved

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

this is what i'm working with

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I glued my hand to my mouse so I wouldn't have this problem anymore

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

JUST GET ONE WITH A SMOOTH PLASTIC SET OF CLICKERS YOU DON'T NEED THAT RUBBER

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

sorry caps

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
just use a controller instead
problem solved

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

vaginite posted:

JUST GET ONE WITH A SMOOTH PLASTIC SET OF CLICKERS YOU DON'T NEED THAT RUBBER

hmm, interesting

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

vaginite posted:

sorry caps

Your allowed to all caps if your correct

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
OP I keep a bag of climbing chalk on my desk specifically for this reason. I used a chalk wheel for a while, but weirdly it made more of a mess? Less is more here, because its all going to turn into dust that will mess with the laser on the mouse

also i know you said slippery mouse problems, but let me tell you - chalking up your hands before a big sweaty controller session is loving amazing :discourse: :goonsay:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I use this

it's cool you can put weights in it to get the feel right, scrub clean plastic clickers (the side gets gummed up tho), it has the click to release scroll wheel your mouse has, and your jungler might still think you're not worth the blue buff but he sucks poo poo anyway and his mouse is probably like 8$

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
just take some coarse sandpaper to it and rough it up a lil

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

vaginite posted:

I use this

it's cool you can put weights in it to get the feel right, scrub clean plastic clickers (the side gets gummed up tho), it has the click to release scroll wheel your mouse has, and your jungler might still think you're not worth the blue buff but he sucks poo poo anyway and his mouse is probably like 8$

I stopped using logitech mice because they kept wearing out on me. Their K120 keyboard is great because it's dirt cheap and lasts for ages but their mice are just the shoddiest garbage.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

I stopped using logitech mice because they kept wearing out on me. Their K120 keyboard is great because it's dirt cheap and lasts for ages but their mice are just the shoddiest garbage.

They're top tier cum resistant tho

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i use the logitech g mx518. i bought 3 of them when they were on sale for $20 4 or 5 years ago and i'm already on the last of them.

they're beautiful and fragile, like all the best things in life

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Bad Purchase posted:

i use the logitech g mx518. i bought 3 of them when they were on sale for $20 4 or 5 years ago and i'm already on the last of them.

they're beautiful and fragile, like all the best things in life

Serious post I love my logitech G502 and I've had it like 4 years and it's still truckin. Maybe they've gone downhill since but this is a quality mouse.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

vaginite posted:

I use this

I used one of these

from 2004 until 5 years ago when the left button started feeling pretty worn, and then I bought a 502. Total spiritual successor and a great mouse, I love the weights and the on-the-fly dpi adjustment.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Whooping Crabs posted:

I glued my hand to my mouse so I wouldn't have this problem anymore

You’d think this would work, but trust me it don’t

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Best mouse I ever used was the Ideazon Reaper Edge. That one lasted for years. Sadly, by the time it wore out the company had shuttered and I couldn't buy another.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sounds like someone needs a pair of Declans Posting Gloves. :smug:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I need declan-posting-microfiber finger-condoms

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I prefer the magnums to the finger condoms they’re just a lot more comfortable

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I have little small fangers tho

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I cover my mouse in teflon so it's smooth all the time, much like a shark

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grey Cat posted:

that mouse exists and everyone is always hating on it

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Buy a crate of 5$ mouses and never worry about a mouse again

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

stick the mouse up your

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
what does "autoclaved" mean?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

stick the mouse up your

OK what now?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

how much do you tip your mouse guy?

naem
May 29, 2011

BigBadSteve posted:

Yeah it sucks. Has anyone here found a workable solution?

asking work for a new mouse every few months and keeping one at home “for remote work”

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I've got an m720 for work and another for pleasure that I have had for years, they are basically the best mouse. My work one lives in a backpack and gets bounced around with a bunch of other junk all over the place and my home one has to put up with a 7 month old who loves to grab everything electronic and bang it around on stuff and both still work fine. What the Christ are you doing with your mice Super Sweet Best Pal??

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I used to have this problem but then I stopped coating my pet mice in baby oil.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

that mouse exists and everyone is always hating on it

Charge me but don't use me! I'm tooooo pure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
My work is very intensive on mice and I used to go through at least one a year, mostly because the wheels give out.

I got super tired of all these tiny mice and switched to the Logitech MX Master and the aircraft carrier it uses as its thumb pad is made of vibranium or something because it is impossible to wear down or gunk up. The wheel is also indestructible. I've had this mouse for over three years and I'm in an absolute state of disbelief at its durability.

Crazypoops posted:

Buy a crate of 5$ mouses and never worry about a mouse again
Cheap keyboards are fine but cheap mice are horse poo poo.