Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

echinopsis posted:

caligula 2

: The Eric Scmidt Story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

echinopsis posted:

I fuckin laughed

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

schindler's listserv

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

computer. Movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQOOoEawwCA

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
grizzled mainframe sysprog clacks the big red button and turns the old warhorse off for good. she pats it fondly, picks up her coffee mug, and leaves

retirement is boring and lame, so she interviews for intern positions at tech startups

she gets hired at a place where the oldest there is her grandkids age

nobody knows what to make of each other at first, but while the team is working on a tough issue she pipes up with a new idea that might just work. everyone is somewhat taken aback, but with nothing left to try they do it, and it works! yay!

the team begins exploring a new high performance programming environment called “assembler” and she starts learning server side javascript frameworks

great success for everyone!

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
alternate ending:

just as the team starts to celebrate getting the thing working, Finance walks in.

“if you want to keep something take it with you when you leave today. we havent paid rent for six months and theyre padlocking the place at 11 pm tonight. the last paycheck you got is the last youll get. catch all yall on the flip side.”

he then takes the giant 4 handle espresso machine and piles it on to aeron chairs and wheels it all to the elevator, whistling “whistle while you work” the whole way

our herone looks fondly at the team, laughs, and says “lol. see you later shitlords!” , gets her coffee cup, and leaves.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

feature length version of this directed by james cameron in new zealand for 8 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gduUeX0N4Q

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

A virus outbreak where people poo poo uncontrollably when they see advertising. A thriller of economies and societies on the brink.

Making ads as a monster would be horrifying, the fuckers are everywhere

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Judge Dredd but Mega-City One is an ever expanding us-east-1

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

root of all eval posted:

Judge Dredd but Mega-City One is an ever expanding us-east-1

so... judge dredd?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a 22 short films style series of stories set in the valley on a day everyone's dry on adderal

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Threads, but it's a giant solar flare EMP wiping data from half the planet's electronics.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

qirex posted:

a 22 short films style series of stories set in the valley on a day everyone's dry on adderal

so ... any day that ends in a 'y' then

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
a movie adaptation about that comic where office workers destroy all technology and revert to hunter-gatherers and nature retakes downtown

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

git apologist posted:

feature length version of this directed by james cameron in new zealand for 8 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gduUeX0N4Q

I’ll never understand how this is not more popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=140ea47ndME