Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
i say "gently caress" in the office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DM me on Slack

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Look, I know OP isn't being a team player and pulling their weight. But at the end of the day we still need someone down the line to own the solution. This is our cash cow but we don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Really facing some serious brain drain here OP.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

redshirt posted:

DM me on Slack

We say Slack Me

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Click on the hamburger menu in the upper right, or the breadcrumbs link. We’re dogfooding this.

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

This off-target hit caught in the screen looks interesting, let's make some chemical matter to explore the space

Do we have any extra FTE chemists to put on it?

No, but I still think we should go down this road, let's meet in a month to discuss first tier screening funnel design.

Are we going to pause any other assay dev activity for a new project?

No but this is a really interesting potential entry into a key therapeutic area for the company.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Are we touching base? Let's do a touch base.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Chicken Butt posted:

Click on the hamburger menu in the upper right, or the breadcrumbs link. We’re dogfooding this.

I was once an executive call where two C levels debated for almost 30 minutes on using "eat our own dog food" vs "drinking our own champagne"

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

kitty wompus

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I used to work at a company where the CEO constantly talked about "making the trains run on time". got an lol out of that one.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
A HR lady told me today to "pace myself" when I told her how busy I am, does that count?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hmm, not seeing anyone share their WINSday success stories

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
"I've asked you nicely three times already, Geoff! Stop eating my spaghetti left-overs - they're mine!. I'm taking this to HR."

:rolleyes:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Is it only here where people started calling "disruptive" anything even slightly positive

Pff
Aug 17, 2012
Someone called me Human Capital once. She's dead now. Unrelated.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pff posted:

Someone called me Human Capital once. She's dead now. Unrelated.

Good, you're more of a resource than capital

naem
May 29, 2011

Chicken Butt posted:

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LtjzQaFZ3k

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Negostrike posted:

Is it only here where people started calling "disruptive" anything even slightly positive

actually we are Trusted Disruptors, very important distinction

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8OnoxKotPQ

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
'on smoko'

naem
May 29, 2011

a small company I worked for got bought by a medium sized company, one that acquired small companies regularly and had an integration team that made the transition smooth for everyone getting them onto the new payroll/benefits/internal social media etc platforms

but the medium sized company was bought out by private equity, who then went on to buy several other small companies all at once, leaving my former small company to fend for itself almost as soon as they were acquired with no transition

also the bigger company was in the middle of changing over to a new system for pay etc etc themselves,

and the integration team employees were suddenly replaced by a new team from the private equity firm and all let go, and they had no idea my small former company hadn’t been like transitioned

it was a literal cluster gently caress of acronyms and catchy brand name shittery

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

gently caress U!!!!!!!!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It’s Friday Eve!!

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.

Kagrenak posted:

This off-target hit caught in the screen looks interesting, let's make some chemical matter to explore the space

Do we have any extra FTE chemists to put on it?

No, but I still think we should go down this road, let's meet in a month to discuss first tier screening funnel design.

Are we going to pause any other assay dev activity for a new project?

No but this is a really interesting potential entry into a key therapeutic area for the company.

even if they did want to do the development work, you think AD is just going to pull something out of thin air? it'll need to start as FIO characterization before it becomes a CQA

loving project managers

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just posted in Yammer!

Share in LinkedIn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHW58D-_O64

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Let’s ask the stakeholders for a list of deliverables.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
steak holder

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

You trackin?

And there is only one response, "Like Aragorn on a starless night"

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Well, we have a new champion …

"The changes announced today reflect a return to our core principles on resource allocation, such as getting fit on spans and layers as well as focusing on our highest priorities," Wayfair CEO and co-founder Niraj Shah said in the news release.

Wayfair lays off over 1,000 employees weeks after CEO told company to 'work longer hours'

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wayfair has been cratering for awhile now

Which is too bad because some of my former coworkers work there

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"getting fit on spans and layers" is certainly a new one for me

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Put a sticky up during the daily wave

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
There's this czech guy at work that does a surprisingly good Bubba "Forrest, why did this happen?" line when someone fucks up. I've been on the receiving end a few times and it really stings.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Smugworth posted:

Hopefully their spans and layers were properly fitted.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
did you cop the memo about thinking to or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!