Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If the airburst rocket is a secret automaton ploy to sabotage helldiver operations its working great

This is why you don't drop on red zones
https://i.imgur.com/CUblp3J.mp4

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
If the air burst rocket was a one and done with a short cooldown like an eat I could see it getting some use on really open maps full of bugs.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Airburst seems real good on bot eradicate missions where you have an elevated position so I'm excited to try the 'fixed' version that gets added, but yeah not a big fan of it as-is

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
I'm convinced Petra is the worst planet to have the airburst on.

Trees and rocks. Constant fog, low visibility. Add on comically high aoe proximity detonation launcher. It's a recipe for TK disaster. It has to be on purpose.

But what if I had this on a clear map. Desert dunes or moors or ice planet. With bugs. Far away. In dense concentrations. Oh yeah.

Besides it might have a pretty significant rework when it's finalized. Right now it feels less like an airburst and more of a cluster rocket.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

I'm convinced Petra is the worst planet to have the airburst on.

Trees and rocks. Constant fog, low visibility. Add on comically high aoe proximity detonation launcher. It's a recipe for TK disaster. It has to be on purpose.

But what if I had this on a clear map. Desert dunes or moors or ice planet. With bugs. Far away. In dense concentrations. Oh yeah.

The Swedish have a peculiar sense of humor, I suppose.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

FTFY

https://i.imgur.com/oaFKgYL.mp4
(Sound)

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

If the airburst rocket is a secret automaton ploy to sabotage helldiver operations its working great

lmao did your squadmate actively dodge hitting a fab?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Had a very fun mini-nuke on extraction while doing a pub sample run today

https://i.imgur.com/2E2zGbQ.mp4

Why did all 3 of my teammates rush towards the red beam? Liberty only knows

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wanted to add their names to the Wall of Martyrs

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

I'm somewhat convinced that the medium sized destroyable rocks are setting off the prox warhead on the airburst launcher. you can shoot past trees but GFY if you're anywhere near a rock

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

It really needs a manual detonation mode.

Clicking again when you want it to go boom would be rad, and make it pretty solid.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I'm holding off final judgement of the airburst launcher until it "officially" drops and has its changes applied to it, but I hope those changes include making it more consistent to use. Between 1) it fusing on terrain seemingly at random, 2) the initial rocket explosion doing what appears to be no damage at all, and 3) the submunitions spreading out in a circular pattern meaning it does damage in a weird donut shape, it's hard to even determine how much damage it can do. I've had Devastators run the gambit of dying in a single shot to surviving 5 (I would have shot more but I ran out of ammo). It definitely seems to do a decent amount when it works; I managed a 16x kill with a single shot on the first time I took it out, but unless you can manage something like that with consistency it's not going to be worth using outside of meme-ing.
https://i.imgur.com/W50TZzp.mp4

Also this is totally an aside but it seems more like a cluster-munition launcher than an airburst launcher; when I hear airburst launcher I think something more along the lines of a super-eruptor: a giant HE-FRAG rocket that spews out a billion pieces of shrapnel everywhere.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Wish there was a way to resupply the exosuit. I love my mech but it dies pretty quick to bots especially and runs out of ammo pretty fast. Am I doing it wrong?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I watched someone keep a mech alive for a good while against bots earlier and I think the secret is actually run out of ammo faster. Just be really really aggressive with it. Obviously don't try to walk infront of every rocket, tank blast, and cannon turret, but I watched a pub take a cannon turret and tons of small arms fire and live to run out of ammo. They were real liberal with their rockets and emptied the gatling at anything and evetything as long as there was a target in sight, whether charging ahead, retreating, or seeking cover. They were still avoiding patrols with the rest of us when we weren't already in a fight but otherwise just explode supress and perforate everything repentlessly.

This worked extremely well on a blitz mission that was just dummy full of devastators around every corner.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jeremor posted:

Wish there was a way to resupply the exosuit. I love my mech but it dies pretty quick to bots especially and runs out of ammo pretty fast. Am I doing it wrong?

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Away all Goats posted:

Your mistake was not having everyone aim for the factory strider, you'd have done a bunch of damage and been basically invincible on top of it assuming you hit and destroy the top cannon