Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
suggest some ideas for movies where computers are central to the plot

A small Midwestern town made computers illegal. A newcomer struggling to fit in challenges these norms, but a local pastor who hates computers stands in the way.

A family moves 100 miles away and accidentally leaves their three computers at the old home. The three computers must travel through mountains, woods, and rivers to get back to the family.

A young elementary school sports team is struggling. Thankfully, there’s nothing in the rule book that says a computer can’t play basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Andy Warhol's Elon Musk Hit By Falling Apple Lisa.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
american sniper

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

robert eggers the computer where in a man is driven mad by the computer in his cubical he cant leave due to a deadline or a curse or a metaphor or something

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
chat gippity comes alive

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gif vs gif

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Autistic: X vs Server

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

psychological thriller where a detective discovers a series of elaborate suicides that are similar in method, but the victims have nothing in common... except that they use linux on the desktop

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Truman Peyote posted:

psychological thriller where a detective discovers a series of elaborate suicides that are similar in method, but the victims have nothing in common... except that they use linux on the desktop

plot twist: they all used reiserfs. it was a coverup!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

gif vs gif

i'd watch this. as long as they got it correct

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Brrrmph posted:

A family moves 100 miles away and accidentally leaves their three computers at the old home. The three computers must travel through mountains, woods, and rivers to get back to the family.

echinopsis posted:

american sniper

Truman Peyote posted:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

antiques roadshow, except it's a bunch of dads appraising various obsolete cables, adapters and other accessories they've been keeping in a box in the closet for decades

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crazy Achmed posted:

antiques roadshow, except it's a bunch of dads appraising various obsolete cables, adapters and other accessories they've been keeping in a box in the closet for decades

oh my god

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Crazy Achmed posted:

hosted by james may but he’s interested in computer stuff

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

fart

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

two middle aged, visibly disheveled, brusque, self satisfied and aggressive about their esoteric computer knowledge free software enthusiasts become friends via a shared bond of being yelled at by linus on the linux dev mailing list. they hatch a plan to create a new distribution, but only get as far as writing two paragraphs on a wiki homepage before realising the true power of linux: love

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

a humble judean carpenter, struggling with his realization that he is the son of god, endures the final temptation of an ordinary life: using office productivity applications on an ibm-compatible personal computer

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Crazy Achmed posted:

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

a film about a young black man, who uncovers shocking secrets when he uses the family computer of his white girlfriend, Git-Out

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the wolf of wall street, but about stallman

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

the residents of a suburban neighborhood learn about wireless frequency congestion, the Stepford WiFis

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

peep show but mark is a pc user and jeremy has a mac

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

the little toaster, but it’s a first gen ipod

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

a teenage mutant ninja turtles sequel where donatello has a job as an on-site xerox copier repairman

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Crazy Achmed posted:

My “dongles, adapters, and misc.” box is getting pretty good.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sweevo posted:

peep show but mark is a pc user and jeremy has a p-p-p-PowerBook

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

The Notebook but instead of her husband having to explain their relationship every day its her son explaining how to log into her gmail account every day

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Crazy Achmed posted:

lol I would skim the pilot

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Truman Peyote posted:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Marvel remake of Office Space, so the printer smashing scene is a 15 minute CGI crapfest and then michael turns to the camera and says "so that just happened"

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Richard Gnu and Linus Too

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 21, 2024

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

selfserving oscar bait biopic of shingy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
outbreak but with computer virus

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

an executive walks into his office and is delivered a new shiny laptop by the IT department to use going forward after an office-wide hardware refresh and his old desktop is carried away to a closet for disposal

it looks good and performs well, but we see the executive is not pleased with the changes, he misses his old desktop, they had many good memories together over the years

one night after everyone else has gone home for the day, the executive goes into the closet, finds his old desktop, places it under his desk, and secretly connects it to his monitor and keyboard while making it seem like the new laptop is still being used

from then on our cheerful executive can used his beloved old desktop as often as he wants from the privacy of his corner office

in the final scene, we see him gently caress and cum into the desktop

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I fuckin laughed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
caligula 2

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

haunted computer