Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Wow I will NOT tolerate this ham denigration.

I may seem weak because of my lack of physical and strength but you'll still have to get through the Salami Gang and my Proscuttoian Guard to reach me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm a pepperoni man myself. The perfect sandwich meat.

Most deli ham I can leave but I started buying the "off the bone" ham and that stuff tastes way better

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I may seem weak because of my lack of physical and strength but you'll still have to get through the Salami Gang and my Proscuttoian Guard to reach me

yup. ham just seems pathetic in comparison

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Holiday Hams are good when done right and you get it hot out the oven, but it's rare in my experience. I had like 4 families growing up and none were ham experts. Good holiday turkey and tamales though.

Deli ham I can hard pass. Pepperoni great, really basically every kind of flavourful cured pork is fantastic for sandwiches. When I go to a new sandwich joint I always try out whatever they call their spicy Italian, sans ham if they have it, as my quality test to see if their other stuff worth exploring, or if the Italian is so good I don't ever need to consider my order there again.

I think the only bad spicy Italian I had was years ago at a jimmy John's and they scooped the friggin bread out and I didn't notice until too late. It wasn't even bad just... Not all there, balance was off.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I had a choice between a Cubano and a muffuletta for lunch and I went with the muffuletta.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I had a choice between a Cubano and a muffuletta for lunch and I went with the muffuletta.

hard to fault. the muffaletta is simply top shelf. good technique and god bless

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

wrong. They go on a blackened catfish sandwich

Take one catfish and bread and butter pickle sandwich. Apply fire until black. Enjoy your sandwich.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Nooner posted:

Answer:

Because OP is a big fat dumbass with no taste

not sure why this thread merited six pages when nooner answered succinctly as he did

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Chinatown posted:

yeah in the freakin' trash can!!!!!

i bought some hot pickled okra a few weeks ago, opened them up when i got home, then found out i should have read the label better because they were sweet and i was fuckin pissed bro

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

either of those was a very acceptable sandwich

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
op you disgust me.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yup. ham just seems pathetic in comparison

Most ham you can buy in the store is plastic packaged and tastes like poo poo IMO.

That reminds me that my favorite brand of ham which was a locally one man operation and you could only get it over the counter. Well the owner retired and his kids took over. Some real go getter shits who expanded the operation massively. Now their ham is available in prepackaged plastic in lots of stores in the country. I don't like it anymore. It's now almost wet and chewy in consistency, like most lovely ham.

The real stuff was drier, almost flaky and crumbly which happened naturally because of the old fashioned way it was cured & smoked in a sauna naturally leads to water loss (imo creates better flavor and texture), I heard they inject the ham now instead with several dozen needles containing a wet cure and overall industrialized the process for mass production. So they can get the wet & sloppy look that people have come to expect from other mass produced crap.

Now there's a single place left that still smokes hams small scale and I can buy it from the butcher where they slice it for me. But I guess that will go belly up eventually.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If it's not actually made in Cuba it's just a ham and cheese toastie

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Cuban Sandwiches are Floridian and the 'Cuban' in the name means it's pressed down into flat wafer format get your facts straight!!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

You know how in Japan/DBZ everything comes in capsule format, like houses and cars pressed down into a little capsule? Cuba is the same but everything is a flat 2d wafer.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
There is this bar in Sherman Oaks called Mr Furleys that makes an extremely good Cubano and also drinks are buy 2 get 1 free. Anyway I would go there a lot just for the sandwich but the cheap drinks was just icing on the cake, or as I like to say "mustard on the sandwich" :smug:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

or as I like to say "mustard on the sandwich" :smug:

That saying sucks rear end

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Waiting on a tinga cemita

It’s gonna be great

I’m eyeing this place while I wait

Snowy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 14, 2024

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Update:

It’s good

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It's because of the embargo, op.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I fried a bunch of pork belly slices and was left with a ton of salty fat. I dipped rye bred into this until all the fat was gone.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Would you like a Tums?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Nicodemus Dumps posted:

Croque Madame supremacy

I'd just like to point out something I only twigged recently.

When you ask a french waiter for a Croque Monsieur, you are asking for a Mister Crunchy

Add an egg? Mrs. Crunchy

Agreed on the supremacy of the Mrs. Crunchy though.

naem
May 29, 2011

I had what my local sandwich places called a Muffuletta

the olive tapenade was p good addition

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
augh yeah folks todays a hot melty sandwich day

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I think OP lost a girlfriend to a Cuban sandwich in highschool and never got over it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Outrail posted:

I think OP lost a girlfriend to a Cuban sandwich in highschool and never got over it.

Wait which video game was my girlfriend? Wait hold on I gotta think about this. Unreal Tournament... I'd be 13. Savage Battle For Newerth 17. Nox 15. Yeah I'm going with Nox.

edit: I'll have you know Nox would not leave me for a Cuban sandwich.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 1, 2024

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

Duck and Cover posted:

my favorite pizza place is in VT

Woah woah woah. Go back. That's a mighty big claim. Where's this?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

Woah woah woah. Go back. That's a mighty big claim. Where's this?

https://www.samswoodfiredpizzavt.com/menu
https://www.facebook.com/woodfiredpizzavt/

They're moving and have not yet reopened. https://www.maxamiaristorante.com/ in Connecticut is also good probably better flavor wise (definitely better crust) but more limited option selection and smaller. Also it's a restaurant and I'm not sure meets the definition of "pizza place". Really I think the lesson to learn here is wood fire makes for tastier pizza.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Outrail posted:

Would you like a Tums?

Nah it's fine I've never had those kinds of problems regardless what I ate. Maybe I should've gone for a walk though, was a pretty heavy meal. The drippings also made a good sauce for the potatoes.